C.J. Watson traded to Chicago

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:54 pm
I thought there wasn't a fire sale in Oakland. Sure looks like one to me. Unfortunately, I don't think were done. Beidrins and Ellis are next. Probably get rid of Nelson too.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:55 pm
cellomac1212 wrote:I thought there wasn't a fire sale in Oakland. Sure looks like one to me. Unfortunately, I don't think were done. Beidrins and Ellis are next. Probably get rid of Nelson too.

How would any of that be unfortunate

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:01 pm
We should get Lin, I bet he would sign with us over the Fakers and Mavs.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Don't think Chicago is going to be much better at all. They haven't added anyone that makes much of a difference

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:44 pm
migya wrote:Don't think Chicago is going to be much better at all. They haven't added anyone that makes much of a difference

I don't know...seems to me like they've got a deeper bench now.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 pm
migya wrote:Don't think Chicago is going to be much better at all. They haven't added anyone that makes much of a difference

Opinions on Boozer vary, but the Boozer Cruiser gives Rose a real pick and roll partner - a big improvement over whatever they've had since Rose came to the league. I think they may have been using Deng in that roll (when healthy).

And they have 3pt shooting in Korver and Watson. Would've been more solid if they landed Reddick, but at least they got one sharp shooting white guy.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:02 pm
Oh and bye CJ. i'm not too bummed right now but I'll know more when the FO decides on who to pick up.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:13 pm
Yeah Boozer fan or not, the guy scores and rebounds. Noah can do the dirty work. Perfect situation for him. They actually have one of the most balanced line-ups in the East right now and a top 3 finish is expected

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:16 pm
I'm jumping in on the bandwagon. By the way, I just can't see Boozer pick and rolling

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:19 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:I'm jumping in on the bandwagon. By the way, I just can't see Boozer pick and rolling

Have you not watched him the last few years? Thats all he and Deron do ...

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:23 pm
to tell the truth, no. Jazz, I hate them with a passion.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:22 pm
fine wrote:

Opinions on Boozer vary, but the Boozer Cruiser gives Rose a real pick and roll partner - a big improvement over whatever they've had since Rose came to the league. I think they may have been using Deng in that roll (when healthy).

And they have 3pt shooting in Korver and Watson. Would've been more solid if they landed Reddick, but at least they got one sharp shooting white guy.

Boozer may or may not fit in there. He needs the ball alot and the guy I think will diminish alot is Deng. The rest of the guys there seem to fit in, but I don't think they'll be a top 4 team at least, just my opinion

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:29 am
is Jason Williams available?

Rookie
» Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:49 am
What do you guys think about re-signing Acie Law? I don't think he was given much of a chance here. His stay was very short-lived. Best wishes do go out to CJ though.

As we stand now
pg: Curry/Bell
sg:Monta/Williams
sf:Wright/Williams/Rad
pf:Lee/BWright/Udoh
c:Biedrins/Gadzuric

If not Acie Law, who should we pick up? what to do with our second round picks and the trade exception $?

Rookie
» Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:27 am
Chicago doesn't finish top 3. I say at the very most, top 4. Of course, Magic/Heat/Celtics are the top 3. And the Bulls have gotten a lot better. Adding Boozer was great for them. Especially now, Boozer gets to play alongside a real center (Noah). He never had that in Utah (Okur).

As for a back-up PG, here's a list of free agent PG's to consider: (not in any particular order):
1. Bobby Brown (Clippers)
2. Jason Williams (Magic)
3. Sergio Rodriguez (Knicks)
4. Eddie House (Knicks)
5. Acie Law (Bulls)
6. Jannero Paro (Bulls)
7. Carlos Arroyo (Heat)
8. Shannon Brown (Lakers)
9. Will Bynum (Pistons)
10. Patty Mills (Blazers)
11. Earl Watson (Pacers)
12. Shaun Livingston (Wizards)
13. THE ALL MIGHTY EARL BOYKINS (Wizards)