Ok, I'm stoked

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 pm
Beating the Jazz at their own ugly game. Out rebounded, out everythinged them except probably for shooting percentage. This is indeed impressive. Beat them in the paint and in 2nd chance points. Unreal.

Another thing that is interesting is the foul thing. Note that the Ws, even AB, aren't getting the ticky tacky calls on them this year. Normally the Jazz would have shot a million free throws because they are "physical" and the Ws would have had a bunch of air fouls called on them. Now the refs, front runners like I always say, treated the teams equally. That is huge and will make a difference as word gets out to the other refs.

How many times did we lose to these dinasaurs by 20 frustrating points in the past?

BTW Sloan, you are looking kind of senile out there what with the gaping mouth thing. And you have all those stars, but by all means slow them down so that the score is low and anyone can beat you.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:07 pm
Nice post carlgo... yeah, an ugly game, but we seem to be winning these type thus far.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:24 pm
I'm stoked that we are able to play defense and still play exciting basketball. If we would of had any kind of shooting night tonight this would have been a blowout! Can't say enough about our starting 5 and I just love this roster from top to bottom - we look like a real NBA team! Ellis has been cramming all of his critics and haters' feet down their throats. I would like to of seen curry take some more time off, but we couldn't have done it without him.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:24 am
This is definitely a game we would have lost last year.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:58 am
hobbes wrote:This is definitely a game we would have lost last year.

I was thinking the same thing! Rep for you! But seriously who is this Warrior team and what have they done with our real Warriors? This all seems too good to be true a tough, gritty talented team! I think this could really be a special yeat
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:15 am
I know its subtle, but this is not a rebuilding team. All our key players have decent NBA experience (a balance between not being a rookie and past their prime old legs). David Lee, Monta, Biedrins have been around the NBA block and Curry was a college senior coming into the NBA despite his baby face. We have stopped rebuilding and have entered a new era of rebounding, rebounding and more rebounding. I still think the season will have a lot of parity with 10 teams fighting for seeds 2-8 in the West during the final week of the season. We have as good shot at the 3rd seed as our favorite and traditional 10th seed.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:55 am
dareedle wrote:I know its subtle, but this is not a rebuilding team. All our key players have decent NBA experience (a balance between not being a rookie and past their prime old legs). David Lee, Monta, Biedrins have been around the NBA block and Curry was a college senior coming into the NBA despite his baby face. We have stopped rebuilding and have entered a new era of rebounding, rebounding and more rebounding. I still think the season will have a lot of parity with 10 teams fighting for seeds 2-8 in the West during the final week of the season. We have as good shot at the 3rd seed as our favorite and traditional 10th seed.

#-o :-k not to be mean, or anything, and I didn't neg rep you...but what's the point of that post?
~LilBallerx~

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:36 pm
JREED wrote:I'm stoked that we are able to play defense and still play exciting basketball. If we would of had any kind of shooting night tonight this would have been a blowout! Can't say enough about our starting 5 and I just love this roster from top to bottom - we look like a real NBA team! Ellis has been cramming all of his critics and haters' feet down their throats. I would like to of seen curry take some more time off, but we couldn't have done it without him.

The critics had a point about Ellis and in this season so far he has been playing the way the critics said he should play.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:26 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:
dareedle wrote:I know its subtle, but this is not a rebuilding team. All our key players have decent NBA experience (a balance between not being a rookie and past their prime old legs). David Lee, Monta, Biedrins have been around the NBA block and Curry was a college senior coming into the NBA despite his baby face. We have stopped rebuilding and have entered a new era of rebounding, rebounding and more rebounding. I still think the season will have a lot of parity with 10 teams fighting for seeds 2-8 in the West during the final week of the season. We have as good shot at the 3rd seed as our favorite and traditional 10th seed.

#-o :-k not to be mean, or anything, and I didn't neg rep you...but what's the point of that post?

I'm sorry, I read rebuilding as rebounding, and I was like wtf for a while...
NEVER MIND! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:21 pm
the only bad thing about playing that kind of defense is that the entire utah starting squad is probably tired right now... even worst news is they're playing the clippers right now and i would rather much have them pound the clippers into the ground than to let them get a win...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Im with you! WE are def no longer a rebuilding team. I like to think that we have the pieces in place to be an up and coming team. No longer are we relying on potential. Instead, we have expectations now for certain players. Out goes your AR, which everyone was waiting for his potential to bloom and turn to a superstar but inconsistencies and the lack of IQ really limited his skill set.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:00 am
8th ave wrote:the only bad thing about playing that kind of defense is that the entire utah starting squad is probably tired right now... even worst news is they're playing the clippers right now and i would rather much have them pound the clippers into the ground than to let them get a win...

Haha, that's funny, i was thinking the same thing and have been watching the score. Utah ended up winning in double OT... i bet they are dog tired now.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Return to Warriors Basketball