Monta's good start

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:43 pm
At one time I thought he should be traded. Didn't like his game and his attitude as it seemed to be on the court. But now all seems changed and I enjoy watching him as he seems to have come out of the darkness of Nelson's shadow and into the light.

Sure, he would have to be traded for some HOF center, but not for anyone else.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:14 pm
carlgo wrote:
Sure, he would have to be traded for some HOF center, but not for anyone else.

or Melo

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 am
Several points. 1st. It is really important to our franchise that Ellis wins the scoring title ... all-star recognition... (you become a contender and better calls from the Stern/mob "influenced" refs)
2nd. Our glue player is David Lee not Curry who has been up and down all year round (DL helps us win night in and night out)
3rd. Monta is not one-dimensional but he is by far our best scorer which means he should get shots ahead of forgettable bench players like Vlade, Lin, Adriens, Bell and more than the mecurial DWright who usually is awful (5-15) when he shoots too much in a game.
4. Compared to the big three (Kobe, Durant and Melo) I really don't see a big difference to the new Donless Ellis because none play stellar defense and all are great scorers that should be taking key shots throughout a game (the key to winning seems to be the phantom foul calls in the 4th which helps a superstar win even when the shots don't fall)
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:27 am
Kobe plays stellar d
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:42 am
Ellis for mpv, imagine how unwatchable this team would be right now without him.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:58 am
we need to get a winning record first... he's not even gonna make the all-star team let alone win the mvp award... you're probably just kidding tho
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:09 am
Ellis is making the all-star team FOR SURE this year. I'd bet my life on it [long as he's not hurt prior].

As far as MVP .. no.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:56 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Ellis is making the all-star team FOR SURE this year. I'd bet my life on it [long as he's not hurt prior].

As far as MVP .. no.

west is so flippin stacked, that I actually have doubts on this.
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:38 pm
Well, he is not getting voted in, he is way behind in the polls...

That means the coaches would have to select him as 1 of the 3 guards they get to choose.
If Kobe and Paul get selected by fans, then you have D williams, and Westbrook as 2 who are most likely to be choosen by the coaches... so that leaves one spot.

Nash, Ellis, Kidd, Jason Terry, E. Gordon, Manu, Parker ... those are probably the candidates for the last spot.
Ellis definately has the numbers, it all depends on do the coaches feel that the warriors have won enough games by then. If we start getting some wins against quality teams he may get selected, otherwise my money is on Manu.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:54 pm
Mont a is playing great but it wold be nice for him to give it up n a 3/1 break every now and then. Hopefully Lee's elbow is almost 100% because he really helps out Monta when it comes to giving him a break every now and then in the scoring department.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:32 pm
If we get on a winning streak and can get above .500, Monta has a chance to make the all-star team. Whether he makes the team or not, he definitely gets respect around the league.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:41 pm
marcus thompson tweeted a little while back saying that andris is the only player from the warriors that is in the top 10 in their position in voting... so i doubt any of our players are gets voted in...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:00 pm
the hell? Ellis should be AT LEAST top 5 in SG for West
~LilBallerx~

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:13 pm
Yeah it sucks, but truth is unless the usual suspects (Kobe, CP3) get injured, Monta probably won't make it. Although this is not to say Monta doesn't deserve it, just that there is an imbalance of elite players per position in the NBA. Unless players like Duncan and Gasol get voted in at C there are worthy PFs missing the game too. The West is loaded with PFs and guards while the East is stronger in SFs and C's. It's unfortunate, but it's true. And although I love the guy and think he is sometimes criminally underrated (probably people fishing, but you should see how underrated he gets on other NBA message boards besides by GWS fans and knowledgeable BBall fans), I don't think I could choose Monta over a guy like Ginobli who has been very consistent and clutch this year for the best team in the NBA (and one of the better starts in NBA history). Hopefully some of the other guys ahead of Monta get rested, but if not, hopefully the snub just fuels his to go on an even bigger tear in the second half of the season.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:15 pm
Looks like Monta was voted as the Western Conference player of the week:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70796/20101227/ellis_lebron_named_nba_players_of_the_week/
Get Money. Get Paid.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball