Bring Jason Richardson back to Golden State?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:48 pm
Quazza wrote:Come on - lying about falling off ya moped is a lil different a couple of felonies wouldn't you say?

I for one, like the way the franchise has gone recently, clearly targeting high character guys (Steph, Lee, Udoh) It reminds me of how Pritchard cleaned out the Jailblazers

HOLY ****!!!

I never knew about the reckless driving issues with Jason, going over 100 kilometres over the speed limit with your daughter in the back is crazy!!! THAT'S FOOLISH IN MY OPINION.

As for bashing his wife (or should i say defacto/X Wife) gotta cut the guy some slack in my opinion, a lot of the time the GUY/FATHER can get in trouble for a simple custody issue... I'm not saying i Condone the practice of beating women. But a lot of the time, the guy cops it on the chin cause a Drunken Hand on Shoulder turns into a stumble for the lady and she knocks her head but in the court of law it ends up being a story that over-exagerated that he had knuckledusters.

I don't know the events that transpired that night with Jason, But i'm pretty sure he punched a big **** off hole in the wall, which in the court of law is a form of Aggression/Violence which equals GUILTY AS CHARGE.

If he had a constant history of bashing his women, then i'd say it's a character issue. But if it's a one off case... Then me as a General Manager would turn a blind eye considering that dude bleeded Gold & Blue for the Warriors for a good 5 years.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:50 pm
Quazza wrote:Come on - lying about falling off ya moped is a lil different a couple of felonies wouldn't you say?

I for one, like the way the franchise has gone recently, clearly targeting high character guys (Steph, Lee, Udoh) It reminds me of how Pritchard cleaned out the Jailblazers

From a law standpoint felonies are seen as worse. From an nba team standpoint, personal issues don't mean much, as long as they don't affect the player's performance, but lying and committing a type of fraud against the franchise, that it dangerous and establishes a lack of trust. Monta, in the eyes on a team owner, now can't be trusted 100%, as he did what he did

Franchise Player
» Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:11 pm
migya wrote:

From a law standpoint felonies are seen as worse. From an nba team standpoint, personal issues don't mean much, as long as they don't affect the player's performance, but lying and committing a type of fraud against the franchise, that it dangerous and establishes a lack of trust. Monta, in the eyes on a team owner, now can't be trusted 100%, as he did what he did

LOL. People tell white LIES all the time.

A way over reaction to the whole scenario bro... Ever stopped to think for a moment how scared these players were of the former regime. I reckon there's no way they would of wanted to lose there payday!

Hall of Famer
» Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:46 pm
PAWNO wrote:
migya wrote:

LOL. People tell white LIES all the time.

A way over reaction to the whole scenario bro... Ever stopped to think for a moment how scared these players were of the former regime. I reckon there's no way they would of wanted to lose there payday!

I was comparing both players' situations and showing that Monta's was far worse towards the team from a business standpoint and unstable team atmosphere standpoint. A player doing what Monta did puts alot of negative attention on the team and makes the pther players on the team have doubts

Rookie
» Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:50 pm
Monta did break the rules in his contract though and made it worst by lying about it

Rookie
» Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:48 pm
So lying about falling off a moped is worse than not lying about beating your wife? The hate for Monta is crazy in this forum. On the court, there is not one person on this team with more heart than Monta which is what matters most. All the bs he went through this year and last, he still showed up and played his heart out every game.

I would of lied too. He didn't get suspended without pay for lying, he got suspended without pay for violating his contract terms. If he told the truth about what happened, he still would have been suspended. If one day any of you do something illegal and the police question you, are you going to admit to what you did or lie? I'm gone lie. This is the same concept.

Rookie
» Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:55 pm
Forgot about the real topic:

J Rich would not be a good pickup for the Warriors. We need a substantial small forward not an almost over the hill shooting guard. My main point is if you're going to replace Monta, at least get someone equivalent or better. J Rich don't play no D and he isn't as good as Monta on O. Yeah he's a better shooter than Monta, but not better offensively overall. The only good trade I have heard so far would be Monta or Igudala (that's the only trade that would make the warriors better, everything else is about getting worse while shedding a contract).

Hall of Famer
» Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:41 pm
cellomac1212 wrote:So lying about falling off a moped is worse than not lying about beating your wife? The hate for Monta is crazy in this forum. On the court, there is not one person on this team with more heart than Monta which is what matters most. All the bs he went through this year and last, he still showed up and played his heart out every game.

