David Lee Dispelling misperceptions

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:46 pm
I think Lee is very agile from what I've seen.Maybe that's cause he was playing against centers.He's definitely a solid player and a competitor and I'm glad to have him on our team.I guess the question is if it would've been better to wait for Randolph to develop.What if he didn't?I like Lee.He's a relatively known quantity and Riley has done a good job in picking up some other good pieces,though it'll be hard to swallow if Randolph uses his talent and becomes great.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:06 pm
Lee is agile as hell. There aren't many power forwards in the NBA more athletic than him. sorry but I don't get the concerns here ... seems trollish
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:33 pm
He's really not that agile, Chris Bosh is what I would call agile. Pau Gasol is far more agile than Lee, Lee is maybe a little more agile than Boozer.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:28 pm
I think this team could be good lets look at the things we have going for us:

Nelson is gond

Cohan is gone
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 pm
Hey guys!

Not one to rub it in, but,A Randolph is out w/an ankle injury... his stats for the preseason are somewnat in the 7to9 ppg,3 to 4 rpg and 0/apg.

You all know what D Lee's preseason states are:again roughly,15 to 16 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 3 appg, etc.

Now watch how D Lee plays now that the games count.I thought he looked pretty good near the end of the game against the Lakers.Don't you think?

Man that Ellis kid really is a bomber, isn't he? I sure hope that Curry doesn't hog it that much;does he?
How can I listen to the games via the computer? I live on the East coast Ocean View De . Anyone!

Thanks in advance,

vince

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:10 am
Man, after watching the Lakers game last night I'm starting to witness the breakdown of a great player in David Lee.

In all the games this year so far.. I've noticed that Lee touches the ball so few times for shooting it is almost comical.

Geez, all they do is feed it to that Ellis guy to shoot ,and believe me it never comes back. Man I"m so disgusted w/this Coach. One year and back to assistant coaching. Look at the box score of last nites game : they beat the warriors by a ton yet Gasol and Odom played in the 34 minute range.

Honestly folks I don't see the logic of encouraging Ellis to play " HOG THE FN BALL."

Check his #s last 37 /38 minutes20 attempts,2 frigin assists,TOs,4,etc., It's is looking real bad .

Frankly speaking.. looking the way D lee is reacting to this type of 2 man team(Ellis and Curry) why the frig did you guys go for him. The Nets would have him in th 25 point/15 Rebounds/4 assist game this season.

Damn, 0 points on 3 attempts ****!

vince

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:11 am
yuthebest wrote:Man, after watching the Lakers game last night I'm starting to witness the breakdown of a great player in David Lee.

In all the games this year so far.. I've noticed that Lee touches the ball so few times for shooting it is almost comical.

Geez, all they do is feed it to that Ellis guy to shoot ,and believe me it never comes back. Man I"m so disgusted w/this Coach. One year and back to assistant coaching. Look at the box score of last nites game : they beat the warriors by a ton yet Gasol and Odom played in the 34 minute range.

Honestly folks I don't see the logic of encouraging Ellis to play " HOG THE FN BALL."

Check his #s last 37 /38 minutes20 attempts,2 frigin assists,TOs,4,etc., It's is looking real bad .

Frankly speaking.. looking the way D lee is reacting to this type of 2 man team(Ellis and Curry) why the frig did you guys go for him. The Nets would have him in th 25 point/15 Rebounds/4 assist game this season.

vince

man that was one game. BTW, Lee was off tonight, couldnt score and often was scored on. Thank GOD Ellis is on our team otherwise I thinkwe would of lost by 40+ points. Ellis, I think we all agree by now is a shooting guard, shoot first mentality and which is why we really missed Curry. BTW, it all starts up front with us, which means we rely heavily on our bigs to be a second defender at the rim and also rebounding. Clearly we didn't get that last night.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:00 pm
yuthebest wrote:Man, after watching the Lakers game last night I'm starting to witness the breakdown of a great player in David Lee.

vince

Did you watch the game? They were passing the ball, Monta was not hogging it. They were a LOT of people with open shots, they just weren't hitting anything. Monta of last year would have taken 30 shots, but he knows now that he will not win if he doesn't get others involved, and it is not his fault others weren't hitting wide open shots or couldn't create. David Lee looked invisible on both ends of the floor. It was appearent that he has trouble with skilled big men who are longer then him. He wasn't blocking out Odom or Gasol and they were just snatching the boards from he... he needed to do his work earlier to keep them away from the boards and not let them get such deep position. I don't think it was entirely his fualt as often he was rotating to a driving cutter or to help defensively, thus leaving odom to grab the board. I think when you look over this game again it shows the weakness of the perimetter guys not keeping their man in front of them. Hence I think that is why Smart went to a zone defense in the second half... but by then the game was over.

I really liked Lin and Beans in this game. I think Andris is working hard and actually was the only one rebounding decently. He didn't get much minutes, which was strange to me becasue I thought he was the best player out there for us. Even when we went down to him on the post I think he had some good looks at the basket. But it has been that way all season, I don't know if it is Smart monitoring his minutes or what. Maybe he is scared Beans is not 100% yet, or maybe he is still trying to find out a good rotation.

