Why Udoh was a good pick

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:23 pm
migya wrote:
The Coooach wrote:AR never did anything worth mentioning here. He did no more than BW. He has done absolutely nothing for New York. Whoever selected him in our fantasy league is still kicking themselves. AR has been all potential. However, like BW, he is still very young and still very tall. Guys like that will always find a team to take them. So no Mig, i think BW will always hang around the league if for no other reason is that he is tall (oh yeah, that was on the other topic :mrgreen: ).



AR was very good in the limited minutes he got last season and even the season before. The numbers say it all. My point was what he did when he was here


the numbers don't tell you that his mid-range was non existant... they also don't tell you how emotionally unstable he was...the numbers do however tell you how much turnovers he had... there's a reason why didnt/doesn't play much under nelson and dantoni...


he's a bust... nuff said
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:46 am
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:
The Coooach wrote:AR never did anything worth mentioning here. He did no more than BW. He has done absolutely nothing for New York. Whoever selected him in our fantasy league is still kicking themselves. AR has been all potential. However, like BW, he is still very young and still very tall. Guys like that will always find a team to take them. So no Mig, i think BW will always hang around the league if for no other reason is that he is tall (oh yeah, that was on the other topic :mrgreen: ).



AR was very good in the limited minutes he got last season and even the season before. The numbers say it all. My point was what he did when he was here


the numbers don't tell you that his mid-range was non existant... they also don't tell you how emotionally unstable he was...the numbers do however tell you how much turnovers he had... there's a reason why didnt/doesn't play much under nelson and dantoni...


he's a bust... nuff said



I don't agree, but that's just opinions. I think AR was doing well when he was given a slight chance here and it was just a slight chance. His shotblocking and rebounding was so valuable, especially the shotblocking. Guys that long and athletic, with defensive potential and ability like he has, are hard to get. For the little money he was on, which I think was not much salary, at least to call a burdon, he was and is worth it.

I think offer the Knicks a future 2nd rounder for him, since they look like really not seeing him as worth much right now.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:44 am
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:
The Coooach wrote:AR never did anything worth mentioning here. He did no more than BW. He has done absolutely nothing for New York. Whoever selected him in our fantasy league is still kicking themselves. AR has been all potential. However, like BW, he is still very young and still very tall. Guys like that will always find a team to take them. So no Mig, i think BW will always hang around the league if for no other reason is that he is tall (oh yeah, that was on the other topic :mrgreen: ).



AR was very good in the limited minutes he got last season and even the season before. The numbers say it all. My point was what he did when he was here


the numbers don't tell you that his mid-range was non existant... they also don't tell you how emotionally unstable he was...the numbers do however tell you how much turnovers he had... there's a reason why didnt/doesn't play much under nelson and dantoni...


he's a bust... nuff said



I don't agree, but that's just opinions. I think AR was doing well when he was given a slight chance here and it was just a slight chance. His shotblocking and rebounding was so valuable, especially the shotblocking. Guys that long and athletic, with defensive potential and ability like he has, are hard to get. For the little money he was on, which I think was not much salary, at least to call a burdon, he was and is worth it.

I think offer the Knicks a future 2nd rounder for him, since they look like really not seeing him as worth much right now.


i think blocks is an overrated stat... blocks should be looked at as a last ditch effort to save the defense from letting the opponent score... sure, a block may save a bucket, but just because you block a shot doesn't mean you're guaranteed the ball back... when looking at blocks you should also look at how well the player protects the paint...players like randolph turiaf, milicic, thomas(tyrus), and wallace(gerald) all get their blocks, but that doesn't mean they're gonna stop anybody from driving to the basket...

also, rebounds are very important to the game,but they don't mean crap if you grab a board and bring it down the court and shoot a wild shot... they also dont mean anything if you grab it and dribble it off your foot while you bring it up... he did both often enough to get his ass glued to the bench...

i dunno... i had a lot of hope in him, but now i just think he sucks...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:11 am
he sucks, and he got more playing time under nelson than he will get anywhere anytime soon. great don knew how to hide deficiences (which is randolph's middle name) and utilize even the little advantages someone may have.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:51 am
I see Randolph as not a bust, but a "Baby Huey". He just doesn't know what to do with his God-given athletic body. It appears that he has received a lot of bad coaching or no coaching along the way to the NBA. He seems like a young Josh Smith who kept getting all the accolades because he can jump out of the gym and never really learned how to play the game of basketball.

I like Randolph. I wish him well. but some how, some where, some way, he's got to learn how to play.
Last edited by The Coooach on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:07 pm
The Coooach wrote:I see Randolph as not a bust, but a "Baby Huey". He just doesn't know what to do with his God-given athletic body. It appears that he has received a lot of bad coaching or no coaching along the way to the NBA. He seems like a young Josh Smith who kept getting all the accolades because he can jump out of the gym and never eally learned how to play the game of basketball.

I like Randolph. I wish him well. but some how, some where, some way, he's got to learn how to play.


+1
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:14 pm
My point is that he did quite well with the limited chances he got when he was here. I think the team's style and situation are better fitted to AR than the Knicks'
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:36 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
The Coooach wrote:I see Randolph as not a bust, but a "Baby Huey". He just doesn't know what to do with his God-given athletic body. It appears that he has received a lot of bad coaching or no coaching along the way to the NBA. He seems like a young Josh Smith who kept getting all the accolades because he can jump out of the gym and never eally learned how to play the game of basketball.

I like Randolph. I wish him well. but some how, some where, some way, he's got to learn how to play.


+1


+2
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest