Why??

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:49 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
E-Man wrote:
TankWatch wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Ehh, if anything this generates more excitement, which brings in more revenue, which makes the team more valuable. I'm sure any new owner woulda been fine with this. Lets not forget AR was coming off an ankle injury, those linger. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes down again this season.

I think some part of us are hoping that AR doesn't go off so we can justify that our FO did the right move. :roll:

I think it was the right move...no need for justification. I'll say it again...While the knicks wanted Anthony Randolph and while he was the meat of the trade, I think that the real loss for the Warriors lies in Azubuike...who knows...maybe Randolph does become an All-Star...but if the knicks miss out on the playoffs and Warriors make it, is anyone really gonna say that we shouldn't have traded Randolph? I don't wanna hear no "Those are big IFs"... Cuz fact of the matter is, there are a few teams in the West getting worse leaving room for any improving teams to make the playoffs, and most of the East is still in tact.

I'm sorry EMAN but i'm gonna say it ... THOSE ARE BIG IFS Adding Lee to this mix does not make us a playoff team. Again, i haven't heard many people saying they are pissed for trading Randolph. Some people have stated that it'd be our luck that he turn out to be a stud, but i don't hear much that the player for player swap is bad. its the adding of the long term contract mainly.

i like BWright more than randolph, thats prob why im not as pissed haha, brandon wright and anthony randoloh, one of em had to go

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:23 am
facue420 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
E-Man wrote:
TankWatch wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:Ehh, if anything this generates more excitement, which brings in more revenue, which makes the team more valuable. I'm sure any new owner woulda been fine with this. Lets not forget AR was coming off an ankle injury, those linger. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes down again this season.

I think some part of us are hoping that AR doesn't go off so we can justify that our FO did the right move. :roll:

I think it was the right move...no need for justification. I'll say it again...While the knicks wanted Anthony Randolph and while he was the meat of the trade, I think that the real loss for the Warriors lies in Azubuike...who knows...maybe Randolph does become an All-Star...but if the knicks miss out on the playoffs and Warriors make it, is anyone really gonna say that we shouldn't have traded Randolph? I don't wanna hear no "Those are big IFs"... Cuz fact of the matter is, there are a few teams in the West getting worse leaving room for any improving teams to make the playoffs, and most of the East is still in tact.

I'm sorry EMAN but i'm gonna say it ... THOSE ARE BIG IFS Adding Lee to this mix does not make us a playoff team. Again, i haven't heard many people saying they are pissed for trading Randolph. Some people have stated that it'd be our luck that he turn out to be a stud, but i don't hear much that the player for player swap is bad. its the adding of the long term contract mainly.

i like BWright more than randolph, thats prob why im not as pissed haha, brandon wright and anthony randoloh, one of em had to go

If he only were able to stay healthy for more than 10 games per year...

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:10 pm
The diff between your guys' opinion and mine is I think this makes us a playoff team. An 8th seed. Pretty much all other teams in the west got worse, other than us...

Rookie
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:32 pm
Beast Mode wrote:The diff between your guys' opinion and mine is I think this makes us a playoff team. An 8th seed. Pretty much all other teams in the west got worse, other than us...

Well, Yao Ming and Blake Griffin are two significant additions to rosters if they stay healthy.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:46 pm
JerrywasaHornedFrog wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:The diff between your guys' opinion and mine is I think this makes us a playoff team. An 8th seed. Pretty much all other teams in the west got worse, other than us...

Well, Yao Ming and Blake Griffin are two significant additions to rosters if they stay healthy.

Not to mention Chris Paul, and OKC got better too. And LA Lakers didn't get any worse, San Antonio, Dallas and Denver stayed about the same (and Dallas could add Al Jefferson any time they want), Portland will get healthy and Sacramento has a good shot at improvement.

So that's Houston, LA Clippers, New Orleans, LA Lakers, San Antonio, Dallas, Denver, Portland and Sacramento who either got better, stayed the same or have a good shot at improvement next season due to returning young talent (or new young talent).

I think that the Warriors need to make one more significant move before the offseason is over before they can consider themselves a playoff team next year, or at least can consider themselves a serious playoff contender. And yes, firing Don Nelson and hiring a good coach could count as a significant move.

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:48 pm
^ Agreed. I'd still like to see a new coach before the season starts, along with Biedrins leaving... but we're not gonna get a quality C in return ... and Udoh probably just got a career ending injury .... so we almost have to hold on to him.

Rookie
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:55 pm
Beast Mode wrote:^ Agreed. I'd still like to see a new coach before the season starts, along with Biedrins leaving... but we're not gonna get a quality C in return ... and Udoh probably just got a career ending injury .... so we almost have to hold on to him.

