Mayo + Thabeet for Ellis trade rumor up again?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Rookie
Posts: 16
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:08 pm
I know there was one b4 the trade deadline.. but maybe this cud be r chance to land our SG and a backup center.. i really want to do this..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4176 ... r-warriors

All Star
Posts: 3173
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:12 pm
That would be a great trade for Monta, get in where you fit in.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 407
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:25 pm
In the article, it says this would be a chance for the Warriors to get a big guard, but Mayo isn't a big guard at 6'4.

This is from an article about Mayo wanting to play the point guard position instead.

Plus, Mayo was often overpowered by longer, stronger shooting guards last season. Mayo struggled to defend and score against bigger opponents.

Mayo pointed out the Feb. 26 game Memphis lost to the Charlotte Bobcats as a prime example. Stephen Jackson exploded for 32 points mostly opposite Mayo. Near the end of the game, Hollins had no choice but to bench Mayo in hopes of containing Jackson.

"Stephen Jackson was backing me down and hitting jump shots," Mayo said. "For the first time in my entire life I had to sit down at the end of a game because I couldn't guard my man. From that day on, I was like, 'I have to get better at ball handling and being a lead guard.' There may be a ceiling for me at shooting guard. Every night I'm battling guys 6-6, 6-7 and it's kind of tough for me."


He admits that he has a tough time guarding most SGs. Still want him as your 2?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:29 pm
don't trust the bleacher report... they aren't real journalists.

nah man mayo and thabeet < monta. both in what they can produce on the court and financially.

Rookie
Posts: 16
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:33 pm
i think Monta needs to move on cuz

1) His home is in Memphis... Who doesnt want to play for their hometown?
2) Monta is a point guard, not a shooting guard... and Memphis needs one
3) Monta sometimes takes too many shots and loses costly possessions :banghead:
4) :D Dubs are now focusing on Curry as their franchise player now :D

I think OJ Mayo will look good in a Warriors jersey.. and he'll do fine here.. HOPEFULLY IF HE GETS HERE at least


Come here to the Bay, Mayo!!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:20 pm
I think people are underrating Mayo. He's a 2 Guard that can also be a second point guard seeing as he isn't selfish. I'd do this trade RIGHT NOW. More flexibility with the roster, Thabeet is a project but he can get a few minutes a night to play D next to Lee ... I've always been a huge Mayo fan so yeah this would make me even happier. Anything to get Monta as far away from Stephen as possible.

Rookie
Posts: 42
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:25 pm
I'm starting to think a lot of people on this forum don't know crap about basketball. OJ Mayo is worse in every aspect of the game except shooting, yet you would prefer him over Ellis? Did you guys even watch basketball last season? The reason Montae was a ball hog is because he was being coached to do so. Yall really think he wanted to play 48 minutes a game and be the scapegoat to try and score when nothing was going right? Can't blame Montae for a coaching flaw. That's what Nelson wanted, he said it himself. So lets get a second rate Montae Ellis and the first second pick in NBA history to be demoted to the d league in his rookie year just to free up some cap space. Lets not try and win.

You guys are just like Cohan, you want to trade away the whole team every year.

For those talking about scoring percentage, he scores at almost an identical percentage to Kobe Bryant, maybe the Lakers should trade him for not being efficient.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 127
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:58 pm
cellomac1212 wrote:I'm starting to think a lot of people on this forum don't know crap about basketball. OJ Mayo is worse in every aspect of the game except shooting, yet you would prefer him over Ellis? Did you guys even watch basketball last season? The reason Montae was a ball hog is because he was being coached to do so. Yall really think he wanted to play 48 minutes a game and be the scapegoat to try and score when nothing was going right? Can't blame Montae for a coaching flaw. That's what Nelson wanted, he said it himself. So lets get a second rate Montae Ellis and the first second pick in NBA history to be demoted to the d league in his rookie year just to free up some cap space. Lets not try and win.

You guys are just like Cohan, you want to trade away the whole team every year.

For those talking about scoring percentage, he scores at almost an identical percentage to Kobe Bryant, maybe the Lakers should trade him for not being efficient.


Yep Ellis has been the scapegoat since the year ended. With Riley giving him cold treatment. Obviously right now ellis>mayo but might be different in the future. Sure hell mayo isn't even better defender than monta. Don't even talk thabeet cause we have nelson. I been optimistic about the trade during the season and still now. This all fall back on how good Mayo can really be.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:19 pm
Mayo not be as offensively gifted [scoring wise] as Monta, but he won't interrupt the offense the way Monta does. Mayo would gladly play 2nd or 3rd fiddle. That's the difference. Monta thinks he is the #1 guy, the leader (as he should, he's one of the last guys left) ... but moving him would only further clarify this is Steph's team.

Barring a sudden change from the Monta of now to the Monta of 2008, he needs to be moved.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1027
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:22 pm
Hard choice. SG trying to become a PG <--------NOT HAPPENING
Score- first mentality doesn't leave you that easily. Thabeet has an arguement against him too, but I'm to lazy to remember why. It sounds good though.

