David Lee out for 2 weeks with infected elbow

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:54 pm
Lee had his first surgery Friday in Fremont by Dr. Frank Chen and was released the next day. By Sunday, he was back at the hospital -- this time heading to Stanford. He had a second surgery Monday night and will stay in the hospital for further treatment and monitoring.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/war ... z15gIthb62

WHOA....that's where I live. Damn wish I saw him
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Well, at least they do not need to amputate his arm!!

Warriors' Lee out of hospital after procedure on elbow

Posted Nov 18 2010 7:28PM

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Golden State Warriors forward David Lee has been released from a hospital after undergoing a second procedure on his left elbow to treat an infection.

Lee initially had surgery last Friday after he cut the inside of his elbow in a nasty collision with the mouth of New York's Wilson Chandler, who left a fragment of a tooth in Lee's arm.

After Lee's elbow swelled and bled overnight, he went to an emergency room for antibiotics. He was released from Stanford Hospital on Thursday.

Coach Keith Smart isn't sure when Lee will play again, but he will be sidelined at least until early next week. Lee is scheduled to be re-evaluated Tuesday, a day before the Warriors play at Houston to start a three-game road trip.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/11/18/warriors-david-lee.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:52 pm
Hurry up and get better already Lee!
This season is not a flop.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:37 pm
Lee is cleared to start conditioning..

honestly if I see one more injury I'm going to games and starting a fire the training staff chant lol

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:37 pm
Not sure what to make of and infected elbow, but please Lee the team needs you, real real bad.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:39 pm
kinda explains why good big men are a valued commodity around the league. wing players can hit jumpers and drive, but jumpers don't always fall and guys like Monta Ellis can be neutralized when a team focuses solely on him. I think it explains alot that the team hasn't won much since having Chris Webber and David Lee out of the lineup. big guy balances out the team and adds 2nd chance ponts. just from my own experience playing ball, I love playing with a big post guy cuz having that luxury makes the game easier for everyone else.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:43 pm
Dude, is it me or does Lee need to sit for a while and get his elbow healed properly and his arm strength back? I respect the fact that he's gutting it out on the court, but that thing is nasty and keeps opening up. They're spending $80 million on this guy, seems silly to not have him sit for a couple weeks and get this rights so it doesn't linger the rest of this year or his career.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball