Louis Amundson Update - ESPN Mark Stein

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Founder
» Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:07 am
Looks like it's between the Warriors, Hornets, and Pacers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_ ... ndson-hunt

Rookie
» Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:52 pm
I was about to put up a post about Amundson. I hope we sign this guy. Instant energy off the bench. Hustles every play. I approve of this move if it happens. =D

All Star
» Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:00 pm
He would be a very good pickup.

All Star
» Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:56 pm
We need a big and he are one, so unless there is a more dramatic choice in a big man, get him. It all revolves around rebounds next year, so he can do that, get the hustle loose balls and all that.

The team will be deeper and the coach will be able to substitute (able and willing being two different things) and keep the team fresh and that will lead to more rebounds and better defense no matter what the scheme.

All Star
» Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:02 pm
much rather be giving him minutes than gadzuric or w/e. plus biedrins likes to get 2 fouls per minute so he [amundson] could average 20 mins a game .. would be a GREAT signing. havent had that brian cardinal type guy since brian

All Star
» Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:29 pm
The question is can he play center ? at 6'9 238, its a toss-up for me. But reading he brings major hustle which is much needed.

I was liking Josh Boone but found out dude shoots 34% FT (NVM), No thanks, Amundson FT % at 54%, at least if any of them join the Warriors they can Bond with Beans.

All Star
» Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:27 pm
I loved Amundson when he played summer league for us a couple of years ago and I saw him play with the Suns later that season, he guy is a good off the bench guy. I'd love to have him back.

» Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:32 pm
I would definitely welcome him here... but something tells me he will be staying in Phoenix.

Franchise Player
» Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:15 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I would definitely welcome him here... but something tells me he will be staying in Phoenix.

I'm pretty sure that Louis is of the SUNS radar.. Unless you know something i don't?

Hall of Famer
» Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:46 am
Amundson would be real good and useful. Hope the team sign him and makes minutes for him

All Star
» Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:30 am
Amundson is getting closer to making a deal with one of the three teams. I have a feeling the Warriors will get him.
Free-agent forward Louis Amundson is expected to sign with either the Warriors, Hornets or Pacers this week.

"We're getting close to doing something," said Mark Bartelstein, his agent. "I think we'll get something done with Louis this week."

All Star
» Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:58 pm
Funny, all of those 3 teams are over the cap. I don't know if the Indiana or New Orleans have any mid level exception left, but it will probably come down to if we can use our 2 million trade exception in a sign and trade with pheonix, and what do we give them in return? A second round pick? Monetary considerations?

All Star
» Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:11 am
Captain_Jack wrote:I loved Amundson when he played summer league for us a couple of years ago and I saw him play with the Suns later that season, he guy is a good off the bench guy. I'd love to have him back.

Same here. I wonder if he's bitter about the Warriors not signing him after that summer league?

Rookie
» Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:49 pm
I doubt he's bitter. We gave him the exposure that got him the Suns gig.

All Star
» Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:12 pm
Here's a warriors update from Matt Steinmetz. Jeez, this place is dead as hell. Can't wait until the season starts so this site can get back into the swangathangs