Latrell Sprewell
4%
Other (Specify)
12%

Total votes : 26

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:09 pm
I'm going with Chris Mullin. Not only was he an original Dream Team player, but he was an NBA all-star, a legendary gym rat who worked his ass off, he ended his career in Golden State (classy guy), and he's now working to turn our team around as our VP of Operations. He's a Warrior through and through, probably bleeding blue and yellow for the rest of his life (if not the newer navy and orange).

I also don't see Wilt Chamberlain as a Warrior, really. He played most of his career for Philly and Los Angeles... and I think a true Warrior played in the Bay.

<------ Best Warrior of All-Time
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:10 pm
Pretty much impossible to argue that. Mullin is the man and was a real basketball player. Other guys are good, but nothing like Mullin.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:21 pm
I can't believe im the only person who voted wilt chamberlain
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:22 pm
Well, I think it's because not a lot of Bay Area purists regard Wilt as a Warrior. I'd probably fall on that side of the argument, too. The Stilt only played in the Bay Area for 2.5 years (before heading back to Philly). Seems to me that Wilt would be more loyal to the Philly Warriors than he would to San Fransisco's Warriors... and I'm the type of person who needs to know a player's loyal in order to call them the best. Rick Barry, Chris Mullin, Nate Thurmond... those are the truly loyal Warriors on the list and I think that Mullin has continued his love for the team after his player career (which shows how deeply committed he is to the franchise).

Wilt was a great player, no doubt. Possibly the best player listed. But his heart never truly landed in the Bay Area and that just doesn't do it for me.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:55 pm
100 points should count for something
(Wilt has to be the best warriors of all time)

Didn't he avg a triple double in a season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:36 am
On averages, it's Wilt, but otherwise it's either Mullin or Rick Barry - I reckon Mullin! Hardaway is close as well!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:14 am
HelloNewman100 wrote:100 points should count for something
(Wilt has to be the best warriors of all time)

Didn't he avg a triple double in a season.

No, it was Oscar Robertson who averaged a triple-double. Big O got 30 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists one season. Truly great player.

And, although I do acknowledge Wilt's 100 point game... didn't his jersey read "Philla" when he was playing that game? The Philadelphia Warriors weren't my Warriors... they didn't have the same jersey, they had fewer of the same players, a different logo, a different time... it just wasn't the same team that I root for today. Then, take a team like the San Fransisco Giants: I'd still call the New York Giants my team back in the day because a lot of the same players stayed on the G's squad, the logo didn't change, and the uniforms never changed. It's still, basically, the same team. I think the "Golden State" team and the "San Fransisco" team were definately the same... but I have a hard time letting the Philly team in, too. It was just a different team.

Besides, when most people think of Wilt, they think of Wilt in a Lakers jersey. My #1 Warrior needs to be wearing a Warriors jersey in the minds of all the fans.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:49 am
But the thread does state: BEST WARRIOR OF ALL TIME

Many could see this as including the Philly team

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:04 am
That's true; I didn't specify... but, being from the Bay myself, I'm looking for someone who played for my city, not for another person's city. That would have to be the greatest Warrior in my eyes.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:17 am
i went wit Barry.Its a Championship thing i guess.However it it were a FAVE warrior of all time,Mully me up!
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:34 am
No doubt, man, Rick Barry would have been my 2nd choice. He was just a scoring machine, unstopable no matter what... and who's ever gonna forget that granny-shot from the free throw line! Priceless, yet effective!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:37 am
o yes,what was he a plus 90% free throw shooter while chuckin em underarm?Imagine someone shootin em like that these days,thatd be priceless
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:46 pm
Barry certainly was a freak and it is a toss up between him and Mullin

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:24 am
Rick Barry and Chris Mullin are both great players because they could play in any era of basketball. They were fundamental perfection; strong at passing, dribbling, rebounding, and defense... and they were flawless shooters. Could have played 50 years ago, could have played today... and played well, too.

Wilt Chamberlain, God rest, wouldn't have been as big of a force in today's game. He relied on force to throw around defenders and slam on their heads. Don't get me wrong; rebounding and blocks would still be a strength, but the big guy couldn't muscle the likes of Shaq, Amare, K-Mart, ect. The league's power players today would have their way with the power players of yesterday (besides, of course, Daryll Dawkins, who was a juggernaut under the basket!). Either way, I think Mullin is a better player because he could have played in Wilt's day... but not the other way around!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:47 am
Wonder what ever happened to Carlos Rogers? He showed so much potential when he played for the Wariors. A potential Center with all the skills, including outside shooting! Just never stayed

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball