Warriors sign Dorell Wright

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 am

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:35 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
E-Man wrote:If I'm not mistaken, it was CJ Watson that guarded the best guy most of the time except in the 1st quarter, when Monta guarded them (because he started). And I'd put money on the fact that CJ did a better job defensively than Monta did.

E-MAN... CJ played defense? what are you smoking man?

Haven't smoked sh*t since I was 20, bro. I just think you are underrating CJ's defense. I'm not saying he was lock down in any regard. I don't even think he's a good defender...definitely not a good on ball defender anyway...but his defensive awareness is pretty high. He communicates and can stay with his man. Again, I'm not saying he's a good defender, but I am saying that he was better than Monta last season in the regard that he was more consistent on the defensive end. Like it was pointed out in previous posts, Monta only brought his D against the elite. But even then, CJ had a good amount of time against those same guys in those same games for the simple fact that Don Nelson didn't want Monta expending all of his energy on the defensive end. And CJ brought the same effort on defense against every team.

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:37 pm
Regardless of what CJ's rank on Bada's Defense-o-Meter is ... He came up with a sh*t ton of timely steals that came in handy last year.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:56 pm
I honestly think CJ was our most improved defender last season. He was dreadful the year before, last year he was much improved. much more consistent than Monta

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:01 pm
bada wrote:I honestly think CJ was our most improved defender last season. He was dreadful the year before, last year he was much improved. much more consistent than Monta

CJ plays sneaky midget D....he is able to patrol passing lanes undetected and come up with tons of steals and deflections.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:34 pm
Getting a lot of steals does not make you a good defender. It's a common misconception.

Banned
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm
all of you on this site need to get a grip the whole league knows how special monta is...........cj is a d leaguer and monta is a great player. monta was one of the tops in steals last year playing with maggette at 4 most of the time and ALL of our big men hurt.

Mayo is garbage, ive watched all the summer league and i see NOTHING that will help the warriors. Im just glad none of you are involved in the team because we would trade away good peices and get crap like mayo and thabeet, they suck.

Monta needs to be motivated and if u watched the end of the season, curry got him motivated with amazing play and by the way riley has been kissing montas ass to keep him because not only does he sell tickets but him and curry are the most dynamic backcourt in the NBA. get your heads out of your asses, cj is better than monta COME ON

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:58 pm
bayareaallday wrote:all of you on this site need to get a grip the whole league knows how special monta is...........cj is a d leaguer and monta is a great player. monta was one of the tops in steals last year playing with maggette at 4 most of the time and ALL of our big men hurt.

Mayo is garbage, ive watched all the summer league and i see NOTHING that will help the warriors. Im just glad none of you are involved in the team because we would trade away good peices and get crap like mayo and thabeet, they suck.

Monta needs to be motivated and if u watched the end of the season, curry got him motivated with amazing play and by the way riley has been kissing montas ass to keep him because not only does he sell tickets but him and curry are the most dynamic backcourt in the NBA. get your heads out of your asses, cj is better than monta COME ON

Find ONE poster on this board who has once even THOUGHT that CJ is better than Monta. WTF is up with all of these new posters that are coming in and thinking they are going to crack heads or something. Lets debate, but show some damn respect. Dont come to a board where there are a lot of pretty intelligent posters and call everyone stupid unless you are just looking to get stomped on.

Banned
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
bayareaallday wrote:all of you on this site need to get a grip the whole league knows how special monta is...........cj is a d leaguer and monta is a great player. monta was one of the tops in steals last year playing with maggette at 4 most of the time and ALL of our big men hurt.

Find ONE poster on this board who has once even THOUGHT that CJ is better than Monta. WTF is up with all of these new posters that are coming in and thinking they are going to crack heads or something. Lets debate, but show some damn respect. Dont come to a board where there are a lot of pretty intelligent posters and call everyone stupid unless you are just looking to get stomped on.

ima say like this there is NOT 1 fascet of the game that cj watson is better than monta, monta plays good d and when i see stupidity i call it like i see it. If you watched the games you would see what i see.

And about this "internet beef" ill stomp yo mama how bout that, ugly bitch

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:08 pm
cya later bayareaallday. outta here.

» Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 pm
bada wrote:cya later bayareaallday. outta here.

:D No one talks to the great "always" like that.... CYA!

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

good day to you bayareaallday. [-X

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:12 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

was it this bad last offseason?

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:14 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

was it this bad last offseason?

[-(

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:14 pm
:^o