New GM/Coach Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:47 pm
TMC wrote:
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:Dunleavy could be in the mix for GM

timkawakami

Mike Dunleavy Sr. has relationships w-incoming W's owners Joe Lacob & Peter Guber and could be a GM candidate, according to league source.

F*ck.

I'm starting a site called SELLACOB.COM as soon as that happens... :letitallout:

HA HA HA!

What is it with Dunleavy having relationship with this group AND Ellison. One Dunleavy was more than enough for a lifetime.

Role Player
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:51 pm
Why don't you guys like Dunleavy?

He helped build the Clipper dynasty.

Rookie
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:58 pm
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:Why don't you guys like Dunleavy?

You're kidding, right? You just named one of the best arguments for not hiring him! :)

If they hire Dunleavy, it just makes Cohan's goodbye present (not selling to Ellison) even worse. They have to get in proven winners, people who know what it takes to build a winning team.

Role Player
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:12 pm
boleyn wrote:
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:Why don't you guys like Dunleavy?

You're kidding, right? You just named one of the best arguments for not hiring him! :)

If they hire Dunleavy, it just makes Cohan's goodbye present (not selling to Ellison) even worse. They have to get in proven winners, people who know what it takes to build a winning team.

Uh, yeah....I was definitely kidding.

Rookie
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:16 pm
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:Uh, yeah....I was definitely kidding.

That's what I thought, but I just had to check. Difficult to separate irony from stupidity on the internet. :wink:

Banned
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:17 pm
xbay wrote:
auriflama wrote:
bada wrote:
auriflama wrote:brian shaw is an assistant coach for a reason because thats all he can, he is not a head coach. he is a ass-kiss-attendant, hence the word assistant. he is nothing more than a phil jackson yes man.

man auriflama, do you EVER say anything good about ANYONE? Is your whole life THIS negative?

dude dont you think your getiting a little carried away with your comments. dont get personal with me because I touch a nerve. I dont see you saying anything to people when they bash coach nelson. Now thats negative and it goes on and on and has never stopped.

But you seem negative about nearly everything. I've seen a "positive" post once out of every five or six replies. Anything Warriors related to tied/rumored to the Warriors, it's 90% of the time negative. I look at your past posts that are related to the Warriors and can't help but notice how much you bash a player, coach and transaction.

You think its negative because you dont agree with my views, Its called an opinion. I always have good things to say about coach nelson and maybe thats why your mad because of your unmitagated hate for him and thats your right to do so. Yea I bash brad wrong I mean wright and I will continue to do so because he is a bum and thats how I feel. I also feel biedrens is a bum, bell and gondrazek also. These are just mistakes by the franchise or salary cap trades to get out of blunders. i dont like the way this team has been run and I read 100 times worse things on this forum.

All Star
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:21 pm
auriflama wrote:
xbay wrote:
auriflama wrote:
bada wrote:
auriflama wrote:brian shaw is an assistant coach for a reason because thats all he can, he is not a head coach. he is a ass-kiss-attendant, hence the word assistant. he is nothing more than a phil jackson yes man.

man auriflama, do you EVER say anything good about ANYONE? Is your whole life THIS negative?

dude dont you think your getiting a little carried away with your comments. dont get personal with me because I touch a nerve. I dont see you saying anything to people when they bash coach nelson. Now thats negative and it goes on and on and has never stopped.

But you seem negative about nearly everything. I've seen a "positive" post once out of every five or six replies. Anything Warriors related to tied/rumored to the Warriors, it's 90% of the time negative. I look at your past posts that are related to the Warriors and can't help but notice how much you bash a player, coach and transaction.

You think its negative because you dont agree with my views, Its called an opinion. I always have good things to say about coach nelson and maybe thats why your mad because of your unmitagated hate for him and thats your right to do so. Yea I bash brad wrong I mean wright and I will continue to do so because he is a bum and thats how I feel. I also feel biedrens is a bum, bell and gondrazek also. These are just mistakes by the franchise or salary cap trades to get out of blunders. i dont like the way this team has been run and I read 100 times worse things on this forum.

bash them, but provide a constructive arguement so no one accuses you. and also, try praising a player once in a while :)

peace

Rookie
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:19 pm
TMC wrote:
I'm starting a site called SELLACOB.COM as soon as that happens...

(if Dunleavy hired)

I'll support it - but you might want to add another 'L' - or people might think you're selling 'cob' :wink:

Rookie
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:17 pm
AV Dawn wrote:TMC wrote:

(if Dunleavy hired)

I'll support it - but you might want to add another 'L' - or people might think you're selling 'cob' :wink:

lol...

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:46 am
AV Dawn wrote:TMC wrote:

(if Dunleavy hired)

That too. If there's money to make by selling 'cob', I'll be there... I had good teachers, like Robert Rowell, from whom I learned to take advantage of any situation to make money. :wink:

Role Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:44 am
You can cross Rich Cho off the list.

basketballtalk

RT @blazersedge: Rich Cho will be announced today as Portland's next General Manager.

Role Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:46 am
More on Dunleavy as possible GM

1–As mentioned on the Twitter deal over the weekend, an NBA source points out that Mike Dunleavy Sr. has relationships with Joe Lacob and Peter Guber and could emerge as a GM candidate for the Warriors.

That doesn’t mean Dunleavy should be considered a frontrunner or has met with either man or has been promised anything. (I’m told he would probably not be a candidate for the coaching spot.)

But, in the absence of other names emerging, and with Lacob and Guber expected to do some initial takeover planning starting this week, it just means that they’re already familiar with Dunleavy and possibly already have noticed that the Clippers’ roster isn’t in bad shape at all.

How could Dunleavy know these guys? Remember, he worked at an investment company in the late-1980s, so he can speak the same language as Lacob, a hoops junkie/finance guy from way back.

And Dunleavy knows the LA sports/Hollywood/finance guys from his time with the Clippers.

One minor complication: Dunleavy sure wasn’t pleased with the treatment of his son by Warriors management and, you’d think, by Warriors fans. And Dunleavy’s name is not prized in the Bay Area, for similar familial reasons (and Clippers-stink reasons).

But at least the Warriors cleared out Corey Maggette–not Dunleavy’s favorite player–before getting to this point.

Link

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:02 am
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:You can cross Rich Cho off the list.

basketballtalk

RT @blazersedge: Rich Cho will be announced today as Portland's next General Manager.

Bad news, as he's one of the brightest cap guys in the league and is said to have an eye for talent...

Hope we go with Pritchard, then, because there ain't nobody else available with a proven record or a rising profile.

Role Player
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:19 pm
TMC wrote:

basketballtalk

Bad news, as he's one of the brightest cap guys in the league and is said to have an eye for talent...

Hope we go with Pritchard, then, because there ain't nobody else available with a proven record or a rising profile.

Yep. I'm scared that we're going to end up with Dunleavy because this sale won't be finalized quick enough.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:31 pm
GoldenStJayhawk wrote:
TMC wrote:

basketballtalk

Yep. I'm scared that we're going to end up with Dunleavy because this sale won't be finalized quick enough.

Nah, everybody knows the deal is done. I can't see a problem to sign Pritchard right now and make him our new GM once the sale gets approved.

IF the new owners and Pritchard want it to happen, that is.