I think Ellis wants to be a Warrior for life.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:53 pm
Dude got the logo tatted on his back :D

» Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:16 am
Nice one, from Monta. Maybe some of those guys that wish him traded for pretty much anything would start to appreciate him a bit more.

All Star
» Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:40 am
bridge could have some sort of other meaning though ... like him finding his faith .. who knows ..

Role Player
» Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:58 am
The Bay Area isn't the only place to have a suspension bridge. Monta's bridge looks more like South Carolina's Ravenal Bridge than it does the Golden Gate. There is also one that crosses the Mississippi River.

Rookie
» Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:45 am
Yeah Bayareahoopz...that suspension bridge he got a tat of is from Mississippi, definitely not the dubz new logo.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:18 pm
Dude thats pretty close to the new logo. Pretty sure its GSW. Nice ink...

All Star
» Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:47 pm
he said himself that he has a tat of the warriors new logo...lol

Role Player
» Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:16 pm
Yeah^ it's the new logo you negative trade Monta type fucks

Role Player
» Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 am
I really hope monta averages 30 5 5 on 50% FG and shuts up the haters. monta forever

Role Player
» Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:21 am
Cosign. I honestly think Monta's in for a much bigger year than Curry (partially due to Curry now being an established threat. I've heard analysts say that Monta Ellis can already do things very few others in the game can (and I don't mean just present). If he focuses and can put it all together he can be great. That means taking on a leadership role in which he knows when to defer and when to take over. If he gets more rest, lets Curry run the team and focuses on picking his spots on offense and defense, Monta will have all the haters loving him again like in 07-08. This backcourts combination of speed and shooting will have defenses on their heels all game. And now we finally have a legit big man to dump it off to when our guards break down the defense.

All Star
» Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:03 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Cosign. I honestly think Monta's in for a much bigger year than Curry (partially due to Curry now being an established threat. I've heard analysts say that Monta Ellis can already do things very few others in the game can (and I don't mean just present). If he focuses and can put it all together he can be great. That means taking on a leadership role in which he knows when to defer and when to take over. If he gets more rest, lets Curry run the team and focuses on picking his spots on offense and defense, Monta will have all the haters loving him again like in 07-08. This backcourts combination of speed and shooting will have defenses on their heels all game. And now we finally have a legit big man to dump it off to when our guards break down the defense.

Never was really a Monta hater .. just frustrated by how he performed last year. Instead of his timely mid range jumpers, he resorted to offense-stalling chucking. Baron Davis like. Like you said, if he could remember how to pick his spots, everyone will be back in his corner this year.

But Monta is definitely not in for a much bigger year than Curry. Monta is what he is. Curry is trying to cement himself into the top 5 PG

Role Player
» Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:06 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Cosign. I honestly think Monta's in for a much bigger year than Curry (partially due to Curry now being an established threat. I've heard analysts say that Monta Ellis can already do things very few others in the game can (and I don't mean just present). If he focuses and can put it all together he can be great. That means taking on a leadership role in which he knows when to defer and when to take over. If he gets more rest, lets Curry run the team and focuses on picking his spots on offense and defense, Monta will have all the haters loving him again like in 07-08. This backcourts combination of speed and shooting will have defenses on their heels all game. And now we finally have a legit big man to dump it off to when our guards break down the defense.

Never was really a Monta hater .. just frustrated by how he performed last year. Instead of his timely mid range jumpers, he resorted to offense-stalling chucking. Baron Davis like. Like you said, if he could remember how to pick his spots, everyone will be back in his corner this year.

But Monta is definitely not in for a much bigger year than Curry. Monta is what he is. Curry is trying to cement himself into the top 5 PG

I agree totally and wasn't calling you a Monta hater, as I'm aware you know basketball. But the last 3 years, Nelson and his system made one player after another a scapegoat. First Baron, then Jackson, then Monta. He rode these guys into the ground while making them think they could and should shoot any available shot. I think Monta will be in for his best year yet if he lets Curry run the offense and set him up. I also think his ball handling and passing should improve a bit, cutting down on turnovers.

As far as Monta being in for a bigger year then C urry, let me explain. I think Curry will be good this year and hopefully a top 5 PG in the future, but I can see him having a bit of a sophomore slump for parts of this season. He has already started with high turnovers in the preseason. I think Curry is the most important part to this team and will be the engine that drives us. However, I do think it's more likely that Monta puts up higher scoring stats and earns an all-star bid. If Monta becomes a bit more efficient while keeping his scoring numbers up and turnovers down, I think he makes an all-star team and becomes our go-to guy when we need a basket, or our finisher who uses his speed to close out games for us in the 4th quarter when the other team is tired. But No doubt Curry, is the most important part of this team. I think it's still another year before he becomes a top 5 PG. But that is more do to the fact that there are a lot of good PGs in the NBA and most players struggle in their sophomore season

Rookie
» Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:13 pm
If the other warriors can find the right spots as Monta toasts his defender,and if he passes when the D collapses he's a very valuable player.Add to that the good D he's been playing and he's definitely allstar material.Losing one's ego helps one see things more accurately.He seems to have done that some.I hope they can keep his minutes down cause that's how he'll be most effective at both ends.I'd say no more than 35 mpg.

All Star
» Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:30 pm
I tottally agree with you guys that Monta should be an all-star this year. Last year he had the numbers, this year he can have the numbers and the attitude, and the D. If we can win some games before the all star break he should be in.

We need to make sure we vote for him though, as I get the impression David Stern doesn't care for him.... and not sure the coaches would vote him in.

That said, some of the highlights from the preseason are pretty sick! We should have someone on here collect highlights and make a highlight reel at the end of the year! Anyone?

Starting Lineup
» Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:03 pm
self-proclaimed Monta-hater here :) . for me it's always been a measurement of who Monta is in relation to the team. if he is kept in check and knows his place, then he can be an asset. but ever since Baron left, he became majorly disillusioned that he was 'the man' 'cause he got a couple tats and the disillusioned fans were all on his jock as the "next big thing," (which helped hyped him up for his 5yr contract). I never bought it for a second because AT BEST his potential is Allen Iverson. Iverson was a great player but not always the best recipe for success due to his size and ballhogging nature.

I'll maintain that if Monta is the franchise player, that franchise ain't goin anywhere. Ellis had his best performances when he was the 3rd scoring option behind Baron and SJax. this year's better balance of Curry & Lee should help Monta's game to not feel the pressure to do it all himself. cuz frankly, the ball being in his hands w/the pressure to do it all, is not the best option if you wanna win. he hasn't shown to have the mental fortitude, decision making, and leadership to be the man. even a superstar like Carmello Anthony needed Billups to bring that team to next level. I don't think anyone would argue that Ellis is on Melo's level. Ellis could be the best scoring option on the W's, but he is not the best PLAYER / BALLER, and that's an essential distinction.

I do think he is a good (albeit overrated) player and will be a key asset this year with the team's improved balance - Curry's range, Lee's post option, etc...Ellis getting to the hole will be a nice component. I hope he proves me wrong if it means Warrior success. it'd be a mistake to trade Ellis for peanuts like so many prior Warrior trades, but I'd trade that dude for someone on Iguadala's talent level in a freakin' flash.