Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:12 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
8th ave wrote:
LilBallerx30 wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Yesterday was the first time I got to see this guy play in a dubs uniform. I was pretty impressed. Although he wasn't flawless on defense, he did show good positional defense in the low post and after a block or 2 you could already see his defensive impact as he was changing shots and establishing some integrity in the paint. His defense will be much needed here with the lackluster post-defense of Biedrins and Lee.

I was more impressed with him on offense though. Maybe because I didn't expect much, but he showed a few post moves and besides a few miscues, showed good BBIQ within the offense. His hook to beat the buzzer last night was awesome. Hopefully he can improve a bit on the boards so we can start giving this guy some serious minutes.

The two consecutive blocks were amazing...
speaking of the game, felt good to hear real commentary instead of Bob and Fitz trying to cover up the Dub's mistakes...

I was at the game so I didn't get the chance to listen to the ESPN commentators. Did they make fun of us for the MVP chants we were giving Monta?

Haha, no, they didn't. They did say that was probably unrealistic, but that he should deserve some all-star consideration if we can put together some wins.

thanks.... I was at the game and when I heard the MVP chants I thought out loud and said, "omg, that is hella embarrassing." Although he's our best player, there's a small hand full of people that should be considered before him. I ain't gonna lie tho, I was chanting MVP too. LOL. It's hard not to chant it with all the energy in the air.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:19 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Yesterday was the first time I got to see this guy play in a dubs uniform. I was pretty impressed. Although he wasn't flawless on defense, he did show good positional defense in the low post and after a block or 2 you could already see his defensive impact as he was changing shots and establishing some integrity in the paint. His defense will be much needed here with the lackluster post-defense of Biedrins and Lee.

I was more impressed with him on offense though. Maybe because I didn't expect much, but he showed a few post moves and besides a few miscues, showed good BBIQ within the offense. His hook to beat the buzzer last night was awesome. Hopefully he can improve a bit on the boards so we can start giving this guy some serious minutes.

The two consecutive blocks were amazing...
speaking of the game, felt good to hear real commentary instead of Bob and Fitz trying to cover up the Dub's mistakes...

Haha I totally know what you mean. I live in LA so most Dubs games I catch are on ESPN, NBATV or streamed from ATDHE.NET. Whenever I stream games I always stream the feed that has the opposing teams' announcers unless of course they're worse than Fitz (Boston).

Udoh looks pretty good so far tonight also. He has been able to establish some credibility in the paint with his blocks and length, as well as played some great positional defense at times. Would like to see him grab some more defensive rebounds, but that is hard when you are trying to change shots the way Udoh has. (I guess Lee and the others need to box out better because our defensive boards have been atrocious)He also has shown he can make that baby hook and has a jumpshot too. There's been a few passes he's mishandled, but that should improve with more time and growing chemistry with our players.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:46 pm
Yeah, the only weakness I've seen so far are his hands, he's fumbled a few passes down low that would have been layups. Love the D and the shot blocking though. I think he'll be a regular part of the rotation going forward.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:32 pm
what a pleasant surprise overall... glad we made this pick

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:31 pm
Although we haven't got to see much of him, based on the assumption that Udoh should improve as he catches up to the speed of the NBA game and gets used to his new teammates, he may have actually been the best overall pick at #6. Most players picked behind him that posters on this board wanted over him (Monroe, Hayward, Aldrich) have been disappointments and hardly look like they belong in the NBA.

If he develops into the solid defensive anchor we need at center who also has some offensive game (already has shown more offensive skill than Andris), Udoh will be considered a steal in that terrible draft.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:07 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Although we haven't got to see much of him, based on the assumption that Udoh should improve as he catches up to the speed of the NBA game and gets used to his new teammates, he may have actually been the best overall pick at #6. Most players picked behind him that posters on this board wanted over him (Monroe, Hayward, Aldrich) have been disappointments and hardly look like they belong in the NBA.

