Lee to Warriors offer on table

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:44 am
hey guys, I havent been on here in awhile but because im also a knick fan I wanted to give u my perspective of Lee. I was one of the few knick fans who did not like Lee when he was in New York because of his weak defense, mediocre post moves, lack of strength, and soft attitude. Every game Lee will complain to refs about foul calls, sometimes not getting back on D to argue. He can't guard anyone in the NBA and is truly one of the worst defenders in the league. Offensively he has tremendously improved, changing from a hustle player into a solid big man with a good mid range shot. Like I already said though, his post moves are mediocre and most of his points come in pick and roll which he is very good at. His passing skills are also improving but his numbers were inflated because he had to run the offense at times. He has however an elite rebounder which is easily his best attribute. Overall your getting a guy that will crash the boards, hit mid range shots, run an efficient pick and roll, but play no defense, bitch at refs, and will put up far lower numbers than he did last year if he isn't the #1 option every night.

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:56 am
jimbob631 wrote:hey guys, I havent been on here in awhile but because im also a knick fan I wanted to give u my perspective of Lee. I was one of the few knick fans who did not like Lee when he was in New York because of his weak defense, mediocre post moves, lack of strength, and soft attitude. Every game Lee will complain to refs about foul calls, sometimes not getting back on D to argue. He can't guard anyone in the NBA and is truly one of the worst defenders in the league. Offensively he has tremendously improved, changing from a hustle player into a solid big man with a good mid range shot. Like I already said though, his post moves are mediocre and most of his points come in pick and roll which he is very good at. His passing skills are also improving but his numbers were inflated because he had to run the offense at times. He has however an elite rebounder which is easily his best attribute. Overall your getting a guy that will crash the boards, hit mid range shots, run an efficient pick and roll, but play no defense, bitch at refs, and will put up far lower numbers than he did last year if he isn't the #1 option every night.

Thanks for the perspective Jimbob. Couple of points:

1- His mid range is damn good. For all forwards and centers that took at least 4 shots per game from the 16-23 foot range, his shooting % was top 5
2- He may not have great back to the basket post moves, but for all power fowards and centers, he has more shot attempts per game AT THE RIM (meaning within 1 foot of the rim) than ANYONE other than Zach Randolph. More than Dwight Howard, Stoudamire, Boozer, Bynum, Lopez, etc. So no matter how he does it, he is very effective at getting to the rim.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:47 am
bada wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:hey guys, I havent been on here in awhile but because im also a knick fan I wanted to give u my perspective of Lee. I was one of the few knick fans who did not like Lee when he was in New York because of his weak defense, mediocre post moves, lack of strength, and soft attitude. Every game Lee will complain to refs about foul calls, sometimes not getting back on D to argue. He can't guard anyone in the NBA and is truly one of the worst defenders in the league. Offensively he has tremendously improved, changing from a hustle player into a solid big man with a good mid range shot. Like I already said though, his post moves are mediocre and most of his points come in pick and roll which he is very good at. His passing skills are also improving but his numbers were inflated because he had to run the offense at times. He has however an elite rebounder which is easily his best attribute. Overall your getting a guy that will crash the boards, hit mid range shots, run an efficient pick and roll, but play no defense, bitch at refs, and will put up far lower numbers than he did last year if he isn't the #1 option every night.

Thanks for the perspective Jimbob. Couple of points:

1- His mid range is damn good. For all forwards and centers that took at least 4 shots per game from the 16-23 foot range, his shooting % was top 5
2- He may not have great back to the basket post moves, but for all power fowards and centers, he has more shot attempts per game AT THE RIM (meaning within 1 foot of the rim) than ANYONE other than Zach Randolph. More than Dwight Howard, Stoudamire, Boozer, Bynum, Lopez, etc. So no matter how he does it, he is very effective at getting to the rim.

2 very informative posts.
Thank You!

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:07 pm
A little more on Lee.. I bet you didn't know he danced for Tenacious D, or had a beard, or was short :) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lDhhMo ... re=related

... hey the youtube code doesn't work any longer.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:58 pm
Chum wrote:... hey the youtube code doesn't work any longer.

Yeah, it's all due to the upgrade. It will have to be installed again.

Rookie
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:58 pm
8th ave wrote:
bada wrote:although the one in the sig is NASTY... at least to me.... different strokes..

changed it for you bada

who's that chick under your posts

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:22 pm
Lee is a GREAT speaker. Great personality, great person overall. Probly gets hoes.

Curry + Lee on the pick & roll ... we need a nickname for that ...

Curly?

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:31 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Lee is a GREAT speaker. Great personality, great person overall. Probly gets hoes.

Curry + Lee on the pick & roll ... we need a nickname for that ...

Curly?

Reminds me of Bill Curley....ahh the good ol' days :wink: haha

Rookie
» Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:23 am
Chum wrote:We now need to trade any or all of...

Bell
Biedrins
Monta
Gadzookie
Morrow
Rad
CJ
Udoh
Williams
Wright

for a great defensive center.

Ha Ha

All Star
» Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:17 pm
love the nick name one of the Real dudes gave Lee

Heckuva Lee

"We'll only look at trading AR if we get a heck of a player back" Larry Riley

All Star
» Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:51 pm
biggumt wrote:
8th ave wrote:
bada wrote:although the one in the sig is NASTY... at least to me.... different strokes..

changed it for you bada

salma hayek

All Star
» Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 pm
Da White Howard

All Star
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:41 am
8th ave wrote:
biggumt wrote:
8th ave wrote:

changed it for you bada

salma hayek

Dude, 8th, that's easily the most distracting photo I've seen in quite a while.

All Star
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:43 am
On my way to work this morning I got to thinking: if the deadline for bids was July 4, does that mean that the new ownership group may have given the nod to the Lee signing, or even asked the Warriors front office to do the deal? I know nothing was final on Monday, July 5, but perhaps the organization knew who the high bidder was and discussed the Lee move?

If so, it's a pretty good sign that the new ownership group wants to immediately improve the roster.

Role Player
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:13 am
Was thinking the same. The new owners had to be involved in someway with the trade, even if it was just an approval. You can't be in the middle of a contract negotiation with a business and allow it to make changes without approval.

Given Lacob is a Celtics owner, he'd have seen Lee a decent amount too.