Moderators

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Founder
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:46 pm
I wanted to update everyone here on some changes happening with the board.

Bada, Xbay, and TMC have resigned their positions as moderators on the site. They are taking their mod skills elsewhere, and with others, will be starting their own Warriors website. The three of them have been the backbone in keeping this site up and running the last several years, and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for their tireless volunteer work. The parting is on extremely good terms, and I wish them all the best in their new endeavours.

As lot of you have noticed, I haven't been around as much as in the past. It may be difficult for some of the new users to believe, but I actually used to be here a lot and run the site all by myself...lol. Luckily, Bada, Xbay, TMC were able to jump in and serve as moderators as things grew and then as things in my personal life changed and I didn't have the time to dedicate to this board as I should have, they basically kept this place afloat.

That being said, we are in the market for a couple new moderators. Please feel free to PM me or email me at jeff@goldenstwarriors.com if you wish to volunteer or if you would like to nominate someone. These are volunteer positions, all you earn is the admiration and respect of your peers...lol.

As things allow, I hope to be here a lot more often in the future and serve your needs. I haven't done that as much in the past and I apologize. I know there are still a few issues with the design. I have been on vacation the last 9 days so I am still working on sorting some of these things out. If you wish to contact me with any concerns, questions, or suggestions for the site please PM me or email me at jeff@goldenstwarriors.com.

Thanks again for your support, and most importantly I want to thank Bada, Xbay, TMC for all the effort they have put in the last several years. Hopefully they will not be strangers here.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:51 pm
Thanks Jeff. Appreciate the kind words and mostly thank you for the opportunity to serve your members.

I want to thank ALL the members here for I think creating the best warriors community out there. I have really enjoyed getting to know all of you (well maybe some more than others :) ) It really has been a pleasure!

At this point however we are looking for a new challenge which will be invigorating. I wish this board the utmost success!

- Bada

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:54 pm
C'mon guys don't leave us! Who's gonna update the spreadsheet?

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:54 pm
Thanks for the opportunity, Jeff. Good luck to your future endeavors and good luck to the future moderators.

- xbay

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:58 pm
Well, this is no easy task, no matter how you look at it. You al know I love this place and that I've been here for a loooong, long time.

So, all I can, and have to, do right now is to say thank to you everybody, our members, who were the reason I started posting here, our AMAZING group of mods, from Migya, to the more recent XBay and Bada, who have helped keep this place running smoothly through all this time, and, of course, to hobbes, who provides this place and has been the only reason we're here.

As hobbes says, we're leaving on good terms, and will remain around for a few days while we finish some stuff that's going on.

Thanks again to everybody for... you know, be there. :D

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:02 pm
Just want to add/confirm something.

I am also one of the creators of the new website..........so I will be leaving also.

Like Bada said, we have had a great community here and I am proud to call many of you great friends.

It has been an immensely tough decision, most of you have witnessed my love and passion for this board for many years..........mostly too my detriment..........but every scrap Ive been in was always (in my head) bourn out of my desire to protect this place and its members.

So again, thanks to all who have made this place what it is over the years............I myself, joining here over 5 and half years ago have seen many people come and go, so I wish the remaining members here good luck in moving the board forward into a new era.

Take care all,

James

Ps: Thank you to Hobbes as well for allowing us/me to find this place so many years ago............and for taking this difficult news so graciously.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:58 pm
i'm confused... i enter and leave this site all the time... are you guys leaving and choosing not to come back? err what? starting your own warrior site?!??!

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:18 pm
I nominate...pawno. :mrgreen:

Founder
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Pawno deserves a special title, I'm just not sure what. :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:56 pm
8th ave wrote:i'm confused... i enter and leave this site all the time... are you guys leaving and choosing not to come back? err what? starting your own warrior site?!??!

Yes, this is our choice. TMC, Bada, and myself will stay on this board until Hobbes finds replacements. Once he does, we will be leaving. We'll still finish the fantasy football draft, but other than that... we're moving on.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:19 pm
xbay wrote:
8th ave wrote:i'm confused... i enter and leave this site all the time... are you guys leaving and choosing not to come back? err what? starting your own warrior site?!??!

Yes, this is our choice. TMC, Bada, and myself will stay on this board until Hobbes finds replacements. Once he does, we will be leaving. We'll still finish the fantasy football draft, but other than that... we're moving on.

can you give us information about this 'website' you're creating?

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 pm
I don't want to be pushy or sound like I'm wanting to make anone uncomfortable, but how did this come about and why? I would just like to know why not continue here

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:38 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:
xbay wrote:

can you give us information about this 'website' you're creating?

Probably not fair for us to do so. Hobbes has the information and really it is up to him whether he wants to share that.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm
are you all "moving on" to the same site? don't tell me you guys are going to WW or GSoM.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:52 pm
8th ave wrote:are you all "moving on" to the same site? don't tell me you guys are going to WW or GSoM.

read the second sentence of the first post