Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:17 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5369932

Around 10 mill for 3 years

Nice pick up...

Young, athletic... Solid defender...

We're having a nice off season... Ditched Maggette, picked up David Lee and now Dorell Wright... And we're getting new ownership...
Last edited by KC on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:26 pm
its like adding 10 pts per game

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:30 pm
Yep. Wright is a solid defender and rebounder, while providing size at the 3 position, something we desperately needed. Also, I think he might be ready to breakout, as I feel he was held back in Miami, partly due to injuries. Not a horrible contract either considering some other contracts free agents are getting this year.

This means that Morrow is probably gone though. Riley needs to stay under the luxury tax and we can't sign both along with a couple minimum salary guys we need to fill out the roster.

Rookie
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:31 pm
i like this pick up!! now we have size at the 3!!

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:33 pm
I LOVE this pick up! With our current starters of Curry, Ellis, Lee, and Biedrins all that was missing was a defensive 3 that could hit from range, and Dorell Wright is EXACTLY that. I was hoping for either him or Josh Childress, had we gone through free agency.

No matter how much I like him, I wasn't exactly ready to just hand Reggie Williams the starting SF job. Wright may not even be a great starter, but I think he's a better option.

LOVE THIS MOVE!

//edit: also add...The Warriors may be looking to turn Ekpe into a 3 ala Luol Deng. Backing up Wright, would keep defense and size at the spot without taking away our ability to run.

Rookie
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:37 pm
I don't know what to think about this pickup. We need a small forward and I used to think he had potential, but he couldn't even start with Miami. Hopefully he thrives in Nellie's system.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:49 pm
Reggie will quickly take the starting job away from this scrub.

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:51 pm
Sounds good!!!

1 mans trash is another mans treasure. No way he was in Miami's plan... with addition of LeBron so we might of got a super steal here.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:53 pm
Please don't think this is a super steal ... it's not. He will be depth.

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:54 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Please don't think this is a super steal ... it's not. He will be depth.

Ok thanks Coach!!!

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:02 pm
E-Man wrote:I LOVE this pick up! With our current starters of Curry, Ellis, Lee, and Biedrins all that was missing was a defensive 3 that could hit from range, and Dorell Wright is EXACTLY that.

I don't really remember much about Wright but I really like your description of him. That is exactly what we need.

E-Man wrote:No matter how much I like him, I wasn't exactly ready to just hand Reggie Williams the starting SF job. Wright may not even be a great starter, but I think he's a better option.

LOVE THIS MOVE!

Gotta agree with this as well. I'm a big Reggie fan, but I like him comming off the bench. I'm also good with Reggie playing as a 2 guard.

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:56 pm
Extremely solid move. Whether it's for depth or hope that Dorell blossoms, the team needed another SF - and now we have one.

I expect the guy to have a Pietrus-like impact, but with better understanding of how basketball works.

Eman - what's this about Ekpe for Deng? Is that a rumor or a suggestion?

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:57 pm
E-Man wrote://edit: also add...The Warriors may be looking to turn Ekpe into a 3 ala Luol Deng. Backing up Wright, would keep defense and size at the spot without taking away our ability to run.

Are you saying you heard this somewhere? I'm pretty certain I'm the only person in the history of mankind to mention this idea.

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:03 pm
Chum wrote:
Are you saying you heard this somewhere? I'm pretty certain I'm the only person in the history of mankind to mention this idea.

Well, That's where your wrong. Considering Chum is really Chumette!!!

E-Man becomes the 1st man to mention this, whilst your perhaps the 1st KitchenWife to bring up this point!!!

Cook me some EGGS BITCH

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:11 pm
I was just reading the posts about Dorell Wright on the Heat forums. Sounds like they think he's athletic, never reached his potential on the Heat, and is much better suited to play on the Warriors due to our uptempo game. They seemed to like him a lot, there were a lot of "Best of Luck" posts.

Also apparently pictures of his cock got out onto the internet. I didn't check on that though, I figure that's PAWNO's field of expertise :)