Monta's good start

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:47 pm
JREED wrote:Like I said in another post, Eliis is shutting a lot of people up right now.

I don't think he's shutting anybody up. no1 said they'd trade him for peanuts. we'd want a star back. Carmelo? uh yeah, gotta do that trade easy.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:50 pm
you guys gotta remember the same thing happened last year. Ellis was on fire early on, everyone got back on the bandwagon, etc etc.
to me it really depends if he can stay team-orientated, how he will do when the pressure is on, can we get a star back in a trade?, and will the team keep winning? if we keep winning, all good. if not, see what's the most we can get for him.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:38 pm
He got injured in the last 2 mins of the damn game. And it seemed bad.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:42 pm
Pworld wrote:He got injured in the last 2 mins of the damn game. And it seemed bad.

Looked like tail bone, those hurt, and recovery is so-so, hope he heals soon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:16 pm
That was pure back tweakage 100% ... I'd rest him a couple weeks .. backs are nothing to joke around with. Don't want him ending up like T-Mac. He needs to be a little more cautious of how he's gonna land in the future
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 pm
steinmetz said monta didnt travel with team to new york :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:38 pm
rockyBeli wrote:you guys gotta remember the same thing happened last year. Ellis was on fire early on, everyone got back on the bandwagon, etc etc.
to me it really depends if he can stay team-orientated, how he will do when the pressure is on, can we get a star back in a trade?, and will the team keep winning? if we keep winning, all good. if not, see what's the most we can get for him.

So you think he's going to change after the way he has been playing is producing wins? Monta: "Yeah I know were winning and I'm leading the league in scoring, but I'd rather try to not include my team and do it all by myself and lose because I'm selfish and i don't care about anyone but myself." Interesting way of thinking. Sounds more like you want him to revert to his old ways so you can be right and tell all of us "We should of traded him while his trade value was high." One thing is for sure, Monta is the heart of the team and if we ain't winning it won't be on him. Trading him isn't the answer. Carmello is a star but doesn't seem as if winning is what ultimately drives him. With his trade clause, I'm almost positive we won't see him in the Bay. Nobody else is worth what Monta brings to this team. Were 5-2, enjoy it instead of asking yourself if what's happening is actually possible and questioning if Monta's early MVP caliber season is real.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:54 am
rockyBeli wrote:you guys gotta remember the same thing happened last year. Ellis was on fire early on, everyone got back on the bandwagon, etc etc.

Its all about the concept of team, individual efforts contribute to TEAM, the better individuals the better the team, key word individuals as plural. Any body that took last year serious should not have, it was a mess, all around chaos, you name the negatives and they were all there. But this season the Warriors actually built a team, every aspect is complete, well except defense but we will see when Udoh and Louis Amundson who I hope bully folks down low.

We are wining because Monta is playing well, drawing fouls, drawing defenses, teammates are more than capable this year, with roles with much more complete game set. Its a good feeling watching a team that matches up well with any team. Now we go in expected to compete with any team and come out victorious.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:47 pm
I am still confused about the Monta haters ... the guy is shooting 51% FG and leads the league in scoring ... why should he change his game (ok lay off the wretched 3s) but seriously. His job is to make baskets, we didn't pay him a nice contract for his passing, or rebounding or defense ... it is to make baskets on transition and his best in the game mid-range jumper (almost as good as Bosh, Frye or Amare ... sarcasm for those who think bigs should not be jumper shooters). Bottom line, we got Biedrins, BW, Lee and Monta all great FG% shooters ... D Wright who can hit an open jumper and two guards Reggie and Curry that can create their own shots, stick to good shots and the team should be competitive (of course we have to compete with 9 other great teams but that is life in the Western Conference). We got more glue players and less 1 on 5 volume shooters than in years past which makes a big difference for the team concept.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:25 pm
I think Monta should be banned from jump shots as it is just unfair to the league that he can score in so many ways. I mean seriously Monta you have to give the other team a chance to defend you.
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:12 pm
dareedle wrote:I am still confused about the Monta haters ... the guy is shooting 51% FG and leads the league in scoring ... why should he change his game (ok lay off the wretched 3s) but seriously. His job is to make baskets, we didn't pay him a nice contract for his passing, or rebounding or defense ... it is to make baskets on transition and his best in the game mid-range jumper (almost as good as Bosh, Frye or Amare ... sarcasm for those who think bigs should not be jumper shooters). Bottom line, we got Biedrins, BW, Lee and Monta all great FG% shooters ... D Wright who can hit an open jumper and two guards Reggie and Curry that can create their own shots, stick to good shots and the team should be competitive (of course we have to compete with 9 other great teams but that is life in the Western Conference). We got more glue players and less 1 on 5 volume shooters than in years past which makes a big difference for the team concept.