If he develops into the solid defensive anchor we need at center who also has some offensive game (already has shown more offensive skill than Andris), Udoh will be considered a steal in that terrible draft.

outside of wall, this draft was pretty damn terrible...i'm glad that we didn't pick monroe... i've only seen him play once(against us) and it looked like he lacked overall basketball awareness and slow... i'm double glad that demarcus didn't fall to us or else we would've had another head case on our hands... the only other player that i could think of that was worth drafting is landry fields, but he didnt get picked until late 2nd or something

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:33 pm
Wes Johnson is quietly having a nice season
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:41 pm
forgot derrick favors too

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:16 pm
I think it's time for Udoh to start a game. Let's start him and see what we got. He appears to have very good hands. Right now, Amundson's hands are not very good because of his injury (I hope thats why) but normally, he has good hands too. I think Udoh has the physique to get a lot thicker. I would put him in the weight room and put him on protein shakes. He doesn't appear to be afraid (unlike Biedrins). He already is the best shot-blocker on the team and he shoots his free-throws better than any big man on the team. He offers more on offense than Biedrins,Amundson, or Gadzuric. I would like to see him at the start of a game and get into the flow so we can really see what we got.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:22 pm
The Coooach wrote:I think it's time for Udoh to start a game. Let's start him and see what we got. He appears to have very good hands. Right now, Amundson's hands are not very good because of his injury (I hope thats why) but normally, he has good hands too. I think Udoh has the physique to get a lot thicker. I would put him in the weight room and put him on protein shakes. He doesn't appear to be afraid (unlike Biedrins). He already is the best shot-blocker on the team and he shoots his free-throws better than any big man on the team. He offers more on offense than Biedrins,Amundson, or Gadzuric. I would like to see him at the start of a game and get into the flow so we can really see what we got.

I agree, at least until Biedrins can return to form.... if he ever can return to form. I like Biedrins, I think he is still young and will improve. But Udoh has potential and we need to play him now to develop it. I think while Biedrins is on the bench, Udoh should start. I agree with you there, let's see what he can do.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
The Coooach wrote:I think it's time for Udoh to start a game. Let's start him and see what we got. He appears to have very good hands. Right now, Amundson's hands are not very good because of his injury (I hope thats why) but normally, he has good hands too. I think Udoh has the physique to get a lot thicker. I would put him in the weight room and put him on protein shakes. He doesn't appear to be afraid (unlike Biedrins). He already is the best shot-blocker on the team and he shoots his free-throws better than any big man on the team. He offers more on offense than Biedrins,Amundson, or Gadzuric. I would like to see him at the start of a game and get into the flow so we can really see what we got.

I agree, at least until Biedrins can return to form.... if he ever can return to form. I like Biedrins, I think he is still young and will improve. But Udoh has potential and we need to play him now to develop it. I think while Biedrins is on the bench, Udoh should start. I agree with you there, let's see what he can do.

yup, we don't want another Randolph, do we?
-shudders-
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 am
LilBallerx30 wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:

-shudders-

You mean BW. AR was good in the limited court time he had here

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 am
migya wrote:
LilBallerx30 wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:

-shudders-

You mean BW. AR was good in the limited court time he had here

AR never did anything worth mentioning here. He did no more than BW. He has done absolutely nothing for New York. Whoever selected him in our fantasy league is still kicking themselves. AR has been all potential. However, like BW, he is still very young and still very tall. Guys like that will always find a team to take them. So no Mig, i think BW will always hang around the league if for no other reason is that he is tall (oh yeah, that was on the other topic :mrgreen: ).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 am
The Coooach wrote:AR never did anything worth mentioning here. He did no more than BW. He has done absolutely nothing for New York. Whoever selected him in our fantasy league is still kicking themselves. AR has been all potential. However, like BW, he is still very young and still very tall. Guys like that will always find a team to take them. So no Mig, i think BW will always hang around the league if for no other reason is that he is tall (oh yeah, that was on the other topic :mrgreen: ).

AR was very good in the limited minutes he got last season and even the season before. The numbers say it all. My point was what he did when he was here

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:19 am
migya wrote:
The Coooach wrote:AR never did anything worth mentioning here. He did no more than BW. He has done absolutely nothing for New York. Whoever selected him in our fantasy league is still kicking themselves. AR has been all potential. However, like BW, he is still very young and still very tall. Guys like that will always find a team to take them. So no Mig, i think BW will always hang around the league if for no other reason is that he is tall (oh yeah, that was on the other topic :mrgreen: ).

AR was very good in the limited minutes he got last season and even the season before. The numbers say it all. My point was what he did when he was here

Funny, I can't remember anything that he did other than get hurt.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball