Lee to Warriors offer on table

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:49 pm
i wonder what moves this organization still plans on making... yes along with everyone else here am torn about AR... I am fine parting ways with turiaf... a high energy bench player and buike who we can easily replace with williams.

We have to do something about that logjam at pf.

Is there anyone that still wants to see what wright has to offer? cause i do, we traded Jrich for this guy, if i never get to see what this guy can do then we would have lost him for completely nothing.

As of now i want to see a lineup of curry ellis maybe williams lee and then wright

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 pm
I'm tearful. Azubuike...Randolph....Turiaf...in Knicks uniforms(baby barf).

$80 million contract...to the Warriors. (barf)

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:51 pm
F-ck this trade! I stand by what I stated before and for all you late readers of this thread here's what I said. This does not make us any better...
Josh Jamison wrote:This is not a good idea and very risky. Adding Lee to this team won't get us too far. The Warriors suck and Lee will bring us from suck to average and only average. We need to look at the future here more than the present. Teams that suck build for the future and not for the current season. We suck so much cuz that's all we do, build for the upcoming season only! I'm sick of it! Trading for Lee is the same old crap the Warriors have always done!

Randolph is a huge question mark, a question mark that can go either way and one of those ways is a wonderful one. Wait on the guy... give him a chance... Randolph has many "what ifs." More great "what ifs" than bad "what ifs." We have the team, we have the time, the soon to be new owner, and the extra money to see if these great "what ifs" pan out for Randolph. If they do it will be great (way more great than David Lee). Plus we'll have new ownership we can trust a little more. If this trade goes down we're cutting ties with Randolph way too soon. He's 21! Sh-t I never knew what the hell was going on in life when I was 21 and Randolph is the same way... a lost player without the right guidance. That maturity switch will soon flip on for Randolph and we'll all be sorry if he pans out greatly on another team.

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm
Talk about leaving your legacy. Warriors FO, good job. You just effed new ownership up the ass.

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:58 pm
a few words from Knicks fans

First, let me say I come in peace. I know how highly you guys valued Randolph. There is a reason the Knicks board is very excited about this trade, and I understand alot of the frustration being vented here.

I am here to say that the move is not as bad as you think it is. Why? Well David Lee is a very very good player. He is extremely undervalued on these forums because he has improved and was not a natural but you are getting 1) a guy with an expanding offense game, including a lethal 18 foot jumper (imagine that on a pick and roll with Steph) 2) an excellent passing big man 3) a good rebounding big (its actually the most overrated part of his game) and 3) a guy who works hard and strives to get better every year. Just check out his stats!

Lee's defensive woes are overstated. We hung him out to dry on defense and once he plays next to a big like Biendris/Udoh, he will not look half as bad. Bottom line is Lee will bring production to your team. You guys had to many young players anyway.

I think you paid a high price but I think this move will work out well for you. I'll chime in from time to time as GS is one of my favorite young teams to watch and obviously I like DLee.

I'm just gonna say that I am really gonna miss Lee, and wanted him to be here when (or if =/) the Knicks are ever relevant again. The guy has a high ass basketball I.Q, is an incredible passer for his position (played PG before growth spurt), and gets better every single year. A double double machine, he's gonna be great for you guys especially when he gets the defensive board. His outlet passes are always on point. What we hated about Lee was his lack of defense, and his refusal to box out, which is ironic because he's such a great rebounder. But all Knick fans are gonna really miss Lee. The guy is a hell of a player.

Lee is a great player.
I am going to miss him greatly.

You guys will be more than pleased with him

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:00 pm
With LeBron choosing the Miami Heat, the Knicks and Warriors will in fact consummate a trade that will send David Lee to Golden State in a sign-and-trade arrangement for Anthony Randolph, Kelenna Azubuike, Ronny Turiaf, and a second-round pick in 2011.

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:03 pm
lol AND a pick?

are we getting anything else with Lee?

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:04 pm
Well, we shouldn't be done making moves. I think at this point we should keep Biedrins and start him next to Lee. At least, that's what a sane coach would do because the two pair together actually pretty nicely. The next thing that we need to do is trade Ellis and get a starting quality SF back in the deal. Any team that has Monta Ellis starting at the 2 isn't winning anything important, and we have a major hole at the SF spot right now.

Curry/Watson
Williams/Morrow
New SF/Williams
Lee/Udoh/Wright
Biedrins/Gadzuric/Udoh

If that SF that we get is of any quality then that is a team that can compete in the west. However, knowing our staff and front office, they are probably all gaga over pairing Ellis and Curry with Lee and I am sure they are going to come out and say that this is a team who can go out and win right now.

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 pm
i don't know why after heard Lebron want to joins Heat make me less interested to NBA anymore...
seems like no matter what we do, we still going nowhere and i don't even want to talk about championships...

NBA should address one team should allow 2 allstars player on the roster....its fair for other teams....

but now, seems like Heat has more chances to win championships every year....

well....i will still watch W's game but not other team... :(

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:08 pm
Quazza wrote:a few words from Knicks fans

First, let me say I come in peace. I know how highly you guys valued Randolph. There is a reason the Knicks board is very excited about this trade, and I understand alot of the frustration being vented here.

I am here to say that the move is not as bad as you think it is. Why? Well David Lee is a very very good player. He is extremely undervalued on these forums because he has improved and was not a natural but you are getting 1) a guy with an expanding offense game, including a lethal 18 foot jumper (imagine that on a pick and roll with Steph) 2) an excellent passing big man 3) a good rebounding big (its actually the most overrated part of his game) and 3) a guy who works hard and strives to get better every year. Just check out his stats!

Lee's defensive woes are overstated. We hung him out to dry on defense and once he plays next to a big like Biendris/Udoh, he will not look half as bad. Bottom line is Lee will bring production to your team. You guys had to many young players anyway.

I think you paid a high price but I think this move will work out well for you. I'll chime in from time to time as GS is one of my favorite young teams to watch and obviously I like DLee.

I'm just gonna say that I am really gonna miss Lee, and wanted him to be here when (or if =/) the Knicks are ever relevant again. The guy has a high ass basketball I.Q, is an incredible passer for his position (played PG before growth spurt), and gets better every single year. A double double machine, he's gonna be great for you guys especially when he gets the defensive board. His outlet passes are always on point. What we hated about Lee was his lack of defense, and his refusal to box out, which is ironic because he's such a great rebounder. But all Knick fans are gonna really miss Lee. The guy is a hell of a player.

Lee is a great player.
I am going to miss him greatly.

You guys will be more than pleased with him

hey quazza, would you mind giving me a link? im interested in what they have to say...

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:13 pm
nvm quazza i found one on real gm... their official trade thread for lee is already 40 something pages long

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:13 pm
nvm quazza i found one on real gm... their official trade thread for lee is already 40 something pages long :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:17 pm
not really off topic... but i just noticed that the pic on my sig had ellis dunking with lee underneath him... hahahaha hope that isnt what we get from lee on def.

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 pm
VIZsanity wrote:not really off topic... but i just noticed that the pic on my sig had ellis dunking with lee underneath him... hahahaha hope that isnt what we get from lee on def.

LOL we'd BETTER hope.

Quazza wrote:lol AND a pick?

are we getting anything else with Lee?

Yes. An 80,000,000 pound anvil dropping on our heads

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:26 pm
Wait, so this is a done deal? I know New York was talking about instantly pursuing Carmelo Anthony if they couldn't land LeBron... which they didn't. And Denver was desperate for front court help.