what's with you and the use of parentheses? just sayin....

anyway...the whole comment on paying monta for only scoring is a little naive... i don't think he's you're ben wallace, reggie evans, kyle korver, bruce bowen type of player where you acquire specifically just for 1 aspect of the game, not to mention other things that are off-court that are important as well i.e. leadership, professionalism, community work... bottom line, we're not paying monta just because he can score... he does other things really well and is a gifted athlete... that's why we paid him

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 pm
we owe our good start to juanika and jr

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... .php?sk=lf

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:09 pm
cellomac1212 wrote:

So you think he's going to change after the way he has been playing is producing wins? Monta: "Yeah I know were winning and I'm leading the league in scoring, but I'd rather try to not include my team and do it all by myself and lose because I'm selfish and i don't care about anyone but myself." Interesting way of thinking. Sounds more like you want him to revert to his old ways so you can be right and tell all of us "We should of traded him while his trade value was high." One thing is for sure, Monta is the heart of the team and if we ain't winning it won't be on him. Trading him isn't the answer. Carmello is a star but doesn't seem as if winning is what ultimately drives him. With his trade clause, I'm almost positive we won't see him in the Bay. Nobody else is worth what Monta brings to this team. Were 5-2, enjoy it instead of asking yourself if what's happening is actually possible and questioning if Monta's early MVP caliber season is real.

nah you're reading into it too much. i'd love to be 'wrong' and win than 'right' and lose. ...some players get hot. when Monta gets hot, he's among the best scorers in the league. but as we saw last year, when faced with adversity, he had a good share of sh**y nights where he became a black hole and would go like 5 - 18.

really don't think Monta is the 'heart of the team' ... Curry is imo...the guy that drives the team. Ellis is an important piece, but I don't think he's done enough over the years to be crowned "the" team, someone who should be a "franchise player." you can call it Monta-hating but I'm not hatin' on Monta I'm just saying he's not someone I'd build a team around. it's like building a team around Iverson. I never hear "monta-haters" saying trade him for a bag of cheetos. it's always for someone who is at his talent level or above it. Monta would get back the best value so that's why he'd be on my 'conditional' trading block. so when a guy like Melo is available, well see ya Monta...

"but he scores a lot of points" ...like a Devin Harris or a Kevin Martin did. they were like top 5 in pts I believe a year or so back. even though right now he leads the league in pts, can Ellis ever be that guy that you can see in the same sentence as a Kobe, Lebron, Durant, P. Pierce, KG, Tim Duncan, Wade, Shaq, ? to be fair, those guys are future HOFers. I would compare Monta along the cusp of being the leader of the 2nd tier players like Rudy Gay, Kevin Martin, etc. For the truly elite players, there is just that "it" factor with them. not only do they have amazing talent, but they have killer-instinct, ultra competitiveness, domination, and usually decent bball IQ (Monta can be the dumbest on the court sometimes...how many times in his career has he taken the stupid shot, dumb foul at the end of the game, lost his man on D, etc).

but like I said, if we keep winning & he stays team-orientated, all freakin good. I'm loving this team as-is w/team-ball and winning ...and Monta buying into it. if or when Monta steps up and is able to carry the team to victory (not to scoring the most pts) during adversity, is when he'll deserve the 'untradeable' tag in my opinion. I'll crown him then, not 10 games into the season.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:52 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... iors101510

another good read on monta...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:55 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qJcvOQmuXY
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball