The Season Is Here

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:38 am
So now we get to finally see what this team can do, and frankly, I don't think its going to be too much. My expectations are low for this team and I don't expect much more than 35-38 wins. All this hinges on how they play as a team and if Monta plans to take 30 shots a game, then that doesn't bode well for Curry and Lee, who need to be part of this team. I know its only a preseason game, but Monta did take 30 shots in the last game and I know some people are ecstatic that he scored 41 points...but they lost. Yes, Monta played 53 minutes. What scares me is that David Lee played 46 minutes and guess how many shots he got that game. Nine. Thats right. He got 9 shots and made 6 of them. If that is the trend throughout the season, then its not going to be pretty. I still think this team is better without Monta because Curry plays better and really gets others involved.

Can they play good enough defense to win games? Curry, Monta, Lee and Biedrins aren't exactly good defenders. Dorell Wright is a solid defender but this team as a whole needs to play defense. Not gambling on steals, not getting them so they sprint down the court for a cherry pick (Ellis). Not trying to take charges and getting called for fouls, when you're 6'11 and should be contesting shots (Biedrins).

The Warriors did improve in one category and thats rebounding.

My final prediction: This team goes 36 - 46 and end up 10th in the West.

Tonight's Prediction against the Rockets: Houston: 108 Warriors: 95

Rookie
» Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:45 am
Heres my prediction: Warriors 102, Houston 96

Role Player
» Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:25 pm
Warriors 130
Rockets 125
In double OT.

All Star
» Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:32 am
the warriors will be defensive, yeah, right, tell your grandma :mrgreen:

nothing new, starters playing unlimited minutes, no defense, but i understand, this was the first game, at home, new look and so on, it was a must win, so coach smart did what don nelson would have done.
i wonder, when the hardcore criticism will arrive :mrgreen: