Bob Fitzgerald

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Founder
» Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 pm
Rasheed over at WW has an interesting blog item on Mr. Fitzgerald. Excellent reading.

http://www.warriorsworld.net/bob-fitzge ... t-matters/

All Star
» Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:28 pm
i never minded him, but after hearing how he tries to get close to everyone on the team, it kinda made me think that he's a suck up. no one likes a suck up.

All Star
» Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 pm
not sure I really care if he gets paid by the Warriors or KNBR. Not sure I really care if he tries to hang out with the "GUYS". He is a reporter, it would behoove him to try and make friends with the anyone on the team so that they can give him the skinny and do interviews with them.

He by far isn't the best announcer, but also isn't by far the worse. I can't stand the announcer for Sac who is always way to amped up and says "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, YOU DON'T LIKE KINGS BASKETBALL!!" he says that way to often and it is sooooo annoying. I think if I had to listen to that guy call the warriors game i would have to watch every game on mute.

All Star
» Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:32 pm
Jim Barnett, on the other hand, i think is a great announcer. He knows his basketball.

Founder
» Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:25 pm
I am okay with him on the broadcasts, if you ever watch other games, there are a lot worse. I do miss Greg Papa though. That being said, I can't stand him on KNBR, he sounds like a paid Warriors shill so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Site Admin
» Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:19 pm
8th ave wrote:Jim Barnett, on the other hand, i think is a great announcer. He knows his basketball.

<-----Check the avatar :wink: lol, seriously, i have a love/hate attitude towards barnett. I love it when he puts fitz in his place but he can be annoying sometimes. He also needs to come up with some new material. After listening to him say basically the same crap over the years, i'm about to change my avatar.

All Star
» Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:21 pm
JREED23 wrote:
8th ave wrote:Jim Barnett, on the other hand, i think is a great announcer. He knows his basketball.

<-----Check the avatar :wink: lol, seriously, i have a love/hate attitude towards barnett. I love it when he puts fitz in his place but he can be annoying sometimes. He also needs to come up with some new material. After listening to him say basically the same crap over the years, i'm about to change my avatar.

L O L, that is all i can say to that

All Star
» Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:22 am
JREED23 wrote:

i mean... we've been watching the same thing over the years... so ofc hes gonna say the same thing. inconsistent, face paced basketball with whacky line ups and junior varsity talent ....

Rookie
» Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:35 pm
Fitzergald is a homer with Napolean syndrome. I can't stand him on the radio or on the Warriors telecasts. If Barnett wasn't there we would be in trouble. He got the Warrior job because he undercut Greg Pappa on salary when they both were going for the job. When i listen to KNBR I have to turn the station when he and Rod Brooks are on because it is boring radio. Fitzgerald brings nothing to the table. He is a suck up, plain and simple. He contradicts himself on KNBR and is always trying to one up his callers then suck up to his guests. The midget has got to go. Hopefully Lacob and the new ownership group continue to make changes, including cutting Fitz. If it were my decision, I'd promote Steinmetz and demote Fitzgerald.

Role Player
» Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:11 pm
No one likes haters guys Fitzgerald is not that bad

All Star
» Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:17 am
After spending two years in San Diego and listening to commentators around the league we could do A LOT worse than Fitzgerald. I will take him over most guys any day. As "homer-ish" as he is, he's a lot more realistic about this team than most commentators, and on top of that he will make any game sound exciting, which is what you want in a TV personality.

All Star
» Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:49 am
All I hear on knbr from Fitz are excuses. How we have the most injuries, how we havn't played together for a full season, how we're a young team. Exciting team to watch, score a lot of points. This, that, and the other thing. Some of his points are valid, but I'm tired of hearing the same things over and over again when we suck year after year.

Some of my most homeristic memories of Bob usually come when the Warriors would be down by 20 or something, and the W's would make little run and cut it to 12 and Fitz would start raising his voice with unbridled enthusiasm and excitement, as if we're on a mission to do the unthinkable. Geez, bring back Papa.

All Star
» Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:27 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:After spending two years in San Diego and listening to commentators around the league we could do A LOT worse than Fitzgerald. I will take him over most guys any day. As "homer-ish" as he is, he's a lot more realistic about this team than most commentators, and on top of that he will make any game sound exciting, which is what you want in a TV personality.

I agree with this. I also don't listen to KNBR so I don't know how he is on there.

» Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:25 pm
Yeah... GSW Hoops Fan and Cap. Jack are spot on... I've lived in SD and currently in sac... those announcers are much worse then what the Warriors got. The clippers announcers always go on wild tangents, and Grant Napier/Jerry Reynalds who do the kings are the biggest homers in the NBA... they hurts my ears (though, side not, Napier's radio show isn't that bad... granted i haven't heard it in a while, but that was the only time he was generally non bias about the Kings, Warriors, and Basketball in general).

Role Player
» Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:44 am
I never liked Fitzgerald on broadcast or on KNBRs Fitz and Brooks show. He's one of those guys that always thinks he's right, constantly jumping on callers that try to challenge him. He interrupts callers from making their own points just so he can make his. One week, he called Monta the best player on the team and the next week, it was Stephen Curry. Every time someone calls mention Monta's lack of defense, he always brings up the same Portland game and how he shut down Brandon Roy, who pretty much had a bad game.

He knows very little about football, yet talks as if he can coach an NFL team. He is obviously not on the 49ers payroll as he constantly rips Alex Smith and Singletary on the air. L

acob and Gruber should just fire him. I like Barnett though and Tim Roye on the radio.