Rookie
Posts: 77
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:47 pm
First of all, it's spelled MONTA, not MONTAE. And, of course he was forced to play 48 minutes at times. But, that shouldn't give him the right to ball hog and throw up stupid shots. And, your point is retarded. Coached to ball hog? I don't think coaches coach their players to ball hog. Players choose to ball hog. And thas exactly what Monta does. He still thinks he's the #1 guy here. He's not. It's obvious that Curry is our guy. But Monta has too much pride to admit it.

In regards to this trade, I wouldn't mind taking this trade. It give us more finanical flexibility by getting rid of a long term contract that we don't want. Gettin younger players makes this deal more appealing to me as well. Although Nelson is still our coach, there's a chance that he would start Thabeet and Lee in the frontcourt. We'd still have a short 2 guard in Mayo but I'd take it cuz he's a way better shooter than Monta and can probably set up his teammates better than Monta as well.

Starting 5

PG Curry
SG Mayo
SF Morrow/Willaims
PF Lee
C Thabeet
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:59 pm
cellomac1212 wrote:I'm starting to think a lot of people on this forum don't know crap about basketball. OJ Mayo is worse in every aspect of the game except shooting, yet you would prefer him over Ellis? Did you guys even watch basketball last season? The reason Montae was a ball hog is because he was being coached to do so. Yall really think he wanted to play 48 minutes a game and be the scapegoat to try and score when nothing was going right? Can't blame Montae for a coaching flaw. That's what Nelson wanted, he said it himself. So lets get a second rate Montae Ellis and the first second pick in NBA history to be demoted to the d league in his rookie year just to free up some cap space. Lets not try and win.

You guys are just like Cohan, you want to trade away the whole team every year.

For those talking about scoring percentage, he scores at almost an identical percentage to Kobe Bryant, maybe the Lakers should trade him for not being efficient.


So you come on here saying people on this forum don't know crap about basketball but yet you can't even spell the name of the person you are defending?

Anyway, I take offense to that considering you have been part of this community for like a week. We have had intelligent and two sided conversations about Ellis for the past two years. How about you spend a few hours reading the history of those conversations before casting judgement on these members. I think you might learn something.

Scores as efficient as Kobe? Seriously? And you are accusing US of not knowing basketball?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1768
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 pm
bada wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:I'm starting to think a lot of people on this forum don't know crap about basketball. OJ Mayo is worse in every aspect of the game except shooting, yet you would prefer him over Ellis? Did you guys even watch basketball last season? The reason Montae was a ball hog is because he was being coached to do so. Yall really think he wanted to play 48 minutes a game and be the scapegoat to try and score when nothing was going right? Can't blame Montae for a coaching flaw. That's what Nelson wanted, he said it himself. So lets get a second rate Montae Ellis and the first second pick in NBA history to be demoted to the d league in his rookie year just to free up some cap space. Lets not try and win.

You guys are just like Cohan, you want to trade away the whole team every year.

For those talking about scoring percentage, he scores at almost an identical percentage to Kobe Bryant, maybe the Lakers should trade him for not being efficient.


So you come on here saying people on this forum don't know crap about basketball but yet you can't even spell the name of the person you are defending?


hahahah here's my man.....

well...rookies syndrome happen all the time...look at skin but not the flesh.
wise people talk less....
Go get em Bada....hahahhaha....



Anyway, I take offense to that considering you have been part of this community for like a week. We have had intelligent and two sided conversations about Ellis for the past two years. How about you spend a few hours reading the history of those conversations before casting judgement on these members. I think you might learn something.

Scores as efficient as Kobe? Seriously? And you are accusing US of not knowing basketball?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:42 pm
bada wrote:
cellomac1212 wrote:I'm starting to think a lot of people on this forum don't know crap about basketball. OJ Mayo is worse in every aspect of the game except shooting, yet you would prefer him over Ellis? Did you guys even watch basketball last season? The reason Montae was a ball hog is because he was being coached to do so. Yall really think he wanted to play 48 minutes a game and be the scapegoat to try and score when nothing was going right? Can't blame Montae for a coaching flaw. That's what Nelson wanted, he said it himself. So lets get a second rate Montae Ellis and the first second pick in NBA history to be demoted to the d league in his rookie year just to free up some cap space. Lets not try and win.

You guys are just like Cohan, you want to trade away the whole team every year.

For those talking about scoring percentage, he scores at almost an identical percentage to Kobe Bryant, maybe the Lakers should trade him for not being efficient.


So you come on here saying people on this forum don't know crap about basketball but yet you can't even spell the name of the person you are defending?

Anyway, I take offense to that considering you have been part of this community for like a week. We have had intelligent and two sided conversations about Ellis for the past two years. How about you spend a few hours reading the history of those conversations before casting judgement on these members. I think you might learn something.

Scores as efficient as Kobe? Seriously? And you are accusing US of not knowing basketball?




I know it's cliche and played but.......lol - Owned

Starting Lineup
Posts: 886
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:36 am
Seems to me like somebody remembered that this deal was on the table around the deadline, sees that we are trading a lot of the high paid guys on the roster and made up some report about us still being interested.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests