Jeremy LIN

21%
PINE? (NBA)
79%
PLAY? (NBDL)

Total votes: 14

Franchise Player
» Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:23 am
what do you think we should do with this kid? there's not going to be a ton of minutes for him with a Ellis/Curry backcourt!

he got a playoff atmospheric reception when he checked in 2 minutes to go against the Clippers? (think Justin Bieber turning up to a Catholic High school assembly)

It's obvious that he is apart of this organizations plans... But i think he should get some minutes logged down at the NBDL!

Any other point guard, i'd be keen to keep and learn from Monta and Stephen Curry, but the position is so important and reminds me of the rookie quarterback who doesn't get any reps til year 2.

The only reason i bring this up is cause he played for a IVY LEAGUE school in Harvard and there division ain't realy exposed to any super good teams. I think it be more beneficial if he got some groove in the NBDL which is the 2nd best league on the planet... and when he's ready we can call him up.

Rookie
» Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:44 am
There's little space for him. Hard to say really. I'd put him in D-League for a time just for some development/see how he goes and go from there

Starting Lineup
» Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 pm
If the Warriors are in playoff contention Lin should get the garbage minutes and ride the pine. Reggie Williams is the better fit at the "rest the guard" spot off the bench ... and we only need an 8 man rotation (BW, Carney/Vlade, Reggie) with the team healthyish. Jeremy Lin doesn't create off the dribble like Williams, and there is just a huge difference from CJ Watson to Reggie Williams (Watson being a shooter and Reggie creating pressure on the break/ half court offense). Another reason is the lack of the hand check ... a guy who can create his own shot like Reggie is more valuable than Lin at his stage of development because they can get any shot at the rim against non-shot blockers bigs (gee Blake Griffith , Kaman, Scola, Brad Miller, Chuck Hayes).

All Star
» Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:36 am
I do not know much about Lin's game but the fan fare he has recieved in the bay is massive, I like the Justin Bieber comparison.

To his defense Lin played an excellent summer league with the highlight game against the top overall pick John Wall in which he was the star of the game. After summer league Dallas was about to sign him other teams also showed interest including the Lakers, but the warriors owner reached and signed Lin which made more sense for Lin due to all the connection to the bayarea.

He led public school Palo Alto to state championship, majority of the time the private schools do the damage when it comes to athletics. Not sure which owner it was but their son also played on a basketball team with Lin so there is somewhat personal connection.

As far as playing time Lin will have to earn it, am not sure where his game is right now, whether he can run the team while Monta and Curry take breaks but the opportuntiy that seemed to be there is actually taken by Reggie Williams and Bell is vet. The fanfare for Lin was great and alot people might be dissapointed he is not playing but he made the team and should earn the playing time, good luck to him. Oh if the send Lin to the Dleague some fans might revolt lol.

Rookie
» Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:13 pm
Big time Lin supporter because as a fellow Harvard alum I cannot imagine the odds of a Harvard NBA pro making it let alone Harvard asian NBA pro. Nevertheless, he is IMO a bigger JJ Barea, someone who wants it and will do anything to succeed. Very high IQ player and while not the best elite athlete, he can def hold up his own. Having seen Bell played, there is no doubt that Lin should be ahead of Bell. I like to see a 9-10 man rotation even when healthy. Simply because you need your stars fresh to finish games. With Currys ankle, I expect Reggie Williams to be the back up guard, and so either Bell or Lin will get 5-10 minutes tonight vs Lakers.

Send Lin to D league so he can get some confidence, but honestly no way Bell is ahead of Lin.

Role Player
» Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 pm
D-League or cut him. **** don't matter to him. I hate how the fans cheered their heads off like he's michael jordan coming back just to play for the Warriors. :? Let's get Rafer Alston as our backup.

All Star
» Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:58 pm
CJ Watson was really good....yeah get skip to my lou in oaktown

Franchise Player
» Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:39 am
DleagueDelight wrote:

Send Lin to D league so he can get some confidence, but honestly no way Bell is ahead of Lin.

id say right at this point of time. Bell is the better basketball player! his been around the league a little longer. I've always been an advocate of the 5 best possible players out there where possible, so unless it's garbage time in a blowout win/loss then I'd be upset seeing Lin over Bell.

Lin would have more upside i'd say... his young, was undrafted, yet a bunch of teams were chasing his signature.
Lin must really want to be here as well. turning down a offer to play for Dallas to chose golden state knowning how crowded our backcourt is.

Point guard is so similar to Quarter back... if he's not headed to the D-League then has anyone noticed how Lin sits next to coach Silas (that right there is a strong indication that he is in the warriors plan and getting the tutelage on the fly)

He

Rookie
» Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:07 am
Let me rephrase...

