Bring Jason Richardson back to Golden State?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:48 pm
Just noticed Jason Richardson is an unrestricted free agent next summer. Every true Warrior fan knows what J Rich means to us and the Warriors. He was one of the lone bright spots on our team for about 6 years or so and I'm sure alot of fans were sad to see him traded for Brandan Wright back in 2007. I would love to see him back in Golden State next year. He's still pretty young at age 28 and can give us offense and toughness at the 2. I think he would like to come back as well, we all know he's loyal and a Warrior at heart. At the right price I think having Richardson back in a Warrior uniform would be great.
Last edited by GSW9 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

» Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:22 pm
GSW9 wrote:Just noticed Jason Richardson is an unrestricted free agent next summer. Every true Warrior fan knows what J Rich means to us and the Warriors. He was one of the lone bright spots on our team for about 6 years or so and I'm sure alot of fans were sad to see him traded for Brandan Wright back in 2007. I would love to see him back in Golden State next year. He's still pretty young at age 28 and can give us offense and toughness at the 2. I think he would like to come back as well, we all know he's loyal and a Warrior at heart. At the right price I think having Richardson back in a Warrior uniform would be great.

gosh you just gave me a heart attack with that post title... maybe a title like "Possiblity of J-Rich coming to the Warriors" would be more appropriate... the way you have it, it makes it seem like he was traded.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:25 pm
I'd have him back, but for no more than 7 million a year. He just isn't doing enough to be worth more. I also wouldn't sign him for anymore than three years, the third being a team option. You just never know what he'll be like in a few years, how his knees will hold up.

He definately is still capable and next to a star big and very good PG, which we only have a very good PG, he is at his most effective. The team has to swing a trade next offseason for a real star big, not easy I know, but Monta and AB are the players to try and get that star big

All Star
» Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:53 pm
Man, I thought we actually got him.

Rookie
» Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:49 pm
My bad guys, i'll fix the title.

All Star
» Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:11 pm
I think I missed the original tittle, lol, I wouldn't mind J-Rich one bit he knows were home is. I liked him because he was developing, a home-grown warrior, but his exit for B-Wright was not one of my favorite moves.

Ive heard some were he wouldn't mind coming back to the warriors. For the right price yes, wouldn't be a bad move but we are going to have some nice expires next year and might make some moves/trades, use it to make a bigger splash, maybe Carmelo.

» Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:18 pm
GSW9 wrote:My bad guys, i'll fix the title.

:D Sweet!

as to answer your question, J-Rich was one of my favorite players on this team. I dunno how much he can do, but as a role player, i would be happy to go after him next year.

» Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:06 am
I would love to see him again in Warriors uniform. One of my favorite Warriors player recently. Though, I don't know how big of an impact he would have now, but I would still try to get him.

All Star
» Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:33 am
warriorsstepup wrote:I think I missed the original tittle, lol, I wouldn't mind J-Rich one bit he knows were home is. I liked him because he was developing, a home-grown warrior, but his exit for B-Wright was not one of my favorite moves.

Ive heard some were he wouldn't mind coming back to the warriors. For the right price yes, wouldn't be a bad move but we are going to have some nice expires next year and might make some moves/trades, use it to make a bigger splash, maybe Carmelo.

LMFAOROFLBBQ

Franchise Player
» Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:46 pm
When Jason first came in the league, he was a 2 foot springloading teabagger. Only thing he was good for was the middle page of Slam Magazine.

All his critics, Questioned his value when he couldn't hit the outside shot.

Anyways he has developed that outside shot within the first couple of seasons in the league to the point where his first season in Charlotte he led the league in 3ptsmade. His skill set could be very valuable to this warriors team over the next 5 years. I say bring him back.

Give him a minimum 30 mins a game at either small forward or 6th man & he will give u approx 15 ppg with most coming off the fastbreak or a driving & dishing Curry who finds him on the perimeter for that 3 ball.

It's all dependant on the kind of coin he wants- but i think he's worth a contract at approx 6 million a season which would be frontloaded so he's earning most at start of the contract and getting paid less when he's older into his 2nd warrior stint.

» Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:58 pm
Agreed, Pawno. I'm even thinking that J-Rich could still be a 20+ PPG player here.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:41 pm
It is true that JRich didn't have an outside shot when he first arrived in the nba. Thing is, now he uses not much more than the outside shot and that's a pitty, because he could score in the post quite well for a SG and he could drive to the basket pretty well also when he was last here.

I don't think he'd ever be more than a 15-16pt a game scorer, on a pretty good team anyway, and not more than the third option, but if he was on this current Warrior team, he'd be no more than that. He is better than anyone currently here at SF and though Monta is better than him now, I'm not sure Monta would contribute to the team winning as much as JRich would. That's the thing, Monta is very good at scoring, but hasn't really been an integral part of the team winning much. He was a bit when the team won 48 games and even the season before that when the team made the playoffs, but he had some four or five good players around him and he played off most if not all of them. JRich would fit better with Curry I'm pretty sure and also Lee. I would not be opposed to trading Monta to Phoenix for JRich and fillers, prefer RLopez coming as well. Maybe something like Monta and Gadz for JRich and RLopez, slaries allowing ofcourse, add filler where needed. A three team trade, sending Monta East would be better, but I'd do a straight up trade with Phoenix if I could also.

All Star
» Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:56 pm
this is the same J Rich doing 60 over the speed limit, with his 3 year old in the car yer? And belting his girl?

Pass for me, don't want him back

Hall of Famer
» Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:56 am
Quazza wrote:this is the same J Rich doing 60 over the speed limit, with his 3 year old in the car yer? And belting his girl?

Pass for me, don't want him back

Personal issues aside, he can play basketball pretty good :wink:

Monta also lied about his moped injury, but we still have him and he can play well.

Point is making the team better and done right, JRich could make the team a bit better

All Star
» Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:08 am
Come on - lying about falling off ya moped is a lil different a couple of felonies wouldn't you say?

I for one, like the way the franchise has gone recently, clearly targeting high character guys (Steph, Lee, Udoh) It reminds me of how Pritchard cleaned out the Jailblazers