Lee to Warriors offer on table

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 pm
MSteinmetzCSN

Warriors, Knicks & D.Lee have agreed in principle to sign-and-trade for six years & just under $80 million.http://bit.ly/am9c4E

Rookie
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:06 pm
Riley said we wouldn't trade Randolph unless we got a really good player for him. How is trading Randolph, Turiaf AND Azubuike for Lee a good deal for us? We trade away our two best shot blockers and get a player who couldn't block a 5'5'' female player. We also take on Lee for six years and $80m. Way to give Ellison a great start and way to give the fans one last "present".

When I thought things couldn't get worse...

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:09 pm
hey... we still have our expiring contracts next year... we can STILL add talent to the quartet of AB, ME, SC, and DL.

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:10 pm
we also still have our MLE! if we can get mike miller, josh howard, or another SF, we dont look that bad

Rookie
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:12 pm
I think this trade is godawful. If we were in a "win now" situation it would be one thing, but we have no realistic shot at a playoff seed this year so why do this?

Kawakami just said we could have previously had Kevin Love for Randolph. Wouldn't that move have made more sense?

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:16 pm
Great deal. I'm on hard.P

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:17 pm
J-Pinnacle wrote:I think this trade is godawful. If we were in a "win now" situation it would be one thing, but we have no realistic shot at a playoff seed this year so why do this?

Kawakami just said we could have previously had Kevin Love for Randolph. Wouldn't that move have made more sense?

Kawakami is a lying son of a bitch.

I LOVE this move

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:17 pm
I am definitely a fan of the trade...however, I'm NOT a fan of the players involved. With the money Lee is getting I don't see THREE of our (better) players getting traded. Maybe, MAYBE direct swap between Monta and Lee with Rad thrown in there. Call me crazy, but this trade makes no sense.

Rookie
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:18 pm
We are overpaying a guy who is one of the worst defenders in the league and who got all those rebounds because Knicks had no other rebounders. This is an awful trade for us. We give away a player who could be something really special one day, a decent backup center/the best teammate in the NBA and Azubuike who was probably our best defender (remember how he was always put to guard Kobe?) for a player who's stats are inflated from playing on a bad, uptempo team and being the only half-good player on the team.

I hate this trade...

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:20 pm
i doubt that move was on the table... wth would minnesota want anthony randolph? love is already one of the best rebounders in the league and is probably considered better than randolph around the league... kawakami is talking outa his ass

Rookie
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:23 pm
8th ave wrote:i doubt that move was on the table... wth would minnesota want anthony randolph? love is already one of the best rebounders in the league and is probably considered better than randolph around the league... kawakami is talking outa his ass

Well that said, I still don't see how this trade makes any sense. David Lee does not equal the combined talents or Randolph, Azu and Turiaf.

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:32 pm
J-Pinnacle wrote:
8th ave wrote:i doubt that move was on the table... wth would minnesota want anthony randolph? love is already one of the best rebounders in the league and is probably considered better than randolph around the league... kawakami is talking outa his ass

Well that said, I still don't see how this trade makes any sense. David Lee does not equal the combined talents or Randolph, Azu and Turiaf.

we don't know that yet...

This is the way i see it. One of the reasons why i love this trade is because it gives the Baby Face Assassin something to work with on the pick and roll. Now i'm not comparing David Lee to Amare Stoudemire, but Phoenix went to the playoffs with basically Nash and Stoudemire. I'm hoping that the effects of this trade could be a little similar.

And one more time. We still have our expiring contracts. That's the beauty of trading Buike, Turiaf, and Randolph! So for those who are really strung out on the long contract, we still have the financial flexibility to add some players next year.

Rookie
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:43 pm
I am so sad right now. Not due tot he fact that we're getting David Lee (That's pretty cool.) But, we're letting go Azubuike and Randolph.. Turiaf? Okay. But why must we trade Randolph??!?!?!? I am losing all hope.

I might go buy myself a Westbrook or Durant jersey after this trade is done.

So sad.

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:43 pm
80Mill???? as in 16 X 5 = 80 Mill?

**** on a shingle...

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:46 pm
J-Pinnacle wrote:

Uhm, we can get more out of David Lee starting than we could :

- hoping AR doesn't get hurt again and steps it up
- Turiaf off the bench
- and just to put it in there again, RW > Buike

Lee makes Curry better, he makes Ellis better, he makes everyone better ... at least offensively. Gotta see the defense, but he was guarding centers so PF's should be a break.