Warriors sign Dorell Wright

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:13 pm
I think you guys may have misunderstood what I said. I meant that the Warriors are going to try to mold Ekpe Udoh into a "Luol Deng"-type small forward. Meaning they could use him as a tall 3man with length who defends other 3s...not necessarily good ball handling (but decent), or range out to the 3pt line; but a solid midrange game, the ability to slash, and a good defender in the post and out on the perimeter.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:15 pm
PAWNO wrote:Cook me some EGGS BITCH

lol pawno
love this deal. sorry morrow.
Actually, Ellis trade for a C would be perrrrrrfect right now.
Curry/Williams/Wright/Lee/Monster C

oh. that actually doesn't look too good at SG/SF....we'll see

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:18 pm
Chum wrote:I was just reading the posts about Dorell Wright on the Heat forums. Sounds like they think he's athletic, never reached his potential on the Heat, and is much better suited to play on the Warriors due to our uptempo game. They seemed to like him a lot, there were a lot of "Best of Luck" posts.

Also apparently pictures of his cock got out onto the internet. I didn't check on that though, I figure that's PAWNO's field of expertise :)

I agree with what those Heat fans are saying. Dwyane Wade liked the guy and even went as far as to make sure Wright wasn't traded last season (he was in some trade talks around the deadline as an expiring contract to bring in guys that would get Wade to stay in Miami... I know he was talked about being included in a Beasley trade for Amar'e).

Like I said, he may not be a great starter...and as you say, Beast, Reggie may take the starting job away from him...but this is a really solid pick up and I'm excited about it.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:19 pm
Sounds good, and needed with Maggette and Azu gone. Not to mention AR, a three in our dreams. And, with Williams being able to jump around between the 2 and 3, and with Bell coming back (say yes), that is a pretty darn good lineup if:

Nelson doesn't leave starters out there forever. Nelson goes big and fast, instead of small without the ball. Hey, that came out good. Remember where you heard it....

A center would top it off, the key to it all.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:21 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Cook me some EGGS BITCH

lol pawno
love this deal. sorry morrow.
Actually, Ellis trade for a C would be perrrrrrfect right now.
Curry/Williams/Wright/Lee/Monster C

oh. that actually doesn't look too good at SG/SF....we'll see

Would be nice, but noone is gonna trade a "monster center" [not many in the league] for an undersized pure scoring 2 guard.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:33 pm
Looks like a done deal. Dorell Wright's wikipedia page says he signed on today's date and Steph Curry just Tweeted:

StephenCurry30 Want to welcome the newest Warriors to the squad...D Lee and D Wright. Gonna be exciting next year

Curry/Bell
Ellis/Williams
D.Wright/Udoh
Lee/B.Wright/Vlad
Biedrins/Gadzuric

Our Free Agents: CJ Watson, Toliver, Hunter, George

Rookie
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:57 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Reggie will quickly take the starting job away from this scrub.

you sure do love reggie, but I agree about reggie starting.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:03 pm
Yer right, nice news to wake up hungover too. I like Wright. Good pick up and doesn't seem we had to over pay toooooo much to get him

Rookie
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:15 pm
Its ok signing. Its cheap and you get a guy with good athleticism to replace morrow and buike on the 3 spot as backup. As of right now, I might have to support Beast with Williams starting at the 3.

Rookie
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:39 pm
i like this trade..

=D> Warriors management has actually done something good lately =D>

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:53 pm
gerrard23 wrote:i like this trade..

=D> Warriors management has actually done something good lately =D>

Not a trade, bro. A free agent signing :wink:

Starting Lineup
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:00 pm
I am still baffled with the Reggie Williams love. The guy is a gunner shooting like crap in summer league ... BW gets the same points with half the shot attempts ... not what you want with Beans, DL, Ellis and Curry providing enough fire power at respectable FG%. The DW contract makes a lot more than the "Bobby Simmons" offer for Morrow, some players need a nice new short contract with a change of scenario to find a place in the NBA. Besides having DW start makes sense from firepower off the bench and Reggie playing against second teamers.

Rookie
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:26 pm
dareedle wrote:I am still baffled with the Reggie Williams love. The guy is a gunner shooting like crap in summer league ... BW gets the same points with half the shot attempts ... not what you want with Beans, DL, Ellis and Curry providing enough fire power at respectable FG%. The DW contract makes a lot more than the "Bobby Simmons" offer for Morrow, some players need a nice new short contract with a change of scenario to find a place in the NBA. Besides having DW start makes sense from firepower off the bench and Reggie playing against second teamers.

I haven't really watch much dorrel wright so I gave Williams benefit of the doubt. I fine with either of them starting considering of what we have. If he's good on-ball and help defender kinda ariza type swingman, I hear he has a corner 3 shot like pietrus, and he's athletic, put him in the starting line-up.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:35 pm
Went and checked out some heat forums. The general consensus is that they're sad to see him go and think he'll flourish for us

Well, that and some cock shots that got posted on the net

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:42 pm
Im actually really liking the starting 5...

Curry... Gonna be a great player ( no doubts )... Future AllStar PG
Monta... 1 man fastbreak... Scoring machine... Potential AllStar
Wright... Young and athletic... Strong defender
Lee... 20 and 10... AllStar powerforward
Andris... He's gonna have a bounce back year... Double double center...

6. Reggie... Solid player
7. BW... Chip on his (shoulder)... He's gonna have a solid year
8. CJ... Solid backup PG
9. Udoh... Defense and rebounds

Playoff run?

I'm optimistic

Warriors!