Brandan Wright

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:49 pm
uptempo wrote:Brandon Wright will be sitting on the bench when Nelson goes to his brand of "small ball" where Lee will be playing center surrounded by four guards and small forward, and the other Warrior big men will all be sitting on the bench.

It's really all Mullin's fault.

All Star
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:22 am
Beast Mode wrote:
uptempo wrote:Brandon Wright will be sitting on the bench when Nelson goes to his brand of "small ball" where Lee will be playing center surrounded by four guards and small forward, and the other Warrior big men will all be sitting on the bench.

Why would you blame Mullin for this current fiasco?

While Mullin did hire Nelson and traded Richardson away for Wright, he, Mullin, was in a desperate situation without any ownership direction nor ownership support.

The current situation is an organizational problem where the team caved in to Nelson's demands for a huge contract extension after only coaching the team for one season. That, right there, is what set in motion the consolidation of power with Nelson (and subsequently led to Mullin being pushed out).

Randolph, a Mullin pick, should be much further along in his development; but, did not do so under the tutelage of Nelson.

While Wright has been injury-prone, he, too should be further along in his development. Does he have a go-to shot? Does he have a low-block game? Has he established himself as a guy who can change a game with his defense?

What I do like about his game is that he can run the floor and finish a fast break! If he can hit the defensive boards, make the good outlet pass and then run the floor, we may have something special with Wright. I am concerned, however, if Nelson plays him at center with four smaller players (this is more than a unwarranted fear; this is something that we all know is likely to happen).

All Star
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:47 am
uptempo wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

While Mullin did hire Nelson and traded Richardson away for Wright, he, Mullin, was in a desperate situation without any ownership direction nor ownership support.

The current situation is an organizational problem where the team caved in to Nelson's demands for a huge contract extension after only coaching the team for one season. That, right there, is what set in motion the consolidation of power with Nelson (and subsequently led to Mullin being pushed out).

Randolph, a Mullin pick, should be much further along in his development; but, did not do so under the tutelage of Nelson.

While Wright has been injury-prone, he, too should be further along in his development. Does he have a go-to shot? Does he have a low-block game? Has he established himself as a guy who can change a game with his defense?

What I do like about his game is that he can run the floor and finish a fast break! If he can hit the defensive boards, make the good outlet pass and then run the floor, we may have something special with Wright. I am concerned, however, if Nelson plays him at center with four smaller players (this is more than a unwarranted fear; this is something that we all know is likely to happen).

I didn't even read your post but judging by the length of it, you missed the sarcasm ...

All Star
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
uptempo wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

I didn't even read your post but judging by the length of it, you missed the sarcasm ...

I've done that to him before Beast, he gets it, but won't acknowledge his obsession with Mullin, so he will deliberately play the ignorant guy.

Banned
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:15 pm
wright stinks and has no future in the nba. plus he looks like drake so you have to dislike him

All Star
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:21 pm
auriflama wrote:wright stinks and has no future in the nba. plus he looks like drake so you have to dislike him

He's got a hook shot, so I like him.

All Star
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm
plays for the first time in almost a year and a half @7pm PST!!!

All Star
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:19 pm
first off wrote:plays for the first time in almost a year and a half @7pm PST!!!

link? :mrgreen:

edit: http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

All Star
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:36 pm
Money Morrow wrote:
first off wrote:plays for the first time in almost a year and a half @7pm PST!!!

link? :mrgreen:

edit: http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

awesome, cheers for that MM

Rookie
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:40 pm
Brandon looking rusty is out there but showed some flashes.

All Star
» Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:45 pm
auriflama wrote:wright stinks and has no future in the nba. plus he looks like drake so you have to dislike him

Did you have this opinion of Wright before the Warriors had traded Richardson for the pick which was used to draft Wright or did you come up with this after a few injury-plagued seasons?

Also, What is "drake?"

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:42 am
We still have hope on this guy. SMH

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:42 am
uptempo wrote:

Did you have this opinion of Wright before the Warriors had traded Richardson for the pick which was used to draft Wright or did you come up with this after a few injury-plagued seasons?

Also, What is "drake?"

::lol: . rap much?

All Star
» Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:30 pm
played pretty good. probably still not at 100% yet.

All Star
» Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:36 am
With Udoh's injury looking like it could be a few months, Wright is gonna have to step up and I think he could be primed for a breakout year. He was one of my favorite players when he was a rookie and still has the potential to be a game changer with his length and athleticism. Besides the fact that he is an average rebounder for a power forward, the biggest knock on Wright was that sometimes he didn't know where he was supposed to be on the floor. With such long time off, I'm sure Wright has been able to study and watch film.