I would of lied too. He didn't get suspended without pay for lying, he got suspended without pay for violating his contract terms. If he told the truth about what happened, he still would have been suspended. If one day any of you do something illegal and the police question you, are you going to admit to what you did or lie? I'm gone lie. This is the same concept.

My point was in relation to the team, what Monta did is worse. What JRich did is just a personal issue and has nothing to do with the team, totally nothing. No way is JRich a negative attitude for a team and hasn't been, as far as I've heard.

cellomac1212 wrote:Forgot about the real topic:

J Rich would not be a good pickup for the Warriors. We need a substantial small forward not an almost over the hill shooting guard. My main point is if you're going to replace Monta, at least get someone equivalent or better. J Rich don't play no D and he isn't as good as Monta on O. Yeah he's a better shooter than Monta, but not better offensively overall. The only good trade I have heard so far would be Monta or Igudala (that's the only trade that would make the warriors better, everything else is about getting worse while shedding a contract).

I think, and I'm not the only one to say this as many on here and other sites have said so, that Monta just doesn't make the team any better. He has his strengths, scoring being the best thing about him and he does that very well, but he doesn't make the team win any more than what it would without him. Someone brought up a couple of months ago a stat that showed that the team won more without him than with him last season. That is a real negative in relation to Monta.

I'd prefer to trade Monta and AB to the Grizz for Mayo, MGasol and filler, if the team could get such a trade. I'd throw in a young cheap talent like RWilliams, BW or someone else to try and get that trade. The trade I brought up of Monta and filler to Phoenix for JRich and RLopez would be a good one for the team, as the team would open space for the other players to get the ball a bit more and Curry to be able to be the main guard of the team

All Star
» Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:33 pm
lmao

Come on - If i'm playing in a team, with a dude I know that beats his missus, it's gonna cause more than a little team disruption

Franchise Player
» Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:59 pm
Quazza wrote:lmao

Come on - If i'm playing in a team, with a dude I know that beats his missus, it's gonna cause more than a little team disruption

You used that word in a plural format.

I guess like my mates all tell me.

ONCE A BEATER, ALWAYS A BEATER 8)

Hall of Famer
» Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:18 am
Quazza wrote:lmao

That wouldn't affect me at all. The guy has hit his wife once or twice, he won't hit me, totally different.

If I'm playing on a team with a guy that lied to the owners and FO, what will happen is that there'll be alot of negative media attention, alot of friction between FO and that player, even all the players and just instability within the team.

Franchise Player
» Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:27 am
migya wrote:
If I'm playing on a team with a guy that lied to the owners and FO, what will happen is that there'll be alot of negative media attention, alot of friction between FO and that player, even all the players and just instability within the team.

I guess one issue with lying to a FRONT OFFICE is it depends on whom is your boss.

I reckon Monta would of been straight up honest with a Mark Cuban type leadership, Someone you can respect & admire.

But Come on Robert Rowell, The Moped Accident was around the time of the era when they were ass raping Chris Mullin Publically... They didn't have the balls to fire him, just kept him around and tarnished his name in public. If i was Monta Ellis knowing full well that Gilbert Arenas looked Chris Cohan in the eye & decided to sign with Washington (Cause Agent Zero couldn't trust Cohan) well i certainly would of lied to "PROTECT" my payday.

We've had a very nasty ownership as of late MIGS... You gotta cut the Monta Kid some slack in this regards

Hall of Famer
» Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:01 am
PAWNO wrote:
migya wrote:

I guess one issue with lying to a FRONT OFFICE is it depends on whom is your boss.

I reckon Monta would of been straight up honest with a Mark Cuban type leadership, Someone you can respect & admire.

But Come on Robert Rowell, The Moped Accident was around the time of the era when they were ass raping Chris Mullin Publically... They didn't have the balls to fire him, just kept him around and tarnished his name in public. If i was Monta Ellis knowing full well that Gilbert Arenas looked Chris Cohan in the eye & decided to sign with Washington (Cause Agent Zero couldn't trust Cohan) well i certainly would of lied to "PROTECT" my payday.

We've had a very nasty ownership as of late MIGS... You gotta cut the Monta Kid some slack in this regards

That wasn't the topic of conversation. It was about what affects the team more

Franchise Player
» Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:15 am
Sorry bro...
I guess i missed it when the Subject decided to keep it's training wheels on.

Rookie
» Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:24 pm
I don't hate Monta Ellis, I just think moving forward 1 to 2 years down we will have to trade him eventually. It's not the biggest problem right now as I feel we can win with a Curry/Ellis backcourt but if we want to compete and contend every year for a chapionship, Monta will have to go for a bigger imo.