Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 pm
That's why he's called DaWhite Howard.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:29 pm
I don't get talks about him being shorter than other centers and having to use his skills to compensate height, what a load of bullsh!t!! He is shorter by how much exactly, 4cm? They can take a ruler and see how much that is. He's a goliath and if you take just size it's him who should be playing center, not skinny Biedrins.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:41 pm
He's 6' 9" which is undersized for a center. Most centers are 6'10" and above.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:17 pm
I was at that 37 point game. HOLY ****! lol My friend's like "TELL THAT WHITE GUY TO STOP F***ING US OVER!

(no offense)
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:43 pm
I watched almost every knick game last year and I can say with 100% confidence that Lee is the worst defensive starting power forward in the NBA. Its more than just a lack of defensive ability, he doesn't give effort on defense. A good amount of the time he won't even be back playing defense because hes too busy arguing with the ref (if this was a stat he would probably lead the league). A lot of knick fans began calling him the doorman because of how many layups he gave up.
He can rebound, run a pick and roll, and hit the mid range jumper, dont expect anything else. Dont get me wrong hes a very good offensive player, but he cant be the #1 option on a good team, and his offense is weighed down by his dreadful defense. I will say his passing is improving though and he even ran the knicks offense a few times last year.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:50 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I watched almost every knick game last year and I can say with 100% confidence that Lee is the worst defensive starting power forward in the NBA. Its more than just a lack of defensive ability, he doesn't give effort on defense. A good amount of the time he won't even be back playing defense because hes too busy arguing with the ref (if this was a stat he would probably lead the league). A lot of knick fans began calling him the doorman because of how many layups he gave up.
He can rebound, run a pick and roll, and hit the mid range jumper, dont expect anything else. Dont get me wrong hes a very good offensive player, but he cant be the #1 option on a good team, and his offense is weighed down by his dreadful defense. I will say his passing is improving though and he even ran the knicks offense a few times last year.

That's why the team's actually worse off now. With AR, Turiaf and Azu, all healthy being the thing, the team was better offensively and much better defensively. I just think it's plain to see

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:58 pm
I agree, David Lee is done improving, with AR the sky is the limit. He can become a much better player than Lee, and he came at a far cheaper price than him. The warriors also traded probably their three best defenders for a lousy one while losing bench depth and adding a huge contract.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:59 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I agree, David Lee is done improving, with AR the sky is the limit. He can become a much better player than Lee, and he came at a far cheaper price than him. The warriors also traded probably their three best defenders for a lousy one while losing bench depth and adding a huge contract.

Beautifully said. The hype is just that, the reality is the team made an awful move

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 pm
that was my position after the trade...the hype has me happy tho...
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:17 am
LilBallerx30 wrote:that was my position after the trade...the hype has me happy tho...

Hype works for some, but I want reality and results and the truth in this situation is that the team lost more than it got, I think alot more

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:38 am
this will be unending question, since warriors traded fan favourites for Lee. but as it seems azubuike has serious injury problems and turiaf ain't getting better, so technically it was Lee for AR. and, as it is now, it looks like a steal. for some years. but, having in mind AR potential, it might look costy after a while. anyway, it only depends on AR and warriors had reason's to go for proven player than potential. you cannot deny the fact that this trade was an upgrade at PF position, at least for some years. i don't think we lost much at center, for turiaf isn't exactly a great player, and udoh might become better anyway at backup center. as i said, azu is in a very dark clouded space and warriors knew that. at the same time i would have gone with AR a year or two more and preffered slower growth of young guys.
but that does not mean warriors made a bad deal, i believe Lee will be very fine here.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:47 am
martin wrote:this will be unending question, since warriors traded fan favourites for Lee. but as it seems azubuike has serious injury problems and turiaf ain't getting better, so technically it was Lee for AR. and, as it is now, it looks like a steal. for some years. but, having in mind AR potential, it might look costy after a while. anyway, it only depends on AR and warriors had reason's to go for proven player than potential. you cannot deny the fact that this trade was an upgrade at PF position, at least for some years. i don't think we lost much at center, for turiaf isn't exactly a great player, and udoh might become better anyway at backup center. as i said, azu is in a very dark clouded space and warriors knew that. at the same time i would have gone with AR a year or two more and preffered slower growth of young guys.
but that does not mean warriors made a bad deal, i believe Lee will be very fine here.

Azu was a very good SF and always getting better, he just got his first opportunity here and players get over injuries almost always so I'd have no problem going with him at least for another few years, seeing if he missed much time with injureis or not. Turiaf was good at what he did well and that was defend, in particular block shots, and brought great energy, which is much more valuable than stats can show with that. AR has potential, no denying that, and could be a superstar, at least he has the talent to go that far. All three were very good defensively and that is where Lee is real bad

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:44 am
azu may have a hard time fully recovering from his knee injury, he may become what is called damaged goods.
turiaf was a nice energy guy, but amudson will duplicate that. so that is really not the biggest concern,losing those two guys. only AR was a risk and the thing this deal was about.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:05 am
martin wrote:azu may have a hard time fully recovering from his knee injury, he may become what is called damaged goods.
turiaf was a nice energy guy, but amudson will duplicate that. so that is really not the biggest concern,losing those two guys. only AR was a risk and the thing this deal was about.

Good point on Amundson doing what Turiaf did, but Azu hasn't been replaced to me. Again, it's the total game, the offense and the defense that Lee doesn't give and was lost in that trade

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:21 am
Hey guy!
You say he's the worst defensive PF in the league?
Hell man I agree w/you. The man played center 90% of the time . And he played W/4 other
"black holes",(Duhon and Gaglardi(sp?)were the exceptions)who when getting a pass it never ever came back. No sir... UP IT WENT and clang it would come to Lee.Man get a freekin life those three guys you gave up wont be heard from w/Studamire and team playing. No defense... hell the knicks don't have anyone that can go both ways including the Stod man!
I don't know Golden State but I'll tell you one thing if you are not biased against a white guy w/class who can hold the spotlight in a pro basketball game you will enjoy watching the GSW playing this year. AGAIN REBOUNDING IS DEFENSIVE PLAYING AT ITS'BEST!Man you people arn't basket ball bright.IMO

vince
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball