BOARD SOFTWARE UPGRADE

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Founder
Posts: 2213
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:46 am
Hello All,

Our message board software was getting way out of date, so I upgraded to the newest version this morning. If you are having any problems logging in, use the forgot password feature to have your password sent to you, or if that doesn't work please email me at jeff@goldenstwarriors.com. We will be updating the look of the board in the next day or two. You really didn't want to see Cohan/Rowell any longer, did you?

Thanks for your patience.

Hobbes
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 am
this is horrendous lol
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1530
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 am
hobbes wrote:You really didn't want to see Cohan/Rowell any longer, did you?


lol No I really didn't. Thanks Hobbes!

edit to add: Yay, my Lakers avatar is gone!!!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:29 am
Keep in mind everyone, this is a default "style". The look and feel of the board will be customized soon.

But there is a lot more functionality in this version that you will like and a lot more things the "staff" can provide for you.
User avatar

Founder
Posts: 2213
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:30 am
Exactly. This is the hideous default setting, we'll have something a lot better looking in the next day or two at the latest.

NOTE: One thing I noticed is that all the avatars are gone, I'll work on that tonight.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 2442
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:45 am
Good news. Even though it doesn't remind of Warriors right now, it's at least a bit nicer. The one we had looked a bit old and not so nice. I'm sure everything will look a lot better when Hobbes finishes his job.

And, thanks Hobbes.


@ Chum: ::lol: I guess you were the only one who was happy when you realized that avatars are disabled. :)
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:14 am
Guybrush wrote:Good news. Even though it doesn't remind of Warriors right now, it's at least a bit nicer. The one we had looked a bit old and not so nice. I'm sure everything will look a lot better when Hobbes finishes his job.


It will be nicer... but it certainly isn't right now. It's a bit of a mess.


But hey, it was a neccesary upgrade, and hopefully it'll be done in a few days.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 2442
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:34 am
Maybe it's not nicer now, but I still like it more because it is easier to read, it's more stretched...I don't know, there's something that I do like more, just not sure what yet. :)

Anyway, it doesn't matter. When it is all done, we can evaluate.

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 am
I feel like we should be discussing weight training tips for single men who happen to have children or discussing a movie that came out 6 years ago but is sadly still not out on DVD....

With that said, I love THIS new design!! Whenever tensions get too high here on the board we should whip this default style out and let the soothing blue and grays lower our collective blood pressure.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:42 am
ack! I'm all dizzy... the world has come to an end!! :shock: :mrgreen:

In reality, I am very pleased to be rid of the Rowell/Cohan imagery... :D

Thanks for all your hardwork Hobbes et al... =D> =D> =D> =D>

great to get an update of the board just as we're about to get an update of the franchise!!!

Rookie
Posts: 81
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:48 am
hobbes wrote:Hello All,

Our message board software was getting way out of date, so I upgraded to the newest version this morning. If you are having any problems logging in, use the forgot password feature to have your password sent to you, or if that doesn't work please email me at jeff@goldenstwarriors.com. We will be updating the look of the board in the next day or two. You really didn't want to see Cohan/Rowell any longer, did you?

Thanks for your patience.

Hobbes



Nice, I like it. Looking forward to seeing the final version. Thanks for all your hard work.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1530
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:52 am
fine wrote:I feel like we should be discussing weight training tips for single men who happen to have children or discussing a movie that came out 6 years ago but is sadly still not out on DVD.


LOL!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:54 am
Chum wrote:
fine wrote:I feel like we should be discussing weight training tips for single men who happen to have children or discussing a movie that came out 6 years ago but is sadly still not out on DVD.


LOL!


Well, we will just tack on the extra days onto the end of his "sentence" LOL. just kidding chum. Enjoy the time without your beloved Lakers avatar!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:57 am
lol. I just fixed the avatar issue. Sorry chum!
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:01 am
bada wrote: Enjoy the time without your beloved Lakers avatar!


Bada, to preserve the spirit of the bet, I think he should keep the avatar for a few more days, enough to make up for the days Chum's gonna be without it... Just saying... :mrgreen:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests