Missing Stephen Jackson

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:04 am
I never thought I would say this, but i miss Stephen Jackson. I also miss Baron Davis, Al Harrignton, and probably second to Stephen, I miss Mikael Pietrus. Why do I miss the guys? Because they brought out passion in the bloggers in this board. People made friends and life long enemies talking about these guys. Especially Jackson and Pietrus. I guess we still Have goood ol Nelly to argue about. Monta probably could cause "a little" confrontation. But nothing like good ol Steve or French Sexy. The team has become very huggable. Look at our new poster boy Steph Curry, everybody loves him. Even those who didn't want us to draft him (admittably 2or 3, although I remember many more). Now we good ol Louis, already a crowd favorite. Reggie Williams and a host of nameless, faceless characters. Our team has gone vanilla. Oh I don't mind as long as they win. I guess we have to be careful what we ask for. Most folks here are "just wishing to be the 8th seed". Not me, I'm not satisfied with mediocre, vanilla. I need a little more than vanilla. I want Stehen back! :evil:

All Star
» Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:29 pm
The Coooach wrote:I never thought I would say this, but i miss Stephen Jackson. I also miss Baron Davis, Al Harrignton, and probably second to Stephen, I miss Mikael Pietrus. Why do I miss the guys? Because they brought out passion in the bloggers in this board. People made friends and life long enemies talking about these guys. Especially Jackson and Pietrus. I guess we still Have goood ol Nelly to argue about. Monta probably could cause "a little" confrontation. But nothing like good ol Steve or French Sexy. The team has become very huggable. Look at our new poster boy Steph Curry, everybody loves him. Even those who didn't want us to draft him (admittably 2or 3, although I remember many more). Now we good ol Louis, already a crowd favorite. Reggie Williams and a host of nameless, faceless characters. Our team has gone vanilla. Oh I don't mind as long as they win. I guess we have to be careful what we ask for. Most folks here are "just wishing to be the 8th seed". Not me, I'm not satisfied with mediocre, vanilla. I need a little more than vanilla. I want Stehen back! :evil:

I don't miss him one bit. There is no denying that he is brought some good skills to the court, but his attitude and what he did was more detremental to the team then his skills.

All Star
» Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:24 pm
I miss the era, not the player, if you know what I mean

Starting Lineup
» Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:30 pm
I miss his clutch-ness...but that's about it. Yeah, he was thread fodder but that doesn't warrant a "I miss you"...at least for me.

All Star
» Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:20 pm
Clutchness? Sometimes. He missed a lot more clutch shots than he made, thats for sure.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:21 pm
I miss the swager he and BD brought.

All Star
» Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:41 pm
zshook wrote:I miss the swager he and BD brought.

that's a really good point- our team is weeeeaaak. "We need some I'm-gonna-bang-yo-sister people. We need Cousins."<---forgot who said that, makes perfect sense tho

Site Admin
» Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:56 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:I miss the era, not the player, if you know what I mean

I'm with that. I miss the entire roster and the 2 years of mild success we had. I miss not being able to miss a game because of the excitement and knowing we could win any night. Now i only watch to see how guys like Curry perform, not that i actually believe we are going to contend for anything outside a lottery pick. Hopefully that will change with the new owners and with a good young player like Steph. I haven't given up on Ellis as many of us on here have - I still believe that if we can get some good play out of our bigs we could make the curry/ellis backcourt work.

All Star
» Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:08 pm
JREED23 wrote:
LilBallerx30 wrote:I miss the era, not the player, if you know what I mean

I'm with that. I miss the entire roster and the 2 years of mild success we had. I miss not being able to miss a game because of the excitement and knowing we could win any night. Now i only watch to see how guys like Curry perform, not that i actually believe we are going to contend for anything outside a lottery pick. Hopefully that will change with the new owners and with a good young player like Steph. I haven't given up on Ellis as many of us on here have - I still believe that if we can get some good play out of our bigs we could make the curry/ellis backcourt work.

Now we get to see how:

Curry performs
Curry performs with Lee. Pick & roll basketball? Wtf... in Golden State?
A scoring post player?!
Biedrins return to old form? would be enough. 10/10 from him till his contract expires is good enough.
RW <3
Monta Ellis being more efficient and attentive to the passing lanes? Space should clear with Lee in the line up ... lane could be open for Ellis.
New uniforms.

wish the coach would change already but other than that im excited. 8th seed is possible but the west is ridiculously deep.

All Star
» Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 am
We do miss the "I;m as good as Kobe" attitude on this team. We have a team full of choir boys who go seek opposing players autographs before the game. I can see our guys guys now: "Hello, Mr. James? Could you please sign my Warrior jersey? Thanks Me. James". Instead of "F_ck you Lebron, punk. I'm gonna kick your ass tonight. That is what we miss without Baron, Jackson, and Barnes. Monta has it. Lee may have it. But that's about it. Admundson probably has it but will he see the court enough to display ?

All Star
» Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:46 pm
HAHA, Mr. emotional Stephen Jackson, with his up and down play and antics sure drew some passion good/bad from the fans.

It will be a smooth ride with this roster (minus Beans) but I think he will come along with time [-o< . Things actual have order, something we couldn't say about year, a bit of stability, and less uncertainty.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:04 pm
I also don't miss his ball-handling skills...whoops, another steal! He was decent on D though..

All Star
» Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm
I miss him 'cause he made me care. These guys? None of them make me want to watch basketball.

All Star
» Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I miss him 'cause he made me care. These guys? None of them make me want to watch basketball.

If Jackson is the reason you watched than wow. Just wow. Jackson was the reason I threw **** across the living room.

Give Curry/Monta/Lee a chance.

All Star
» Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:20 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I miss him 'cause he made me care. These guys? None of them make me want to watch basketball.

If Jackson is the reason you watched than wow. Just wow. Jackson was the reason I threw **** across the living room.

Give Curry/Monta/Lee a chance.

I didn't say he was the best basketball player. Like I said, he made me care about the Warriors. Monta, Curry, Lee, they don't make me care whether the team wins or loses...they just make me wonder why we can't draft someone that looks like they're legally an adult.