Andris Biedrins

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:00 am
I feel pretty confident that he can return to his top form. It seemed like injuries were the main reason for his slump this past season. Even though David Lee will be the main pick and roll target this year, Biedrins can also run it pretty well, and with the emergence of Curry hopefully he can get some points from that. Returning his free throws to some form of respectability will also help, as it seemed like he was afraid to get fouled around the basket.

Rookie
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:08 pm
Does anyone think he'll go underhand on his free throws this season?

All Star
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:05 pm
GSW9 wrote:Does anyone think he'll go underhand on his free throws this season?

I hope so!!! I think we got a 50/50 chance.

All Star
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:23 am
Chum wrote:
GSW9 wrote:Does anyone think he'll go underhand on his free throws this season?

I hope so!!! I think we got a 50/50 chance.

That's almost four times the chances that an Andris free throw went in the basket last season. I like those odds.

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Site Admin
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:11 pm
Physiotherapist? sounds like he is reaching a little there. I'm all for the under handed free throws! I believe he could achieve a much higher %. we just don't see it because so many players are concerned with looking cool, but it would take a foreign player to break that stigma. he just needs to ask himself, "What's more embarrassing, shooting granny style or making under 50-40% of your FT's?"

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:44 pm
How hard is it to shoot a free-throw ? Shaq, Ben Wallace, who am i forgetting, its all about touch and focus.

Site Admin
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:20 pm
I imagine it's a little different when your 6'11" +

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:28 pm
JREED23 wrote:I imagine it's a little different when your 6'11" +

Maybe, could be the size of the hands ala shaq, but again look at Dirk, Big men are lucky since their size alone is talent so they generally they don't work on the fundamentals like free-throwing or dribbling.

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:41 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
JREED23 wrote:I imagine it's a little different when your 6'11" +

Maybe, could be the size of the hands ala shaq, but again look at Dirk, Big men are lucky since their size alone is talent so they generally they don't work on the fundamentals like free-throwing or dribbling.

imagine stephen curry in biedrins body. where'd the monkey go? :)

All Star
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:56 am
JREED23 wrote:
GSW9 wrote:If Andris could get back to 11 points and 11 rebounds with a block or two thats all we really need from him. Also he needs get his free throws together. I think Dre will play alot better with a great big man in David Lee next to him and will play well off each other.

If we aren't launching up 3-pters all the time, I'd like and expect Beans' rebs more around 15 or so.

AB may actually get fewer rebounds with Lee and Udoh/Wright in there with him, but team rebounds will be up and that is the most important stat.

All Star
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:25 am
carlgo wrote:
JREED23 wrote:
GSW9 wrote:If Andris could get back to 11 points and 11 rebounds with a block or two thats all we really need from him. Also he needs get his free throws together. I think Dre will play alot better with a great big man in David Lee next to him and will play well off each other.

If we aren't launching up 3-pters all the time, I'd like and expect Beans' rebs more around 15 or so.

AB may actually get fewer rebounds with Lee and Udoh/Wright in there with him, but team rebounds will be up and that is the most important stat.

Udoh doesn't exist so he won't really be a factor ... HOPEFULLY Brandan can stay healthy. He has the length to be a beast on the glass. Still .. if Biedrins can get 10 boards a night, we're good.

Site Admin
» Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:35 pm
I'm excited to see what beans can do with curry running the offense. he always seemed like a good finisher with guys like Baron and Jackson creating offensive opportunities for him (if that's all jackson did when he wasn't jacking up 3's).

Rookie
» Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:51 am
I saw a recent video interview with him, he sounded pessimistic, talking about how old injuries never really disappear completely and that he most likely will finish his career at 30. I don't think we should put high hopes on him.