Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:36 am
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... ng-content

Look at all the pics, then come back to Reggies. :-"

Starting Lineup
» Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:49 am
Made Anthony Morrow expendable that's for sure. Reggie's a perfect glue guy for this team.

I'd like to see him get about 24 minutes at SF, with D. Wright getting the other 24. Then he gets 10 minutes backing up Monta if Nellie decides he doesn't want to destroy Monta at 47mpg again.

We could actually have a nice little rotation going.

PG: Curry-38 min/Lin-10 min
SG: Monta-38 min/Reggie 10 min
SF: Reggie-24 min/Dorell Wright 24 min
PF: Lee-30 min/Wright 18 min
C: Goose-30 min/Lee 6 min/Gadzuric 12 min (gross)

Rookie
» Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:10 pm
David Wood wrote:Made Anthony Morrow expendable that's for sure. Reggie's a perfect glue guy for this team.

I'd like to see him get about 24 minutes at SF, with D. Wright getting the other 24. Then he gets 10 minutes backing up Monta if Nellie decides he doesn't want to destroy Monta at 47mpg again.

is ab leaving for sure? if don nelson didnt fk with his head... i like how he can clean up the mess when ppl miss their shots... gonna miss him :/

Rookie
» Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:00 am
facue420 wrote:
David Wood wrote:Made Anthony Morrow expendable that's for sure. Reggie's a perfect glue guy for this team.

is ab leaving for sure? if don nelson didnt fk with his head... i like how he can clean up the mess when ppl miss their shots... gonna miss him :/

AB = Goose ;)

All Star
» Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:10 am
facue420 wrote:

beans should stop being a bitch when his head coach gives him some constructive criticism.

Role Player
» Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:58 am
How Nellie ball really changes things. Reggie Williams on most teams would be a shooting guard. He's 6'5-6'6 and undersized at the SF position. I would love to see them move Ellis so that Williams could start at the 2.

All Star
» Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:42 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:How Nellie ball really changes things. Reggie Williams on most teams would be a shooting guard. He's 6'5-6'6 and undersized at the SF position. I would love to see them move Ellis so that Williams could start at the 2.

this . Reggie and Steph's chemistry is already 5x better than his and Monta's will ever be

All Star
» Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:53 pm
Reggie came late in the season rested, played how many games on an injured warriors, he is an upgrade from Morrow, and glad he on the team but lets get real here.

Rookie
» Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:37 pm
I finally understand... If every team lets go of their stars for d-leaguers, they would all instantly become better :roll: . As much as we all like Reggie Williams, lets relax and realize he's only played under 30 games in the NBA and is nowhere near proven. To think he is an upgrade over Monta Ellis is just obsurd.

All Star
» Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:22 pm
cellomac1212 wrote:I finally understand... If every team lets go of their stars for d-leaguers, they would all instantly become better :roll: . As much as we all like Reggie Williams, lets relax and realize he's only played under 30 games in the NBA and is nowhere near proven. To think he is an upgrade over Monta Ellis is just obsurd.

Is it really absurd to think that? How much better was our team when Monta was out of the line-up? Not just coincidental type ish ... Curry's averages went up astronomically. Anyone who watched those games could easily notice the increase in "team basketball." I'm not a fan of the *addition by subtraction* phrase but I think it applies perfectly here. Especially if we could get some value back for Monta.

All Star
» Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:56 am
Beast Mode wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:I finally understand... If every team lets go of their stars for d-leaguers, they would all instantly become better :roll: . As much as we all like Reggie Williams, lets relax and realize he's only played under 30 games in the NBA and is nowhere near proven. To think he is an upgrade over Monta Ellis is just obsurd.

Is it really absurd to think that? How much better was our team when Monta was out of the line-up? Not just coincidental type ish ... Curry's averages went up astronomically. Anyone who watched those games could easily notice the increase in "team basketball." I'm not a fan of the *addition by subtraction* phrase but I think it applies perfectly here. Especially if we could get some value back for Monta.

Monta is BETTER overall then Reggie Williams. Warriors system runs 2x more efficiently when Reggie's in the system.

So, Reggie's good.

All Star
» Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:06 am
LilBallerx30 wrote:Monta is BETTER overall then Reggie Williams. Warriors system runs 2x more efficiently when Reggie's in the system.

So, Reggie's good.

This won't be the case if Reggie starts. If opposing teams have chance to plan for Reggie the way they do for Eliis, then he is going to have a much tougher time. Reggie has even admitted himself that his game needs to improve a lot in certain areas. He has trouble going right, and when he drives he doesn't do a good job of keeping his court vision up to see the guys who are open (from what I saw last year and in summer league). But he is good, and will get better. I think he definately would be a good backup at the 2 and 3. But not a starter (yet, we'll see in a year or two).

I will give you this, Ellis was a ball hog last year and the team did better on occassions with out him. But when he had Baron he showed he could play very effectively without being the primary ball handler. If he can have some more confidence in his team mates and not try to show he is the alpha male of the team, then he can get back to the Monta we were so exicted about before. Hopefully we will see a lot more fastbreak outlet passes from Lee to Ellis year, that will be fun to see.

All Star
» Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:09 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
LilBallerx30 wrote:Monta is BETTER overall then Reggie Williams. Warriors system runs 2x more efficiently when Reggie's in the system.

So, Reggie's good.

This won't be the case if Reggie starts. If opposing teams have chance to plan for Reggie the way they do for Eliis, then he is going to have a much tougher time. Reggie has even admitted himself that his game needs to improve a lot in certain areas. He has trouble going right, and when he drives he doesn't do a good job of keeping his court vision up to see the guys who are open (from what I saw last year and in summer league). But he is good, and will get better. I think he definately would be a good backup at the 2 and 3. But not a starter (yet, we'll see in a year or two).

I will give you this, Ellis was a ball hog last year and the team did better on occassions with out him. But when he had Baron he showed he could play very effectively without being the primary ball handler. If he can have some more confidence in his team mates and not try to show he is the alpha male of the team, then he can get back to the Monta we were so exicted about before. Hopefully we will see a lot more fastbreak outlet passes from Lee to Ellis year, that will be fun to see.

Ehh, ofc Reggie is gonna critique his own game ... if he doesn't then he's viewed as cocky. And he's a lot better with his court vision in only 30 some odd games than Monta has EVER been.

But I do agree with your last paragraph... if Ellis could return to his old ways, I'd be ecstatic. I just don't see it ... I see him requesting a trade or something after he sees Curry/Lee are the focus of the squad... not an undersized ballhogging 2.

All Star
» Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:13 am
Beast Mode wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:

So, Reggie's good.

Ehh, ofc Reggie is gonna critique his own game ... if he doesn't then he's viewed as cocky. And he's a lot better with his court vision in only 30 some odd games than Monta has EVER been.

But I do agree with your last paragraph... if Ellis could return to his old ways, I'd be ecstatic. I just don't see it ... I see him requesting a trade or something after he sees Curry/Lee are the focus of the squad... not an undersized ballhogging 2.

Circumstances change players, 2ND MOST INJURIES IN THE LEAGUE EVER, playing the type of minutes, having a young d-league filled team, no trust, an unproven rookie, there are so many variables that need to be considered that get forgotten.

Its a new season an established Curry, a vet PF post, its a different season than last, even more so if the warriors stay healthy.