Warriors sign Dorell Wright

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
bada wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
bada wrote:cya later bayareaallday. outta here.

Wow so any one that defends Monta gets booted that easy, lol, wow Mods, I know you guys have anti-Monta campaign going on here but I have seen much worse things said to get booted. There are things called warning you know. Just because people don't agree with you does not mean cast them off.

please ask questions before you make this kind of statement...

perhaps you missed this part of his post:
And about this "internet beef" ill stomp yo mama how bout that, ugly bitch

But even more importantly, this is a user who has been banned over 5 times.

But even if that was not the case, if within your first 5 posts, you make that sort of comment, then I will be quick to rid the forum of that type.

I do apologize sincerly, I guess the frustration was getting to me, to me it just seem like people are placing blame on Monta for this horrid season. Upon reflection every one has their own opinion and has the right to it, i will fall back a little, maybe get some therapy sections in. Again I do apologize for jumping the gun on you like that. No more Monta talk from me until the season starts, fingers crossed, this will be hard.

We all kind of get attached to players, like a limb on a body, I was getting that way for AR and felt the same for Arenas and Jrich, don't judge me people, lol.

Don't worry about it, warriorsstepup. There's not a problem with people not agreein on something... heck, somebody might want Cohan to keep the team and he wouldn't be banned for that (well... :mrgreen: ).

It's rare when we ban people. It mostly happens to new members that are spammers, trolls or previously banned users that try to register under new user accounts. We try to check all those accounts, but sometimes one might slip by.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:26 am
god it wasn't 32 was it?

actually no, too much violence, not enough smug

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:22 am
Quazza wrote:god it wasn't 32 was it?

LOL, yeah, definately would have had a different "Thou art peasants and I am the lord" kind of tone if it was him.

Also, 32 wasnt banned..............he just left and has stayed away..............thankfully.

Respect to Warriorsstepup as well for his apology. 8)

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:12 am
bada wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
bada wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

Wow so any one that defends Monta gets booted that easy, lol, wow Mods, I know you guys have anti-Monta campaign going on here but I have seen much worse things said to get booted. There are things called warning you know. Just because people don't agree with you does not mean cast them off.

But even if that was not the case, if within your first 5 posts, you make that sort of comment, then I will be quick to rid the forum of that type.

I do apologize sincerly, I guess the frustration was getting to me, to me it just seem like people are placing blame on Monta for this horrid season. Upon reflection every one has their own opinion and has the right to it, i will fall back a little, maybe get some therapy sections in. Again I do apologize for jumping the gun on you like that. No more Monta talk from me until the season starts, fingers crossed, this will be hard.

We all kind of get attached to players, like a limb on a body, I was getting that way for AR and felt the same for Arenas and Jrich, don't judge me people, lol.

Thank you warriorstep up. I appreciate this post.

Thnx for the acknowledgment from you Bada and the rest of the board, and the explanations, as far as the hug goes, man hug are always awkward, no longer than 1 second. lol.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:15 am
TMC wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
bada wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

Don't worry about it, warriorsstepup. There's not a problem with people not agreein on something... heck, somebody might want Cohan to keep the team and he wouldn't be banned for that (well... :mrgreen: ).

It's rare when we ban people. It mostly happens to new members that are spammers, trolls or previously banned users that try to register under new user accounts. We try to check all those accounts, but sometimes one might slip by.

I totally hear you/with a sense of humor, I can say I have a new found respect of sorts for you guys.

Look what I have turned this thread into, I do apologize, no more relies, lol.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:22 am
bigstrads wrote:

LOL, yeah, definately would have had a different "Thou art peasants and I am the lord" kind of tone if it was him.

Also, 32 wasnt banned..............he just left and has stayed away..............thankfully.

Whenever I see a post referencing 32, I have to jump in and say it: I miss that guy.

He was one of the most knowledgeable and prolific posters here. IMO this board lost some of its quality when he left.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:33 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Whenever I see a post referencing 32, I have to jump in and say it: I miss that guy.

He was one of the most knowledgeable and prolific posters here. IMO this board lost some of its quality when he left.

I agree with that NLSISC, 32 was a valuable resource to the board and while he may have butted heads with some posters, he was a wealth of knowledge. We lost a couple good posters at the same time, didnt Colt leave with 32 as well?

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:45 am
"Always" Next wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

I agree with that NLSISC, 32 was a valuable resource to the board and while he may have butted heads with some posters, he was a wealth of knowledge. We lost a couple good posters at the same time, didnt Colt leave with 32 as well?

I agree for the most part. 32 has some amazing posts and others that were downright insulting.

Yes, Colt left at the same time. We tried to reach out to him several times but he just did not respond back.

But ultimately the mod team makes the decisions about who we ban and these guys were demanding the banning long time member and we did not think it was appropriate. Was a tough spot for us at the time but we had to let them leave as opposed to being strongarmed into a decision we did not feel was right.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:54 am
bada wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

I agree for the most part. 32 has some amazing posts and others that were downright insulting.

Yes, Colt left at the same time. We tried to reach out to him several times but he just did not respond back.

But ultimately the mod team makes the decisions about who we ban and these guys were demanding the banning long time member and we did not think it was appropriate. Was a tough spot for us at the time but we had to let them leave as opposed to being strongarmed into a decision we did not feel was right.

Definitely was not trying to comdemn you for those guys leaving bada! Its just unfortunate that cooler heads could not have prevailed on both sides of the blood feud involving those guys. I for one, really miss their contributions to the board.

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:04 am
Definitely was not trying to comdemn you for those guys leaving bada! Its just unfortunate that cooler heads could not have prevailed on both sides of the blood feud involving those guys. I for one, really miss their contributions to the board.

Yeah, neither was I. I miss having him here, but I don't blame the mods for his departure. This is one of the most adversarial forums I post to online, but it's well policed and members tend to stick up for each other and problems rarely blow out of control. There are some hot heads here (myself included), and I've appreciated the loose atmosphere here when posters duke it out. :mrgreen:

All Star
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 am
The thing is... it's not a private clubhouse here. It's a public place, where anyone can say almost anything they want.
While that can get annoying, taking on a Springer show mood at times, it also keeps things interesting.
Imagine only 40-50 of our most frequent posters on a private site. We'd be left to argue about HOW Rowell will be fired.. the finer points of firing him the right way, etc.. We'd be disagreeing while agreeing with eachother... about the same shite over and over and over again... wait... we already do that... lol
just with comic interjections from the peanut gallery.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 am
bada wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

I assume you men "Coltraning", He wasn't bounced though, was he? I thought he was a very thoughtful poster who set a high tone for content. He seemed to get very discouraged with the direction of the franchise at one point and just fell off the face of this board one day.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:29 am
yes, it is Coltraning. No, he was not banned or kicked off the board. Neither was 32. Both chose to leave after we did not cave to their ultimatum of banning someone.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 am
Well, actually 32 left on his own, but he had a few warnings and was going to get banned if his behavior stayed the same... he chose to leave before that happened.

As for Colt... guess he didn't like the direction of the board, because he did it on his own as well, but without any warnings or reason for it.

I miss both guys, 32 for his knowledge (undeniable, albeit his abrasive style was the reason for all those warnings and, ultimately, for him leaving) and Colt for... well, everything. But hey, they were totally free to choose and decided to go other way. Nobody can blame them for anything.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:34 am
Of course 32 did come back briefly and couldn't resist giving people sh-t in even a short time.....
I think he probably lurks on this board, maybe even now. It seems like it's in his blood.
It will be interesting to see if this new ownership brings some old faces back.
I think we could use an elevation of tone. Maybe a little less style and a little more substance.