Whose fault will it be this year ?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:14 pm
I don't know why some poeple write really nasty comments about this team?

I just don't get it? Were your expectations just really that high and now they have fallen short with one preseason loss?
Perhaps you expected them to go from 26 wins to a Western Conference playoff team? This doesn't happen unless you have a guy like Durant on your team.

Seriously you got to look at the overall picture. There are 15 teams in the western confrence, only 8 of them will make the playoffs.
Currently there are more then 8 teams in the western confrence that are really good. So you either have to expect that a lot of teams are going to just suddenly suck, or that we will magically be able to create a team that is playoff quality out of thin air. Sorry it doesn't work that way.

Get realistic. We were a good playoff contender team in 2007 and 2008. Then instead of keeping our core and adding pieces around the team we lost key pieces. I don't blame nelly. I don't blame the players. I put the blame on management, and the move that started the trend was trading key piece: Jason Richardson. I think if we didn't trade him, and instead added a big along with the team we had we would have been moving in the right direction. After that it was bad move after bad move... lost BD, let go of Harrington, Barnes, Pietrius etc, etc. Some of the pieces had to be moved, but that is all in the past.

If we take a look at the new regime (I consider this post Mullin), we have gotten rid of the owner, the coach and most of the pices that were keeping us moving in a downward spiral. We add positive people and a work hard mentality pieces: Lee, Amoundson, Udoh, Lin, etc. Are they the most talented? No, but "hustle beats talent, when talent fails to hustle" (some qoute I heard during the SL). We are moving in the right direction, and we are setting ourselves up for positive seasons ahead. If you look at the team that we have right now, yea it is not a playoff team, but we have flexibility and pieces to move that next season we can become better. That is the way you do it. You get 3 or 4 key core guys and you build around them using a combination of draft, mid-level exceptions, and lastly trade. Is curry the best PG out there right now? No, but he has got talent and is proving he can be a great PG. Is Lee the best PF? No, but he is a good one and can be a double double guy. Is ellis the best SG? No, but he is very good and he is definately a scorer and he is proving he cand defend. In my opinion those are our 3 key pieces that should not be traded anytime soon. The others need to prove themselves this season and then we can build from there.

So what can we expect, I saw about 10 more wins this season (36). If we fall much shorter then that then our season was probably a failure. Until then they have been making the moves to address our biggest weaknesses: defense and rebounding. So I don't think anyone on the team deserves negative comments 3 games into the preseason. They are moving in the right direction and we should keep our expectations and responses accordingly.

Sorry if I am preaching, just tired of hearing nagging and negativity. It is time to get excited to see what we can do as a team!

Hall of Famer
» Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:29 am
For starters, if Rowell is still there, he should be thrown immediately. Everyone from the previous ownership, anyone in significant positions that is, should go.

The coach always gets most of the blame and usually it is warranted, but the whole situation could have various factors. I do think the team just isn't a good defensive one at all and doesn't have the skills to be a good defensive one. That will be a big reason why the team will lose alot

Rookie
» Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:58 am
I blame all you!

Role Player
» Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:27 pm
This is still a Nellie type roster and the transition won't happen overnight although nearly half the roster is pretty much new. They'd still have to find away to move Monta Ellis if they really want to compete for a title in the near future. As long as Ellis is in there making $11M a year, then this is a "small ball" team.

All Star
» Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:41 pm
It will be my fault this year....bring on the criticism. I apologize in advance that my incredible hotness (or fatness if you ask Pawno) will distract all the players from succeeding...sorry Warriors fans...

I need to stop drinking...

All Star
» Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:26 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:It will be my fault this year....bring on the criticism. I apologize in advance that my incredible hotness (or fatness if you ask Pawno) will distract all the players from succeeding...sorry Warriors fans...

Pics to prove it [the hotness]

All Star
» Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:It will be my fault this year....bring on the criticism. I apologize in advance that my incredible hotness (or fatness if you ask Pawno) will distract all the players from succeeding...sorry Warriors fans...

I think my picture is still in the "show yourself" thread...I'm too tipsy to find it...good luck.

Franchise Player
» Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:28 am
Captain_Jack wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

I think my picture is still in the "show yourself" thread...I'm too tipsy to find it...good luck.

I'm pretty sure it was in the Niners thread...

I remember someone posting some pics of some dancing Niner fans... & i was like look at that rump shake.

I immediately had to apologize when Captain Jack stated that one of the fatties wasin fact her :-/

Starting Lineup
» Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:24 am
Actually I still blame the ping pong ball. We got Dunleavy instead of Yao .... Udoh instead of Cousins ... which means we will get to the playoffs once in the next 12 years. Championships teams have size, our lack of talent at the low post means we will be more of 10th seed compared to the Fakers (top 3 team) ... amazing how a Stern Gasoft trade made one team a three peat candidate and we wallowed in Nelly small ball and lottery picks. It is just not our team ... Kobe shot 24% in a crucial finals game and still won ... because of low post play of Gasoft, LO and Artest (streaky shooting) ... when we miss like we did at Arco's we don't have the low post scorer to make up for bad outside shooting. Our franchise is terrible because of Webber, Yao and Cousins .. franchise bigs that played elsewhere. Rowell decision to sabotage the team for a chance to land a franchise big just is not working.

Site Admin
» Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 am
Aaron Miles!!!
This MFer! With his damn Chucky Cheese-ass, sh*t-eatin grin!

Just trying to pick the most random player... Seriously, it will most likely be Ellis win or loose... again... The guy will put up 40 pts in a game where we get out rebounded 2-1 and owned defensively in the paint and everyone will blame Monta for disrupting the offense and being a ball hog. At the same time Curry will have a 3/25 night, get all the love and everyone will make excuses for him... Don't get me wrong, I love Curry, but there is already a major, undeniable bias amongst the fans when it comes to our backcourt.

But if you ask me it's either Aaron Miles or Captain_Jack or the hot dog vendor! :letitallout: