Western Rankings/ Will we make the Playoffs?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1027
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:40 pm
wow that's weird. accidental double post....how did THAT happen?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:50 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
LilBallerx30 wrote:
KC wrote:playoffs?

with our current roster... slim chance...

its gonna take 46-48+ wins to make the playoffs... and i think our current roster is good for 35-40 ( max ) wins...

a lot of things ( everything ) has to go right, for us to make the playoffs... * curry has to take another step forward and play at an allstar level... * monta needs to play more efficient on offense and play consistent ( or just better ) defense... * david lee needs to be a 20 and 10 guy... * andris needs to avg a double a double and improve his FT%... * need solid bench play... * we need to play better team defense... * we need coach nelson to do the right things to help put our team in positions to win... * gotta have good team chemistry... * and we need a whole lot of luck... etc. etc. etc.

not impossible :wink:

power has shifted, dude. West is equal to East now. It'll take around 43 wins, my estimate


How has power shifted? Carlos Boozer leaving Utah?


...well, Amare left too. that was pretty big
and Kyle Korver and Ronnie Brewer

but beyond just player movement, there's also age to take into account.
Jason Kid 37
Steve Nash 36
Antonio McDyess 35
Tim Duncan 34
Chauncey Billups 33
Dirk Novitski 32
Manu Ginobili 32

the teams that have been dominating the playoffs the past five years are all getting a bit slower.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:58 pm
The West as I see it:

1) Los Angeles Lakers
2-4) Denver Nuggets
2-4) Portland Trailblazers
2-4) Houston Rockets
5-7) Oklahoma City Thunder
5-7) Dallas Mavericks
5-7) Utah Jazz
8-11 ) Golden State Warriors!!!!!!!!!!
8-11) Memphis Grizzlies
8-11) San Antonio Spurs
8-11) Phoenix Suns
12-14) New Orleans Hornets
12-14) Sacramento Kings
12-14) Los Angeles Clippers
15) Minnesota Timberwovles
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1768
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 am
As long Nellie still the coach, no chance for playoff no matter how good the players is.....Nellie play no D#
He should retired after palyoff back then.
Just hope that soon the top employee will be replaced, and new owner can do something good for the team.
We as W's fans deserve better than what cohan gave us.....
when we can sit together and talk about winning the championships not playoff.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1027
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:25 am
first off wrote:The West as I see it:

1) Los Angeles Lakers
2-4) Denver Nuggets
2-4) Portland Trailblazers
2-4) Houston Rockets
5-7) Oklahoma City Thunder
5-7) Dallas Mavericks
5-7) Utah Jazz
8-11 ) Golden State Warriors!!!!!!!!!!
8-11) Memphis Grizzlies
8-11) San Antonio Spurs
8-11) Phoenix Suns
12-14) New Orleans Hornets
12-14) Sacramento Kings
12-14) Los Angeles Clippers
15) Minnesota Timberwovles

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Rookie
Posts: 38
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:00 am
34 wins tops.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:47 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:
first off wrote:The West as I see it:

1) Los Angeles Lakers
2-4) Denver Nuggets
2-4) Portland Trailblazers
2-4) Houston Rockets
5-7) Oklahoma City Thunder
5-7) Dallas Mavericks
5-7) Utah Jazz
8-11 ) Golden State Warriors!!!!!!!!!!
8-11) Memphis Grizzlies
8-11) San Antonio Spurs
8-11) Phoenix Suns
12-14) New Orleans Hornets
12-14) Sacramento Kings
12-14) Los Angeles Clippers
15) Minnesota Timberwovles

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:


LAL - duh
DEN - Melo/Billups is a combo from hell. role players all healthy, add's harrington
POR - young core finally gelling this year, had the best draft picks in my opinion
HOU - Brooks/Martin/Battier/Scola/ is a good 4. add yao and they can be great. oh and there coach also believe's defense comes first.
OKC - young core w/ Durant as one of the best players in the league
DAL - aren't going to do as great as every one expects. I don't think Kid's gonna be able to hang and Marion is past his prime. Butler/Novitski keeps them in the playoffs (and no Chandler won't have an impact) - Dallas Dinosaurs...
UTA - as long as D. Will and Sloan are together it's hard for me not to see them in the playoffs. Okur is healthy now too. they did loose a lot of key players though (Boozer/Brewer/Korver).
GSW - yay, bitch
MEM - got a great core, but there all sub-all stars, and I think Z-bo's gonna cause drama
SAS - if dallas is old, than SAS are on their death bed. Manu/Mcdyess/Duncan - at least two of those dudes are going down this year.
PHX - loses arguably their best player in Amare. also Barbosa their six man is gone. also Nash is ****ing 36. just don't see them doing big things this year.
NOL - Okafor and West is a pretty good front court, but they have gapping holes at both swing man positions
SAC - In a few years might be good, but for now, no thanks. I predict teams are going to force Evans to shoot more, which is going to cause problems.
MIN - bringing up the rear... hey what ever happened to Rubio? is he joining them or what? man the 'Wolves have done some strange things in recent history:
*4 first round draft picks (all of them for SFs)
*Signed Darko to a huge contract
*Traded Jefferson for some crap
*two tone wood home court!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:52 pm
I like Houston's chances as well.

All Star
Posts: 1218
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:23 pm
i think it all depends on getting a quality big man. Just don't see AB being big and strong enough, and it is hard to believe all the bigs will be back 100% anyway. And for Lee to be at his best, he needs that big center.

And if the coach does a good job, using all the talent available, then there is a good chance.

I like to think the ownership will just create a different aura around the team, making it more "professional" for lack of a better term. I agree with those who say the Ws will be the most improved team in the league.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22188
» Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:22 am
GSW United wrote:As long Nellie still the coach, no chance for playoff no matter how good the players is.....Nellie play no D#
He should retired after palyoff back then.
Just hope that soon the top employee will be replaced, and new owner can do something good for the team.
We as W's fans deserve better than what cohan gave us.....
when we can sit together and talk about winning the championships not playoff.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:




That's it and this current roster is awful

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 20 guests