Curry

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:14 pm
I love the kid as he is still improving and great work ethic but so far this preseason he has had a lot of turnovers. Im just a little confused.

Role Player
» Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:29 pm
Don't be confused. It's just pre-season.

All Star
» Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm
yeah, last preseason he was worse lol

Founder
» Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:51 am
I think he's having a hard time adjusting to the new offense. Like they said above, he wasn't very good in preseason last year either so I'm not too concerned, but I'd like to see the turnovers drop.

All Star
» Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:29 am
We should all know by now he is a smart kid and he will adjust. David Lee was 1-11 against the suns, its just preseason.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 pm
Right now it looks like Brandon Wright is the franchise, seriously we need, need a low post player. I still think we missed on a true point guard in Brandon Jennings that led an awful team to the playoffs. Curry is a shooter, a great NBA pro, but the best point guard in the league he is not. He is not a bad player, just a completely overhyped guard playing a position that is not his natural spot with or without coaching and playbook changes. The biggest concern is the lack of legit PGs on our roster means we will live and die with jump shots. On a team with an ok point guard like Aaron Brooks in Houston (I would guess BW and Biedrins would get a lot more open looks) than the streaky and so far forgettable DWright. Curry will be ok during the season and had monster numbers at the end of last season, but our team needs to feed our poor man version's of Shaq and Gasoft (Biedrins and BW) if we want to compete against better teams. As for DWright (his bricks so far has hurt our assists total) he needs to approach Bruce Bowen numbers of .400 shooting from 3's and the field. In the last four games he has gone around 4-13 and his only decent fg% was 3-6 against Portland. Our current offensive philosophy really helps our opponents defense. (Pack the paint and let D-Wright,Ellis and company shoot jumpers). Having a low post presence would actually open the shooters as would a player like Jennings that excels at dribble penetration.

All Star
» Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:04 pm
dareedle wrote:Right now it looks like Brandon Wright is the franchise, seriously we need, need a low post player. I still think we missed on a true point guard in Brandon Jennings that led an awful team to the playoffs. Curry is a shooter, a great NBA pro, but the best point guard in the league he is not. He is not a bad player, just a completely overhyped guard playing a position that is not his natural spot with or without coaching and playbook changes. The biggest concern is the lack of legit PGs on our roster means we will live and die with jump shots. On a team with an ok point guard like Aaron Brooks in Houston (I would guess BW and Biedrins would get a lot more open looks) than the streaky and so far forgettable DWright. Curry will be ok during the season and had monster numbers at the end of last season, but our team needs to feed our poor man version's of Shaq and Gasoft (Biedrins and BW) if we want to compete against better teams. As for DWright (his bricks so far has hurt our assists total) he needs to approach Bruce Bowen numbers of .400 shooting from 3's and the field. In the last four games he has gone around 4-13 and his only decent fg% was 3-6 against Portland. Our current offensive philosophy really helps our opponents defense. (Pack the paint and let D-Wright,Ellis and company shoot jumpers). Having a low post presence would actually open the shooters as would a player like Jennings that excels at dribble penetration.

Perfect example of why there should be both a positive and a negative button in the new rating system!

All Star
» Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Starting Lineup
» Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:12 pm
Nothing says tweener like 7-18 shooting, 0-5 for three, 2 assists, 5 turnovers ...compared to the very pedestrian 4-11 7 assists 4 to for Jennings last game. At least we will only see this tandem for this year only. It must be the uniform because those numbers look a lot like Fisher in a Warrior's uniform.

Founder
» Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:52 pm
Curry sprained his ankle tonight. Supposedly day-to-day, but it looked worse than that.

All Star
» Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:31 am
hobbes wrote:Curry sprained his ankle tonight. Supposedly day-to-day, but it looked worse than that.

Couldn't see it on the reply, but it appears he walked off the court in the highlights. Hopefully he will be back for game 1, but he may be out 1 or two weeks max.

Rookie
» Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:37 am
you def will see back ups playing big minutes tonight. A lot of Bell, Lin and WIlliams

All Star
» Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:07 am
TIME FOR LIN 50 POINT EXPLOSIONNNN

Starting Lineup
» Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:01 am
Reggie did a great job filling for Curry ... maybe we should split the minutes (Ellis, Curry, Williams for the back court) instead of playing Ellis 42+ minutes per game.

Rookie
» Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:55 am
We need another PG.Lin may take awhile to before he's ready.He seems very tentative,and not ready to give us productive minutes.Maybe some patience is in order.I guess I just wanna win right now.