2nd most injuries in NBA history

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... iors072210

The Warriors missed 501 player games because of injuries last season, the second-most in NBA history since the league began tracking the total 23 years earlier. And they’ve already got a head start on next season: Rookie forward Ekpe Udoh(notes), taken sixth overall in the June draft, hurt his left wrist during a workout within a week of signing his contract with the Warriors. He underwent surgery and is expected to miss six months, sidelining him for much of the season’s first half.

Thought the injuries were bad, but damn, 2nd most in history.

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:23 pm
& this is the reason why i'm a advocate for keeping Don Nelson around. (because it's not Don's fault)

Asking Don Nelson to work a team with that many injuries is like asking Carl Andrews to drive his Nascar around Daytona with a flat tyre, chipped windscreen and a Pizzabox turned into a steering wheel.

Site Admin
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm
Well I agree with keeping don this year, mainly because I doubt there are many coaches in league history that could have won half the games we did last year with our injuries - he is good at getting the most out of a short rotation. But with a healthy roster he is just mediocre at best.

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:46 pm
JREED23 wrote:Well I agree with keeping don this year, mainly because I doubt there are many coaches in league history that could have won half the games we did last year with our injuries - he is good at getting the most out of a short rotation. But with a healthy roster he is just mediocre at best.

Yeah I've wondered before if he's style of basketball brings on some of these injuries.(a lot of these have injuries have happened at training B.Wright, Udoh, D.Lee)

The constant grind of playing Rob Kurz 40 minutes back to back to back!!! (but then again B.Wright, Udoh injuries happened before the season tipped off, David Lee's happened at a different basketball Camp... Hardly can shift the blame to Nelson)

Still if a Professional Athlete if he can't take the bumps and grinds & as much as basketball isn't a contact sport (perhaps they should try out for the Professional Checkers playing circuits)

I just wish that we drafted guys with thicker frames & stopped taking these kids with pray mantis bodies (Wright, Randolph, Udoh all have the shape like they been smoking crack for years)

All Star
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:51 pm
Sorry. There is no goddamn reason to keep Don around. Even if we did have that many injuries last year, what was his excuse when he was giving Kurz more mins than Randolph? Many more examples we've rambled on about 1000 times but I'm sick of it. It needs to stop. Whether or not you think Don deserves another year is irrelevant. Is he the future of our team? NO. Will he be here after next season? NO. Are we even sure he's gonna be here this season? NO. So WHAT IS THE POINT OF WASTING ANOTHER YEAR IN A 100 % UNSUCCESSFUL SYSTEM JUST TO COMPLETELY CHANGE IT UP THE YEAR AFTER? IS ANOTHER 8 SEED THAT IDEAL FOR YALL?

*breathes*

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:07 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Sorry. There is no goddamn reason to keep Don around. Even if we did have that many injuries last year, what was his excuse when he was giving Kurz more mins than Randolph? Many more examples we've rambled on about 1000 times but I'm sick of it. It needs to stop. Whether or not you think Don deserves another year is irrelevant. Is he the future of our team? NO. Will he be here after next season? NO. Are we even sure he's gonna be here this season? NO. So WHAT IS THE POINT OF WASTING ANOTHER YEAR IN A 100 % UNSUCCESSFUL SYSTEM JUST TO COMPLETELY CHANGE IT UP THE YEAR AFTER? IS ANOTHER 8 SEED THAT IDEAL FOR YALL?

*breathes*

Well the more i think about it. in regards to the injuries... I'd be inclined to see him leave.

The reason i wanted him to stick around is because i think the last 2 years he has been dogged with injuries & i don't want him to be remembered as the guy who's legacy was losing after he retired.

& plus there is the fact that all of his players, play hard for Nelson, sure people end up in his doghouse... But even when he & Monta had that rift, it wasn't like Ellis quit on him

I think they'll keep him around... 450 Million dollars for the team, I think they'll be looking to spend money. Not now, but sometime down the track.. But thats just my opinion.

Role Player
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:01 pm
its the Chris webber curse. every since he came back to the warriors,the GSW went down hill

All Star
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:44 pm
The fact is 2nd most injuries in NBA history, because of that I can't blame players too much for horrid record or play, if a player was healthy during this time then props to them. We also cannot forget that the year before we also had injuries throughout the most visible the mo-ped incident.

As far as Don Nelson goes in reference to coaching an injured ridden team, one thing we know, and found out, he likes D-Leaguers and he is not really fund of emotional or shy rookies. Injuries or not he still would have coached the same or in similar fashion, its his philosophy. Don needs veterans, or fundmentally strong rookies or else they won't play period. Warriors messed up by giving him a young team, and the rest was murder she wrote.

To me the season cannot be taken too seriously because the injuries were so plenty, but the warriors can take a few good things out of it moving forward, like the emergence of Curry, but damn a 6th pick from all of this really hurt, Cousins would have been the easy choice, oh well that is the past now.

All Star
» Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:45 am
I'm kind of glad we didn't get Cousins. Something about him is off. He reminds me of another Stephen Jackson.

All Star
» Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:51 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:I'm kind of glad we didn't get Cousins. Something about him is off. He reminds me of another Stephen Jackson.

He's young and immature. That's it. He has ridiculous talent already... Not many players are aggressive as he is in the post. Once he grows up he'll be dominant. He'll probably be dominant regardless....

Rookie
» Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:35 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:I'm kind of glad we didn't get Cousins. Something about him is off. He reminds me of another Stephen Jackson.

And that's a bad thing??? Yeah, Jack can be a pain in the butt, but he produces!

All Star
» Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:56 pm

You take that risk, Cousins i probably already better than Beans, Look at Ron Artest, or even Dennis Rodman in the past those guys were far from normal, in-fact they make cousins look like an alter boy.

All Star
» Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:44 am
True, don't want to be near him when he gets mad though lol. They even had to hire his HS coach to keep him in check.

All Star
» Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:27 pm
we should've drafted him so he could package Nellie's ass to Maui

All Star
» Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:41 am
LilBallerx30 wrote:we should've drafted him so he could package Nellie's ass to Maui

If we had drafted Cousins and Nellie coaching this would have been the result.