Brandan Wright

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:26 am
auriflama wrote:
D4rk 0ne wrote:
auriflama wrote:warriors got rid of wilt cause of money so you cant use that

Warriors got rid of Jason Richardson cause of the money so you can't use that either I guess. You're a real piece of work my friend. :banghead:

No they got of jrich because of stupidity. so the money goes to biedrens you isnt worth a buffalo nickel and money goes to other worthless bums.

I remember when they got rid of J-Rich, but what ever happened to the so call 11 Mill TPE- that is the mystery that haunts me, that entire J-Rich trade is a bit perplexing, although it is the past am def going to have to do some reseach on it.

Rookie
» Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:27 am
D4rk 0ne wrote:According to the NBA wesbite, Wright did not dress tonight and has a bruised shoulder. Seems to be a minor injury and they just want to play it safe. I hope he doesn't miss the rest of the SL though.

Remember- BW is a Warrior. Therefore, it's safe to assume that he will need more surgery and will be out 4-6 months before returning.

And then he'll get injured again!
:banghead:

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:44 am
auriflama wrote:
bada wrote:LOL at top 5 worst in NBA history! It ended up not being a great trade for us but at the time JRich has pretty much just become a 3pt shooting player. He completely had stopped taking the ball to the rim and it appeared his injuries were turning him into a different player.

but top 5 worst in NBA history is preposterous.

Can easily name 5 much worse:
Kobe traded for Vlade Divan
Dirk Nowitski for Robert Traylor
Wilt Chamberlain traded to Lakers for a bunch of crap
Charles Barkeley for Jeff Hornacek, Andrew Lang and Tim Perry
and the one that still echoes in this franchise history: Robert Parish and Kevin McHale for Joe Barry Carroll and Ricky Brown!

anymore?

barkley pretty much forced his way out of philly and had zero value around the leage
cant use a exchange of 2 draft picks
warriors got rid of wilt cause of money so you cant use that
warriors got a 20 ppoint scorer 4 years in carrol the warriors get nothing in return for j rich
hornets get divac a quality player

the point is the warriors get ZERO in return for j rich while other teams got something.

oh, forgive me. I thought when you said worst "trade" you were talking about worst "trades"! I did not realize you meant worst "trade when one team did not do it because of money issues, or where draft picks were involved or where another team got back a quality player". sorry bro... I will try harder next time.

All Star
» Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 am
Bada just owns people so politely

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:18 am
BW does look heavier, but he gets paid alot of money, not hard to do that little thing of getting a little bit heavier and stronger. He may get his chance to play this season, but I doubt it, not much will change for him with DLee as the starting PF. As long as he blocks shots, a real weakness now for the team, he will be pretty valuable

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:31 am
BW is our only legit low post player. I consider David Lee more of a slasher.. I would never expect DL to play back to the basket ... probably exclusively pick and rolls. If BW does not emerge as good post player that can command a double team this year (assuming we get a new coach) ... his career with us is over ... no need for a front court player that can't command a double team and make the pass hence the low low demand for Al Jeff and Zach R despite their great stats.

All Star
» Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:14 pm
Radmanovic ahead of B-Wright for playing time.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1FO5EB.DTL

Radmanovic vs. Wright: We've been told throughout training camp not to give much credence to jersey colors, but one surprising thing is clear: Vladimir Radmanovic is ahead of Brandan Wright in the chase for minutes.

Radmanovic looks strong and has consistently made shots while working with the first and second teams. Wright has been tentative and largely unnoticed on the second and third teams.

Plus there was this exchange in interviews:

"All tentative guys have got to take a seat," Smart said about Wright's surgically repaired shoulder.

"You'd have to drop 1,000 pounds of bricks on my arm for my shoulder to pop out again," Wright said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z11j2k5500

Starting Lineup
» Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:18 pm
"You'd have to drop 1,000 pounds of bricks on my arm for my shoulder to pop out again," Wright said.

LOL...it may not cause your shoulder to pop out again...but it would certainly crush your entire arm and make you retire early...:D

» Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:20 pm
Glad to see Vlad is proving that he can play.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:22 am
BW will never emerge on the second team with our backup point guards (being a low post player). Any guard can play with Rad ... just a simple kick out after dribble penetration so BW will not get minutes until Rad gets hurt (very likely) or DL (would be really bad for any remote playoff run chance we may have). The good news if David Lee succeeds it really does not matter what happens to BW ... if we are going lottery (we need to play BW ahead of Rad).