Biedrins Speaks

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:12 pm
I had been wanting Gortat for the longest time because watching Beans he looked dis-interested playing, the injury, Nelson, and bad free-throw shooting have really messed his head up, major, he needs positive support, problem is wrong team and coach for that.

All Star
» Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:57 pm
I love people who can be honest. And as much as y'all love this team, you're kidding yourselves if you don't think what he's saying is the truth.

I know how easy it is to get excited in the offseason or to get excited about a player and to start forgetting about the futility that we've watched for years. There are deeper problems with this team than just filling up roster spots and depth charts. It doesn't matter how many good players or exciting prospects we sign, until those underlying issues are fixed we are going to stay at the bottom of the league. What Biedrins is aiming at, although I'm not sure he was quite able to overcome the language barrier to get things across clearly, is that this is not a team, but a collection of individuals looking out for themselves. They've been made this way by the culture and the atmosphere that starts at the top and trickles down. You can't blame Biedrins for doing the same and looking out for his own well-being.

Think about your job, sure you will probably put up with some dissatisfaction in the work place, but eventually you will hit a point where you just have to look after yourself and you can't be concerned about what is or isn't good for the company. He is just doing what any human being would do. What makes businesses successful and what keeps employee turnover low is fostering an environment that focuses on the purpose of the action rather than the result.

Take the "We Believe" team as an example. That was a team that wasn't focused on scoring the most points or signing the flashiest players, it was about pushing the envelope in new and innovative ways. They had a core purpose and they were a group of people that all believed in the same thing and their convictions convinced others to believe with them. Had they been focused on points or even the number of wins they never would have been as successful.

So my point is, the Warriors are lost. They are looking for a quick fix and in doing so they are losing their purpose. Without a purpose what are these guys playing for other than money?

All Star
» Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 pm
Damn, I think I got off topic. Sorry guys!

All Star
» Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:38 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Damn, I think I got off topic. Sorry guys!

Its was good read you made excellent points, in particular the concept of team that does not exist with this organization. A shaky foundation can be easily broken, the past says all when we look at how players have gotten so frustrated because of the dis-organization on the team. At the end the team gets hurt, players on the warriors lose value, and the team gets worst.

Until they follow the concept of team, there will be more bickering in up-coming seasons. Fans forget the human element that comes with respect/disrespect and the ability to withstand those. This is one of the man reason the main culprit of negativity and a person of authority Nellie needs to go ASAP.

Beans needs positive reinforcement and patience because his value is so low at this point, the best thing to do is build him up.

All Star
» Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:46 am
It was all mistranslated, lets just act like this never happened, lol. Fire the translators ASAP

By the time Andris Biedrins arrived at the Warriors' media day Monday, he had changed his hair, his nickname and his overall tone.

The 6-foot-11 center went with a short crop, retiring his spiky hair and the nickname "Goose" that came with it. He also tried to explain the Latvian video interview, translated by Warriorsworld.net, that seemed to be a series of cutting remarks aimed at former coach Don Nelson, his teammates and the franchise as a whole

"First of all, that was mistranslated," Biedrins said. "I never meant to say anything but the best things toward Nellie. I had a frustrating season, which was the worst of my career, but all of those things are past. Maybe I said some things, but it was translated totally different than what I said."

According to the translation, Biedrins said a trade could put him "on a better team, with better teamwork," the Warriors' medical staff had misdiagnosed his sports hernia and his teammates were "egoists."

A tanned and smiling Biedrins said Monday he would apologize to his teammates if they believed the subtle trade demand and "egoist" comment. "I never said that. I said that sometimes we don't share the ball the right way, and that is why we lose games sometimes. I always like my teammates, and I've never said anything bad about them my whole career."

Still, there's this: "I think we needed a change, because the last couple of years were really bad for us," Biedrins said. "We changed almost the entire locker room, the head coach and most of the assistants. Everyone is excited about the new direction."

The new direction includes the same medical and training staff that Biedrins insulted and vice versa.

"I don't know if I was misdiagnosed," said Biedrins, who has been running and lifting for three months. "My main goal was not to miss the whole season."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z11OwdWLPp

Site Admin
» Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:31 pm
Sounds like there is some side stepping going on here in regards to several issues. I think Beans is trying to put the juke on the fans and the media. I didn't hear a whole lot in the above article along the lines of him completely disowning what he had said, instead he just blankets the whole incident with "that was mistranslated" I call bullsh*t!

He didn't even cover all of the issues that were brought up in the original article - sure he briefly mentions the egoists, trainers, a little about his nellie comments but nothing about his lack of interest in playing long term, his overall apathy for the game and the franchise, etc... Just doesn't sound like a guy who is innocent, defending his words and his integrity. If I told Beans "Go #$%& yourself!" but what I really meant was "Glad to have to back, you're my favorite player!" I would explicitly go over the "mistranslation" and verify what I intended to convey with my original statement. Not just a "It's a misunderstanding, don't worry about that..."

But I don't care if the guy is screwing Monta's girl, b|tch slapping Curry, telling Keith Smart to "Eat sh*t and die", and flipping the fans off every chance he gets - as long as he is playing well and we are winning. But when you miss almost the whole season and suck in what little PT you do get, then have an incident like this... Well, "Go #$%& yourself!" = Correct translation!

All Star
» Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:08 pm
JREED23 wrote:Sounds like there is some side stepping going on here in regards to several issues. I think Beans is trying to put the juke on the fans and the media. I didn't hear a whole lot in the above article along the lines of him completely disowning what he had said, instead he just blankets the whole incident with "that was mistranslated" I call bullsh*t!

He didn't even cover all of the issues that were brought up in the original article - sure he briefly mentions the egoists, trainers, a little about his nellie comments but nothing about his lack of interest in playing long term, his overall apathy for the game and the franchise, etc... Just doesn't sound like a guy who is innocent, defending his words and his integrity. If I told Beans "Go #$%& yourself!" but what I really meant was "Glad to have to back, you're my favorite player!" I would explicitly go over the "mistranslation" and verify what I intended to convey with my original statement. Not just a "It's a misunderstanding, don't worry about that..."

But I don't care if the guy is screwing Monta's girl, b|tch slapping Curry, telling Keith Smart to "Eat sh*t and die", and flipping the fans off every chance he gets - as long as he is playing well and we are winning. But when you miss almost the whole season and suck in what little PT you do get, then have an incident like this... Well, "Go #$%& yourself!" = Correct translation!

Haha, let me catch my breath that was too funny, but I have the same sentiments towards the matter.

Now that Nellie is gone I think Beans is less stressed and now just trying to sweep the dirt under the rug. If he comes out and plays basketball at a high level, he is forgiven.