Speaking about rotations I think he should stop playing Lee and/or B. Wright at center. He has been doing that with putting Vlad Rad at 4 and Lee or Wright at the 5. I don't mind Vlad at the 4, defensively he is good, offensively, if he can get going he will be a big help (right now he is just can't buy a bucket). But Dan Gadzuric has been awsome at backup 5 spot, and I don't see any reason not to have Beans or Dan at the 5. Defensively they are much better with a true 5 in the game.

The reason I liked Lin in this game was because even though he seems nervous and out of place, he was fearless and relentless defensively. I liked how when he went to double team he did so quickly and desively, and that resulted in him get 4 steals in 16 minutes of play. He missed some layups, but again I think he was just nervous. Bell wasn't looking any better and I think we can say that R. Williams playing the point isn't working... it just takes too much from his offensive game. Smart still has a lot to figure out in terms of rotation, but I think the bench is playing better then I expected, he just needs to use them right.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:07 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:

vince

Did you watch the game? They were passing the ball, Monta was not hogging it. They were a LOT of people with open shots, they just weren't hitting anything. Monta of last year would have taken 30 shots, but he knows now that he will not win if he doesn't get others involved, and it is not his fault others weren't hitting wide open shots or couldn't create. David Lee looked invisible on both ends of the floor. It was appearent that he has trouble with skilled big men who are longer then him. He wasn't blocking out Odom or Gasol and they were just snatching the boards from he... he needed to do his work earlier to keep them away from the boards and not let them get such deep position. I don't think it was entirely his fualt as often he was rotating to a driving cutter or to help defensively, thus leaving odom to grab the board. I think when you look over this game again it shows the weakness of the perimetter guys not keeping their man in front of them. Hence I think that is why Smart went to a zone defense in the second half... but by then the game was over.

I really liked Lin and Beans in this game. I think Andris is working hard and actually was the only one rebounding decently. He didn't get much minutes, which was strange to me becasue I thought he was the best player out there for us. Even when we went down to him on the post I think he had some good looks at the basket. But it has been that way all season, I don't know if it is Smart monitoring his minutes or what. Maybe he is scared Beans is not 100% yet, or maybe he is still trying to find out a good rotation.

Speaking about rotations I think he should stop playing Lee and/or B. Wright at center. He has been doing that with putting Vlad Rad at 4 and Lee or Wright at the 5. I don't mind Vlad at the 4, defensively he is good, offensively, if he can get going he will be a big help (right now he is just can't buy a bucket). But Dan Gadzuric has been awsome at backup 5 spot, and I don't see any reason not to have Beans or Dan at the 5. Defensively they are much better with a true 5 in the game.

The reason I liked Lin in this game was because even though he seems nervous and out of place, he was fearless and relentless defensively. I liked how when he went to double team he did so quickly and desively, and that resulted in him get 4 steals in 16 minutes of play. He missed some layups, but again I think he was just nervous. Bell wasn't looking any better and I think we can say that R. Williams playing the point isn't working... it just takes too much from his offensive game. Smart still has a lot to figure out in terms of rotation, but I think the bench is playing better then I expected, he just needs to use them right.

I totally agree (Actually started a thread abotu the bench). I dont like it when Wright and Lee combination. Length wise isnt the issue but its bulk. I rather see Gadz with wright/vlad combo. Vlad is really struggling right now with his shot which is affecting out second team. Reggie williams can play PG but I think that again what you touched upon takes away what he does best, which is shoot and score. Which is why I think you can be optimistic since Amundson and Udoh is out. When they return I expect a much bigger and better rebounding second unit. I think Lin missed a lot of make-able shots but he needs to just grind through it by behind that pesky defender. he is deceptively quick and has extremely high IQ so he should improve as the season progress. I am still not sold on B Wright... Meanwhile I am loving what Carney provides!

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:24 pm
Hey Jimbo and you other posters that think you'll got the worst of the recent David Lee for the 3 Ws trade, what do you think now? Hell, when he got hurt, he was just getting his offensive game together(note the 28ppg,10rpg and oodles of other things that he brings to the game).
Remember, those 3 ex W guys with the Knicks haven't shown crapola to date.In this regard, Man, I saw a recent interview w/D'antoni and he was saying how difficult this AR guy is having understanding the basic rudements of basketball . He said he hasn't given up on him but it is going to take time. Now compare that to what DL did Saturday against the Timbers. He got the guys to play as a"TEAM"....and guess what the Ws won and DL didn't rebound and didn't score at his normal pace, but they won because of him.

So I say to you and your AR,et.al loving fans ...you ain't seen nothing yet!!

BTW: DLs been in non playing status for almost a month now and he missed a helluva of playing time pre season because of the torn finger.

I read on another blog that after the (42 minute) game saturday his arm was bleeding again but he had it rapped in SARAN wrap. Man I don't know but he sure has been snakebit since he came out here.

Have at me guys..someone had to tell you,

vince

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:58 pm
If the Ws are a top 8 seed by the time the all-star break comes around, I don't know if I care what numbers Monta or Curry have, David Lee should be considered for an all-star bid from the coaches.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:59 pm
its time for the D Lee haters to eeaattt ittt.... lol
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball