Thank you and best wishes

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Founder
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:27 pm
I would like to take a moment to announce that Bada, TMC, and Xbay have officially stepped down in their roles as moderators as of this evening. They have been more than kind to stay on board this long until we had new moderators in place, and that time has now come. The new moderators are announced in a separate post, but I thought these guys deserved a post of their own.

All three guys have been moderators here for several years and done a hell of a job keeping the peace. Life changes, and sometimes throws you curveballs and recently I haven't been on the board as much as I should be, or have wanted to be. These guys have literally kept the board running and in one piece in my absence and I will be forever grateful.

While I hate to lose them, they have bigger plans and their own board now, and I wish them nothing but success. They worked their ass off here for several years and I can't thank them enough.

Bada, Xbay, TMC --- Thank you for everything you've done here, best of luck in the future.

Hobbes

» Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 pm
not only did we lose three really great mods, but we lost three really great people. You guys will be missed.

Please visit!

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 pm
hobbes, thanks a lot for the farewell. It has been a pleasure serving you and this community over the past couple of years. I thank you for the opportunity.

It was not always easy and at times ate a lot of hours, but every bit of it was worth it. Met some great people here and I learned a ton from so many people. I know I was not several people's favorite, but often times we had to make some difficult decision for the benefit of the board as a whole, but I always tried to be fair and willing to talk about the issue.

I also would be remiss if I dont give an extra special thanks to TMC. By FAR the best moderator around. He, more than anyone, is the GLUE of this board. I hope everyone that has been around for the past couple of years gives him the thanks he deserves for YEARS of service to this board. TMC, is has been a pleasure working with you over these years and I look forward to our continued partnership.

Xbay, we became mods at the same time and i have to say I thank you for all the support you have shown. Thanks for your openess and honesty (well except for that age thing. LOL ). I very much consider you a friend.

So hobbes, thanks again for creating a great place to talk about our Warriors and I wish the new moderators and GoldenStWarriors.com the best of luck!

-bada

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:46 pm
See ya Later guys,

Best of luck on the new project... I will ring echos of everything that Hobbes has written and say you all did a fantastic job!

Hall of Famer
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:52 pm
Yes, even tho we're starting a project of our own, we'd like to say thank you and show how grateful we are for the opportunity we had to be members of this GREAT community. And I'm sure the news mods, along with hobbes, will do a great job to keep improving it.

As for me, it's been a GREAT ride and I feel like I should thank everybody... but there are 1800 members, so I'll be a bit generic, if you don't mind. I've been here for years, with ups and downs, but I've met a lot of great members, learned a lot from most people and even made a few real friends. I don't think you can ask for more. And as a mod, I was given the chance to do a job I liked and become an even bigger part of the board, trying always to take the side of those that needed it the most, as they don't have the same "voice" a mod has. That's one of the key parts of the job, that you can't think only about yourself, but also have to keep in mind the different members on the board and the rules imposed, so that's my tip to the new mods, that they have to consider all sides before doing anything. And being open and honest about it, everybody will understand and support you.

But I'm digressing a bit... doing that job, I met some great characters, starting with migya, who was named a mod at the same time I was, and later with a magnificent mod in BADA that surpassed everybody's expectations to become the heart and soul of this place. XBay... was not a surprise, because we knew all about him (well...almost!!! :mrgreen: ) when he became one as well, and we all knew he'd do a great job as one. So thanks a lot to all of you as well, guys.

Finally, I want to publicly say thank you to Hobbes, for creating this site, for giving us the chance to join and grow with it and, finally, for the way he's carried himself during these last days, as we all know it hasn't been easy and really appreciate what he did and keeps doing to improve this site and support its members.

Hope this community continues its impressive run and keeps developing and making its members proud of being part of it. Best of luck to all of you, and particularly to the new mods.

-TMC

Hall of Famer
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:57 pm
Pitty those that are leaving are going, but best wishes. Especially TMC, who joined five years ago, like a month after I did. He has been a real pillar of on this forum and a great friend of mine, always understanding of many things, always involved with most thing here, always humble and never making himself more than others. A real great attitude and example of how a person should be

Role Player
» Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:33 pm
Best of luck guys, best of luck.

» Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:15 am
I wasn't able to wish you guys good luck earlier, so I wish you all the best now, though I don't know if any of you still browse this forum.