The thing is its hard to replace a double-double, athletic, and with soft hands young center who gets unfairly written off by people because of one injury season. I mean come on give the guy at least one more season. If he feels uncomfortable with granny-style free throws, lets get moncrief to teach free throws again. I rather have ol' beans back than whatever nelson is forcing him to be.
Last edited by TankWatch on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:03 pm
Beast Mode wrote:^ Agreed. I'd still like to see a new coach before the season starts, along with Biedrins leaving... but we're not gonna get a quality C in return ... and Udoh probably just got a career ending injury .... so we almost have to hold on to him.

I agree about wanting a new coach, but I'd like to see Biedrins play alongside Lee before any decisions are made to ship him off. I think he should benefit from Lee's presence...as well as Gadzuric's off the bench. He should be able to find his role better with those additions.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:15 pm

I agree about wanting a new coach, but I'd like to see Biedrins play alongside Lee before any decisions are made to ship him off. I think he should benefit from Lee's presence...as well as Gadzuric's off the bench. He should be able to find his role better with those additions.

I completely agree with the above statement. I had wanted to trade Biedrins earlier this offseason, but I think he is a great fit next to Lee on the inside. With Lee and Biedrins I think we have two high energy big men starting who are both considered by some to be a few of the top rebounders in the NBA. Plus Beans doesn't need shots to be happy and he can block some shots on the defensive side. Gadzuric talked in his welcoming interview about how he thinks he fits well into the uptempo style and he hopes he can contribute some high energy play and block some shots. That statement makes me want to see if he actually can.

I think the next guy that needs to go is Monta. If we can unload Monta then we can officially say goodbye to this small ball crap by starting Williams at SG (or maybe whoever we get in the trade). Plus if we can unload Monta then we will have officially separated ourselves from all of the high ego and bad attitude guys on the roster (more important than some may think).

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:40 pm
Tarantism wrote:

I completely agree with the above statement. I had wanted to trade Biedrins earlier this offseason, but I think he is a great fit next to Lee on the inside. With Lee and Biedrins I think we have two high energy big men starting who are both considered by some to be a few of the top rebounders in the NBA. Plus Beans doesn't need shots to be happy and he can block some shots on the defensive side. Gadzuric talked in his welcoming interview about how he thinks he fits well into the uptempo style and he hopes he can contribute some high energy play and block some shots. That statement makes me want to see if he actually can.

I think the next guy that needs to go is Monta. If we can unload Monta then we can officially say goodbye to this small ball crap by starting Williams at SG (or maybe whoever we get in the trade). Plus if we can unload Monta then we will have officially separated ourselves from all of the high ego and bad attitude guys on the roster (more important than some may think).

:D Agreed again.

We no longer need Monta. Unless he's willing to play 3rd fiddle.

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:46 pm
Tarantism wrote:

Agree with what y'all are saying...especially that last part which I bolded.

What if we could trade Monta for Iggy...that way we play Iggy at 3 with Williams starting at 2 and DWright coming in off the bench. Or we can go bigger and start Iggy at the 2 with DWright at the 3. I'm just thinkin...trading Monta for a combo wingman gives us more options.

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:51 pm
That sounds sexy ... I've always been a fan of Iguodala back to his Arizona days .. he's just exciting to watch.

PG Curry
SG Williams
SF Iguodala
PF Lee
C Biedrins

that sounds like playoffs

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:19 pm
That is a good lineup and I would certainly go for an Iggy/Monta swap...though I would like a little bit more three point shooting. I know Curry can hit the three, but Williams is probably just average and Iguodala has never been billed as a shooter.

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:29 pm
As I stated previously, I like the trade. Randolph has done nothing, yet. Lee has. I rather go for a bird in the hand than 3 in the bush. The road to failure is line with potential. The Warriors can no longer wait for potential. As much as i hate losng Azu, Reggie Williams and Wright should help ease that pain. Lee should also make Biedrins abetter player by relieving him of low-post scoring pressure. Overall, I think it was a great trade for the Warriors.

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:33 pm
Tarantism wrote:That is a good lineup and I would certainly go for an Iggy/Monta swap...though I would like a little bit more three point shooting. I know Curry can hit the three, but Williams is probably just average and Iguodala has never been billed as a shooter.

Williams can be a 40% guy, Curry already is better than that ... and Iguodala is over 35% I believe ... you don't need much more than that. Lakers had what, 2 good shooters? Boston had 2 ... We know that Radmonovic is gonna chuck when he's out there .. I just rather someone like Iguodala start at the 3 than a nice 3 pt shooter that ends up being a defensive liability