I think Lin offers you more defensively and from an energy standpoint than Bell. You are absolutely correct in that Bell is more experience and therefore more comfortable. You can see Lin is more tentative on offense but defensively and as an energy guy off the bench IMO you get more with Lin. I think the offense will get there with seeing the game more and adjusting to the game speed. Just recapping his preseason, he deferred more to passing than shooting. I don't mind a PG that comes in off the bench and try to get the ball around to others so they can get involved.

Right now, Bell is ahead in offense but I think you can get more with D on Lin in addition to energy and quickness. Regardless, D-League IMO would help so send his *ss there

Franchise Player
» Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 am
DleagueDelight wrote:Let me rephrase...

I think Lin offers you more defensively and from an energy standpoint than Bell. You are absolutely correct in that Bell is more experience and therefore more comfortable. You can see Lin is more tentative on offense but defensively and as an energy guy off the bench IMO you get more with Lin. I think the offense will get there with seeing the game more and adjusting to the game speed. Just recapping his preseason, he deferred more to passing than shooting. I don't mind a PG that comes in off the bench and try to get the ball around to others so they can get involved.

Right now, Bell is ahead in offense but I think you can get more with D on Lin in addition to energy and quickness. Regardless, D-League IMO would help so send his *ss there

yeah i saw the 4 steals he had against the Lakers!!!

Something this team has been lacking as of late has been defense, Coach Smart was the guy to fix Nellieball defensive woes, so perhaps Lin sticks around as a energy guy who can play D!

Only time will tell with what we do with Lin.

Rookie
» Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:22 pm
I say PLAY. He played really well in the Laker game. He just needs to stop pulling a Biedrins and not get into foul trouble. Otherwise, pretty solid. Pestering defense, annoying Fisher, he was awesome! =D

Rookie
» Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:47 pm
KingJames1223 wrote:I say PLAY. He played really well in the Laker game. He just needs to stop pulling a Biedrins and not get into foul trouble. Otherwise, pretty solid. Pestering defense, annoying Fisher, he was awesome! =D

I think foul trouble is expected for a young player who is annoying as *ell on defense. Its just that if they are smart fouls or not. Being aggressive defensively and picking up fouls isn't always bad because it teaches to have that tenacity. Over time you will learn to adjust to what you can and can't do in the NBA. Don't get me wrong while I am a big fan, I still think a little seasoning would go a long way which is why I think D League is more appropriate.

All Star
» Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:28 pm
DleagueDelight wrote:
KingJames1223 wrote:I say PLAY. He played really well in the Laker game. He just needs to stop pulling a Biedrins and not get into foul trouble. Otherwise, pretty solid. Pestering defense, annoying Fisher, he was awesome! =D

I think foul trouble is expected for a young player who is annoying as *ell on defense. Its just that if they are smart fouls or not. Being aggressive defensively and picking up fouls isn't always bad because it teaches to have that tenacity. Over time you will learn to adjust to what you can and can't do in the NBA. Don't get me wrong while I am a big fan, I still think a little seasoning would go a long way which is why I think D League is more appropriate.

I agree with KingJames1223, play him! He gave us a good what 14 minutes... and that is all there should be behind curry. Who cares if he gets into fould trouble if they are good fouls. Why send him to the D league if he can learn from the best here! His fouls were mainly becasue he was agressive, and some of them I think weren't even fouls, ref just siding with the vet. I liked the energy and hustle he showed, just needs to calm down, get some confidence and experience... what better place then behind curry.

I agree that if he isn't getting consistent minutes each game... send him to the DLeague then.

Role Player
» Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:45 pm
Jeremy's quick fouls were the result of his eagerness to play defense. Sure he received 5 fouls in 16 minutes of play, but he also got 4 steals to go with 3 assists and no turnovers. You can't punish a guy for wanting to be pesky on D. He looked to pass and looked almost scared to shoot, but lets not forget this kid is an undrafted rookie who is probably still a little awestruck. The Warriors really don't have many options at the back up point guard. I wouldn't mind seeing Lin get 20 minutes a game to give Curry his breaks. I think he'll be fine as the season goes on.

Rookie
» Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:25 pm
I don't think he is afraid to shoot but instead just doesn't know his role on offense. One thin we all should be reminded is that, that was Lin's first extensive playing time. I like to see how he plays as the season progress. One thing to pick up fouls it's another to pick up fouls on the same plays and not learning from your mistakes. I do believe you can play aggressive and be out of foul trouble.