Andris Biedrins

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 2885
» Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:44 am
Anybody have any updates on how he is doing on the underhanded free throw?

When he was drafted, he was known as a kid who had a nice mid-range jumper. Can he ever develop a pick-and-pop game with both Curry and Ellis?

It was just a couple of seasons ago that Andris was a double-double guy.

Perhaps I am too much of a Warrior homer, but I don't understand why so many people on our board are so anti-Andris, anti-Ellis; and were also anti-Magette and anti-Jackson. I have always been highly critical of the ownership, front office, and coaching; they are the people who had drafted, signed, and/or traded for the players on this roster.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22188
» Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:16 am
AB just has to be healthy and earn his salary. He gets back to a double double, he is doing his bit, but it will be interesting how he plays with DLee now there

All Star
Posts: 2885
» Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:31 am
migya wrote:AB just has to be healthy and earn his salary. He gets back to a double double, he is doing his bit, but it will be interesting how he plays with DLee now there


Agreed.

David Lee gives the team more fire power at the power forward position on offense.

The team still lacks an interior defensive presence (Ronnie T was kind-of that guy). I just cannot imagine a Lee-Biedrens front court taking on Gasol-Bynam...sigh...

All Star
Posts: 1218
» Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:45 am
uptempo wrote:
migya wrote:AB just has to be healthy and earn his salary. He gets back to a double double, he is doing his bit, but it will be interesting how he plays with DLee now there


Agreed.

David Lee gives the team more fire power at the power forward position on offense.

The team still lacks an interior defensive presence (Ronnie T was kind-of that guy). I just cannot imagine a Lee-Biedrens front court taking on Gasol-Bynam...sigh...


That would be the main reason the Ws aren't exactly favored to win the West!

The Ws really, seriously, need a more dominant center. It is THE key to everything, absolutely everything.

I have not heard what is happening with AB, if he is off to Europe to party and wear himself down playing meaningless games, or is he here practicing free throws, learning something at a Big Man's camp and getting rested?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:57 am
Agreed ... as sad as it is to say, Andris is the key to our playoff chances :/

All Star
Posts: 1910
» Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:58 am
uptempo wrote:
migya wrote:AB just has to be healthy and earn his salary. He gets back to a double double, he is doing his bit, but it will be interesting how he plays with DLee now there


Agreed.

David Lee gives the team more fire power at the power forward position on offense.

The team still lacks an interior defensive presence (Ronnie T was kind-of that guy). I just cannot imagine a Lee-Biedrens front court taking on Gasol-Bynam...sigh...


It'll be a lot better than Tolliver and Maggs taking on Gasol and Bynam.

I mean, c'mon. We know we're not going to stop the Lakers. We may beat them if we get hot and they're in an off-night, but otherwise, I doubt very much we need to worry much about building a team to beat the two-time World Champions. Remember: the Lakers get the choice free agents and have a payroll $30 million higher than the Dubs. The game is already rigged.

I'm much more interested in how our front court will fair against the majority of teams out there who don't have two all-stars in the front court.

All Star
Posts: 1128
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:05 pm
I was curious as well.. I can't believe no media members have asked any of these questions. We all want to know if he's going to do it!!!

Rookie
Posts: 118
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:59 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Agreed ... as sad as it is to say, Andris is the key to our playoff chances :/


I agree, though I'm more optimistic. I think given full health, AB can be key. Pitching in 12/10 every night will go a looong way. Frontline D on the other hand...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:03 pm
more worried about his injury. Read somewhere that he recently flew to Canada to a see a specialist about is abdomen
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 37
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:02 pm
If Andris could get back to 11 points and 11 rebounds with a block or two thats all we really need from him. Also he needs get his free throws together. I think Dre will play alot better with a great big man in David Lee next to him and will play well off each other.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1530
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:39 pm
Quazza wrote:more worried about his injury. Read somewhere that he recently flew to Canada to a see a specialist about is abdomen


That's really shitty news. Time to trade for Gortat dammit!
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 4040
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:34 pm
GSW9 wrote:If Andris could get back to 11 points and 11 rebounds with a block or two thats all we really need from him. Also he needs get his free throws together. I think Dre will play alot better with a great big man in David Lee next to him and will play well off each other.

If we aren't launching up 3-pters all the time, I'd like and expect Beans' rebs more around 15 or so.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:21 pm
JREED23 wrote:
GSW9 wrote:If Andris could get back to 11 points and 11 rebounds with a block or two thats all we really need from him. Also he needs get his free throws together. I think Dre will play alot better with a great big man in David Lee next to him and will play well off each other.

If we aren't launching up 3-pters all the time, I'd like and expect Beans' rebs more around 15 or so.


umm, that perhaps is a little ambition there JReed considering that hasn't been done in like the last 13 years.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 4040
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:17 am
bada wrote:
JREED23 wrote:
GSW9 wrote:If Andris could get back to 11 points and 11 rebounds with a block or two thats all we really need from him. Also he needs get his free throws together. I think Dre will play alot better with a great big man in David Lee next to him and will play well off each other.

If we aren't launching up 3-pters all the time, I'd like and expect Beans' rebs more around 15 or so.


umm, that perhaps is a little ambition there JReed considering that hasn't been done in like the last 13 years.
13*
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 130
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:27 am
I can provide you with info since I'm from Latvia and I read sports news regularly. Good news (for GSW) is - he is not playing for our national team anytime soon. In other news - he recently bought a house by the sea and an apartment for his folks =D>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 21 guests