Mayo + Thabeet for Ellis trade rumor up again?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:47 pm
^ no homo.

What do you mean whats gotten into me? I made a simple little joke and people twist and turn it around to try and make me look like an ass. I didn't know the word "Shablam" was so offensive to some of yall ... maybe "Kablam!" is better? :)

Rookie
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:12 pm
i can't be mad at "Kablam!" Its easily my favorite onomatopoeia

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:16 pm
Beast Mode wrote:^ no homo.

What do you mean whats gotten into me? I made a simple little joke and people twist and turn it around to try and make me look like an ass. I didn't know the word "Shablam" was so offensive to some of yall ... maybe "Kablam!" is better? :)

Beast, don't you know how the off season works 'round these parts? Offseason is time for bitching about anything possible, especially other posters. It's our moment of sensitivity, a collective Warrior fan period if you will.

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:19 pm
i dunno man... i don't ever notice who you're talking to so maybe it's jsut to one person, but i always catchu talkin hella ****

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:33 pm
I have nfi what's going on in half these threads right now

none. zilch. nada

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:36 pm
i don't either, but i'm up over 3000 posts now... there was a point where i thought that would never happen.

Role Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:04 pm
Can we seriously stop talking about trying to trade for Thabeet. EVAR.

Going to be one of the biggest busts at #2 ever.

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm
drazz wrote:Can we seriously stop talking about trying to trade for Thabeet. EVAR.

i think the no. 2 biggest bust is in my sig 8)

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:14 pm
8th ave wrote:
drazz wrote:Can we seriously stop talking about trying to trade for Thabeet. EVAR.

HOLY TITS.

*that ones for Rob*

Role Player
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:15 pm
8th ave wrote:

LOL.

Rookie
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:02 pm
Cellomac said:
For those talking about scoring percentage, he scores at almost an identical percentage to Kobe Bryant, maybe the Lakers should trade him for not being efficient.
Then:About the Kobe line, I'm specifically talking about the percentage he scores at (LIKE ORIGINALLY STATED IN THE ORIGINAL POST, don't change my words to make your statement look better), look it up if you don't believe me.

I laughed when you allude to Monta being as efficient as Kobe, because he’s not , by quite a bit.
Then I saw your only gauge of efficiency was field goal % and then I understood your confusion.. Field goal% is hardly the best way to measure real efficiency. If you want to hang around this board long enough to have a real discussion about matters , such as efficiency. You’ll have to do a bit more work, and when you learn a little more what your talking about, you’ll realize how tolerant Bada is being with you. Your countering by comparing wins and loses in games when Kobe was or was not playing, was also a completely useless analogy.

I really need to remember this is writing so people don't catch sarcasm well. In no way is Monta as efficient as Kobe. That's not what I'm trying to say. I was just being an A-hole and pointing out one of the best scorers in the league shoots at a similar percentage to our very own Monta. When people call Monta a volume shooter, my response is "volume shooters don't make close to 50% of their field goals. I admit that Kobe at 30% fg% is more efficient than Monta at 50% because every thing else he does so great. Basically, I'm not confused about what I'm saying, I'm confusing everyone else about what I'm saying. It was a response to blatantly be an A-hole about the situation...That's it.

Bada said,
So how do you account for the fact that we won at a greater % without Monta in the lineup, we scored more and more effeciently without monta in the lineup, we gave up less points and a better defensive FG % without Monta in the lineup, and our assist #'s went through the roof without Monta in the lineup. Regardless of whether it was Monta doing it himself OR him being dictated to play that way, the fact remains we played MUCH better without him. Stats say it and the eyes CLEARLY says it. So it shows he is not vital to our success... given that plus being undersized, displaying zero leadership skills and being a terrible defender, why would I not want to move him if it makes us better.

Do you understand that’s not a joke? Monta’s a black hole who doesn’t distribute much and attempts a high volume of low % shots. His possessions could be better utilized by any one of a number of other teammates’ fact almost every OTHER teammate except Stephen Jackson, and Radmonovich. As incredulous as that might seem to you.

Again, I don't believe this to be Monta's fault. Get rid of Nelson, install a team first concept, and then judge Monta on weather or not he fits in as a team player. Until then, I can't fault him for doing what he is told to do. This was what Nelson wanted, admittedly.

Maybe you didn't watch which may be the reason you think Monta's decision to score as often as possible was his idea alone. Monta has never played this type of selfish basketball before, therefore I don't fault him and fault the coaching instead.
Now, Curry and Monta have formed a great friendship and believe they can be successful playing together, but the fans don't so lets trade away Monta and watch him become the status of Gilbert Arenas and suffer the pain all over again.

You’re wrong, Monta has had a history of being a ball hog all the way up to the pros. Someone will provide a scouting report for you, as it is brought forward on this board from time to time. The only time he wasn’t selfish was when he was breaking into the Warriors.
Yes you have faith that Monta will tone down and correct his bad habits, maybe he will. But you have to understand when somebody gives you hard statistical facts to support his argument and you come back with saying, "Oh but I think it won’t be this way if blah, blah, blah., it doesn’t really mean sh-t, no matter how certain you come off saying it.

Any high school Superstar that has came straight into the NBA was a hog in high school. Otherwise they would have had to go to college because they weren't impressive enough for NBA recognition.

Sorry but Lee scores a lot based on the fact that he's always around the ball and chooses to out hustle everyone, not his god given offensive talent. Monta is the ultimate option to have on the Warriors.

What?? What does God given talent got top do with anything? Just to give you some new information, Lee has gone through the regression in shooting efficiency Monta has. In Lee’s progression from becoming a 13 pt. to 20 pt scorerr, his TS% has gone from .650 down to .580. But this is STILL vastly superior to Monta’s TS% of .518.

58% is amongst the highest in the league. He makes the shots he takes because when he chooses to shoot, it's normally a high percentage shot for him. Don't expect him to be that player we give the ball to and just sit back and watch him light it up. Though Lee's offensive numbers are extraordinary, it doesn't really paint an accurate picture of how good his offensive skill set is. Stoudemire is in New York because you can pass him the ball at the end of the game and expect him to have a chance at scoring. David Lee doesn't have that ability and is no where near Monta when it comes to scoring ability.

OK, I’ll give you credit, your not such a Monta homer that you don’t realize that Iggy for Monta would be an excellent trade for us.

I’ll forgive that your sh-tty attitude and assume maybe your just trying to make your points, and a good offense is the best defense.. Keep in mind, the mods are trying to encourage open dialog and free exhange of ideas, and sometimes educating a fool is a thankless task.

Good point, maybe I'll tune down the attitude a little over time. But it has been extremely hard to do when people only respond to take a shot at me. Every one of my posts have had valid reasons to why I feel the way I do, yet most responses I get is "Owned by Bada."

.[/quote]

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:08 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:i don't either, but i'm up over 3000 posts now... there was a point where i thought that would never happen.

Congratz on 3000 posts Rob!

All Star
» Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:52 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
8th ave wrote:

HOLY TITS.

*that ones for Rob*

well played my friend =D> well played

and Chum, thanks man!

Site Admin
» Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 pm
This thread is reality tv on VH1... lol there are like 7 different battles taking place at once...