Monta's good start

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:22 pm
8th ave wrote:
bigdaddyfunk wrote:Montas getting better, why trade him? His PPG and APG are at highs, and his 3 point shooting is getting better too. He's also becoming clutch, remember that 3 he hit vs the Lakers to take the lead 89-88?

he could be at career highs in each statistical category and it still wont matter, because the number in the losing column outweighs the number in the win columns.... wins -- its the only stat that matters....

I agree that the win column is the most important. So does Ellis and he is playing like a leader on the team... none of the guys we have talked about trading him for are leaders. He is doing much more then put up numbers. And we shouldn't trade him just because he is our most valuable asset, i would go the other way, keep im and trade two average pieces for a single more above average pieces to pair with the already spetacular monta ellis.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:45 pm
we need role players
~LilBallerx~

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:58 pm
I think we have some, but either Smart doesn't know how to use them yet or he is just not a good coach. The lack of PT for some of our guys on the bench in the Laker game and others was inexplicable...

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 pm
This man deserves to be an allstar this year no doubting,

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/18/russ ... -heats-up/

With the Lakers' Kobe Bryant and New Orleans' Chris Paul all but certain to be the starting guards, that leaves Westbrook battling San Antonio's Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, Utah's Deron Williams, Phoenix's Steve Nash and Golden State's Monta Ellis for perhaps three more guard spots. Nash and Ellis are hurt by being on losing teams, but the Spurs pair is greatly aided by San Antonio having the NBA's best record at 35-6.

Ok forget Nash getting the nod, as well as Parker over Ellis, no way. I see Westbrook, Manu, and Deron Williams, but Monta deserves to get in as reserve as something.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:41 am
warriorsstepup wrote:This man deserves to be an allstar this year no doubting,

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/18/russ ... -heats-up/

With the Lakers' Kobe Bryant and New Orleans' Chris Paul all but certain to be the starting guards, that leaves Westbrook battling San Antonio's Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, Utah's Deron Williams, Phoenix's Steve Nash and Golden State's Monta Ellis for perhaps three more guard spots. Nash and Ellis are hurt by being on losing teams, but the Spurs pair is greatly aided by San Antonio having the NBA's best record at 35-6.

Ok forget Nash getting the nod, as well as Parker over Ellis, no way. I see Westbrook, Manu, and Deron Williams, but Monta deserves to get in as reserve as something.

That's tough competition for Monta to be picked ahead of, real great and popular players. I don't think Monta will get allstar, but the coaches could pick him

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:45 pm
i totally understand if manu and deron gets in before monta -- they have winning records... however, if we manage a .500+ record by all-star break and monta still doesn't get the nod from coaches, monta would suffer a terrible injustice... lemme rephrase, if we have a winning record and monta STILL doesnt get into the all-star game, IM GONNA KILL SOMEBODY
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:36 pm
Need to keep an eye on that injury, another game winner, 4 in a row, 10 out of 14, just hope he is not hurt too bad.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball