Show of Hands: Who actually thought this team would be 6-2?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 am
This is amazing, 1/2 the roster is new, new ownership, and 1st year head coach. This team is really dynamic right now and I just pray they stay healthy. D. Wright is looking like the signing/bargin of the year in the NBA and the team is actually killing it on the boards.

I like the Warrios new Smart-Ball.

Lets go Dubs!!!!
This season is not a flop.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:16 am
To be honest, I wasn't expecting this score so far, so I'm thrilled right now. If we could just be a bit more consistent on defense. One game we play really good defense that surprises everyone, and then next two games we're back on usual Warriors defense. But I think Smart will got that done.

Beside that, everything is clicking really good. And, I'm not sure that this team would be any better if we had Melo instead of Monta. Don't think Melo would fit in this offense like Monta does, Monta's maybe the most important part of this team, maybe more than Curry.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:50 am
I sure as heck didn't. I'm lovin how accurate D.Wright is from the 3 point line, how Monta is actually being a team player, and how Curry has become mr. 4th quarter clutch. Also I think its not that they play horrible defense...its just they seem to get too comfortable with their leads. Two games where their lead was 20 and it ended up being a close game in both...although from tonights game, all those phantom fouls were really starting to piss me off. It was seriously like the refs wanted the warriors to lose. (maybe I'm just a biased fan :P )

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:05 am
Wow, so that is what defense looks like. I was just checking the stats on NBA.com and GSW are #5 in team offense but the shocker is #6 in team defense. Who would have thought it. Lee was #5 in rebounds and Beans was #15. This is exciting and what I like is they find ways at the end to win, not lose the game. I know it is early in the season, but this is nice.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:29 am
It is amazing that all we needed was a little more defense and rebounding. It is too bad that they couldn't manage to keep Turiaf too.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:38 am
They are doing so great that my forum name has become inappropriate, I should change it to go_warioz.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 am
Not I, that's for sure. It has been fun this far and I believe we are a team destined for the post season, but its not enough for us to beat the average and bad teams we need to prove we can defeat a top squad now. We'll get a good idea of how good we really are when we go to Chicago.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 am
Hell no. I would have been thrilled if we were 4-4 at this point.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:50 am
Ya start was a litte unexpected but I thought they could compete for the 8th spot.

I posted this in preseason but accidentally deleted it

rockyBeli wrote:I'm going with 45+ wins if W's stay healthy, 38 if we don't (and heckle the training staff).

here's why -

>> W's are going to outrebound a lot of teams. Lee n Beans will scrap and help eachother out.
>> W's will be better at D. yes not great invidiual defenders but Curry/Ellis were #1 and #3 in steals, crazy Nellie-O is gone, and no more Maggette @ PF. that's a boost right there. and this team is playing some good help-D. I can see they are committed to having eachothers back on D.
>> W's got quality for quantity & everyday starting lineup. David Lee settles the PF debate, the only ? mark is SF and I think D Wright can hold it down. no more redundant D leaguers trying out for a spot, causing roster uncertainty.
>> W's are under new ownership and no-Nellie. by subtracting them, that's 10+ wins right there : )
>> W's have enough talent and balance to beat the teams they should beat. and they can compete with the Grizzlies, Rockets, Blazers, Suns type teams. and they have the firepower to shock a few elite teams I think. I won't be surprised to to see them compete for that #8 spot.

ya hopefully they can keep it up and stay consistent, stay together. gotta admit it's nice to see the Warriors among the top teams in the West even if it's just early on.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:03 pm
I wouldn't have imagined it either! My pre-season prediction of 35 wins seems a tad low now...I'll go ahead and bump it up to 41.
Nothing good comes easily...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:07 pm
JREED wrote:Not I, that's for sure. It has been fun this far and I believe we are a team destined for the post season, but its not enough for us to beat the average and bad teams we need to prove we can defeat a top squad now. We'll get a good idea of how good we really are when we go to Chicago.

You are right, this team does have to prove itself and I am sure growing pains are coming but organizations start from the top down and with new ownership and a new head coach (granted he has been there but not in this position), I am liking what I am seeing, the very real possibility of going in a completely new direction. Chicago will be a test, particularly in back to back's on the road.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:35 pm
we did beat a good team in utah, but i think everyone else we've beat so far is mediocre at best... we lost horribly to the lakers, so i think our record will start to balance out as we play some of the power teams that are in the nba... sitting at 6-2 and if we were to continue this paste of winning, we'd probably be around the 50 win margin, which is probably not realistic for us... however, i think if we win half the battles against the likes of boston, orlando, san antonio, lakers, miami, etc, and continue to beat the teams we're suppose to beat,we're probably find ourselves in for a ride... think we believe year but for consistently! it's fukken crazy, and im as juiced as anyone...

GO DUBS
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:36 pm
I am vert excited by the team too, but... most of the teams we faced were very beatable.

We have only seen 1 great team, LA, and they killed us. Yeah they are doing that to most teams right now though.
I still think we are going to struggle to get in to the playoffs. The teams that I am waiting to see how we play against are the better Western and Eastern conf. teams:
Dallas, NO, Heat, Celtics, Orlando, Atlanta, Spurs, etc.

I think we still need more bench help, either a trade or some guys stepping up off the bench, for us to reach the playoffs.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:37 pm
8th ave wrote:we did beat a good team in utah, but i think everyone else we've beat so far is mediocre at best... we lost horribly to the lakers, so i think our record will start to balance out as we play some of the power teams that are in the nba... sitting at 6-2 and if we were to continue this paste of winning, we'd probably be around the 50 win margin, which is probably not realistic for us... however, i think if we win half the battles against the likes of boston, orlando, san antonio, lakers, miami, etc, and continue to beat the teams we're suppose to beat,we're probably find ourselves in for a ride... think we believe year but for consistently! it's fukken crazy, and im as juiced as anyone...

GO DUBS

haha, that was exactly what i was going to say... you beat me by 1 min.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:45 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
8th ave wrote:we did beat a good team in utah, but i think everyone else we've beat so far is mediocre at best... we lost horribly to the lakers, so i think our record will start to balance out as we play some of the power teams that are in the nba... sitting at 6-2 and if we were to continue this paste of winning, we'd probably be around the 50 win margin, which is probably not realistic for us... however, i think if we win half the battles against the likes of boston, orlando, san antonio, lakers, miami, etc, and continue to beat the teams we're suppose to beat,we're probably find ourselves in for a ride... think we believe year but for consistently! it's fukken crazy, and im as juiced as anyone...

GO DUBS

haha, that was exactly what i was going to say... you beat me by 1 min.

lol good ****...

i've been thinking too... all dub fans are on a high right now, but i know damn well we're gonna hit a wall and come back down to earth... then all hell is gonna break lose, pointing fingers begin, and everyone goes crazy...... hope im wrong tho
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball