What a difference David Lee makes!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:54 am
I have been so impressed with David Lee, and what his presence has meant to this team with his rebounding! Also, I will not foget that he is a threat to score in the paint as well!!! I really believe that his presence which has made our Dubs a good rebounding team (who would have thought) is the reason why we are beating the teams we need to beat soundly! Obviously Nelson not being there,along with the other great players that we have like Monta, and one of my new favorites Dorell Wright have been tearing it up too! This team still clearly is not ready to face teams like the Lakers although we were without or all world PG Curry so the game against them would probably have been more competitive. I really like all of the extra possesions that Lee has helped our team to get and more chances for Monta, and wright and the rest of the guys to put up more points!!! I am really excited if you can't tell!!!
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:56 pm
you gotta realize, he's not at 100% yet...when he gets there...oh man
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:33 pm
He is certainly a big part of this team's clear improvement. And, when all the new guys, the hold-overs, the coaches all really mesh he should get even better. We haven't seen the pick and roll yet, or a real relationship with Curry, one that will surely come. And, his outside shot has sucked pretty much, so there is an expected improvement there.

Barring injury, this could get good.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:29 pm
carlgo wrote:He is certainly a big part of this team's clear improvement. And, when all the new guys, the hold-overs, the coaches all really mesh he should get even better. We haven't seen the pick and roll yet, or a real relationship with Curry, one that will surely come. And, his outside shot has sucked pretty much, so there is an expected improvement there.

Barring injury, this could get good.

Yeah for sure man, and guess who found their outside shot again... Mr Monta Ellis

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:49 am
You know, I've watched Lee for years and I am shocked to see him miss so many attempts so far this seaon. He doesn't seem to be as sure of himself. Oh well new environment and people.

You are so right wait till he becomes comfortable.. anyhow it sure is nice to see the Warriors beating tams in the paint.

Keep it going and good luck,

vince

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:49 am
I keep getting surprised how well they're rebounding.I hate to get my hopes up,but this team is playing well.Lee and D Wright have added some quality length to this team.Riley,considering who was available to him,has done a great job.Maybe he even knew what he was doing with Udoh.I wish he and Amundson weren't injured so we could see what they add.
I really like how Smart got in their faces when Utah went on a run.He seems to be figuring out a way to rest the starters as well.
Time to hit the road.It looks to me like the East has gotten better this year. Even the Nets look good.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:05 am
D Luva wrote:I keep getting surprised how well they're rebounding.I hate to get my hopes up,but this team is playing well.Lee and D Wright have added some quality length to this team.Riley,considering who was available to him,has done a great job.Maybe he even knew what he was doing with Udoh.I wish he and Amundson weren't injured so we could see what they add.
I really like how Smart got in their faces when Utah went on a run.He seems to be figuring out a way to rest the starters as well.
Time to hit the road.It looks to me like the East has gotten better this year. Even the Nets look good.

So Tim Kawakami actually wrote a good article on how he thinks the Warriors style will translate on the road. Pretty good article.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... vels-well/

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:54 pm
He needs to be a better reciever...way too lackadaisical getting passes. JSeveral times so far early in the Knicks game he's done very little to secure passes.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:56 pm
There are lots of reason to hate on Nellie (the terrible line ups, the forgettable half court offense sets, and the worst defense in the league). With similar pieces, set lineups (seriously has Smart changed the lineup without injury being the only reason ... no!). We are actually middle of the road in defense in points allowed, and about a top5 in offense (sure down from our usual perch at the top). Rebounding means less second chance shots (which usually go in), it means higher field goal percentage from transition offense, and in a perfect world we can recreate the Sophmore game magic of a Lee -Ellis combination like the 2007 frosh-soph all-star game.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:54 pm
D Luva wrote:I keep getting surprised how well they're rebounding.I hate to get my hopes up,but this team is playing well.Lee and D Wright have added some quality length to this team.Riley,considering who was available to him,has done a great job.Maybe he even knew what he was doing with Udoh.I wish he and Amundson weren't injured so we could see what they add.

i suspect that when louis and udoh come back that vlad rads minutes will disappear instantly
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:29 am
8th ave wrote:

i suspect that when louis and udoh come back that vlad rads minutes will disappear instantly

One can only hope.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:54 pm
I think tonights game vs. the Bulls is proving what a difference D. Lee makes; my god...
This season is not a flop.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:14 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:I think tonights game vs. the Bulls is proving what a difference D. Lee makes; my god...

+1
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Lee is out 2 week with an infectious elbow... dam........
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:30 pm
8th ave wrote:Lee is out 2 week with an infectious elbow... dam........

I thought he said that he hoped he would be ready for the game against Millwaukee this Saturday.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball