If trade rumors are true...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:07 am
KC wrote:Not sure how credible the source is...

When (Amare') Stoudemire becomes official, it would end the five-year era of David Lee, but set up a possibility of a sign-and-trade to add another piece. There's been rumors of a three-way trade talk between Golden State, Minnesota and the Knicks where Lee winds up with the Timberwolves, Monta Ellis comes to the Knicks and Al Jefferson goes to Golden State. Lee visited Minnesota yesterday and it has only $7 million in cap room, meaning he'd want a sign-and-trade.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStori ... z0sidYsAQ1

I hope that's not true, unless they plan on using Al to get a SF.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:17 am

When (Amare') Stoudemire becomes official, it would end the five-year era of David Lee, but set up a possibility of a sign-and-trade to add another piece. There's been rumors of a three-way trade talk between Golden State, Minnesota and the Knicks where Lee winds up with the Timberwolves, Monta Ellis comes to the Knicks and Al Jefferson goes to Golden State. Lee visited Minnesota yesterday and it has only $7 million in cap room, meaning he'd want a sign-and-trade.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStori ... z0sidYsAQ1

I'd rather get David Lee than Jefferson, anyway...

But considering the kind of moves this front office has made, it wouldn't surprise me if we help the T'Wolves improve instead of going for Lee ourselves.

Here's hoping I'm wrong...

All Star
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:18 am
TMC wrote:

I'd rather get David Lee than Jefferson, anyway...

But considering the kind of moves this front office has made, it wouldn't surprise me if we help the T'Wolves improve instead of going for Lee ourselves.

Here's hoping I'm wrong...

David Lee > Al Jefferson... jmo

Ive read (espn) that once the Knicks sign Amare, they'll trade David Lee to the Spurs for Tony Parker... if that goes down, who here would trade Monta to Minny for Al Jefferson?

Role Player
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:10 am
I would probably do Monta for David Lee. No way I want Jefferson for Monta. Over the last months many people have detailed the reasons that Jefferson is overrated and will not fit in with this roster or help it win.

I know I'm in the minority as a Monta supporter here, but I would hope most people would not do this trade. Jefferson is a loser. At least Monta has played some winning basketball, and you could tell last year (the first real year he had to play for a loser team) he was pissed. He hates losing. He does not want to play for a losing team and has voiced his frustration. This CAN be a bad thing if the player pulls an S - Jax, but Al Jefferson has played for terrible teams his whole career. I've never heard of him being upset. Never called out his team mates and organization for the terrible product they put on the floor. He does not elevate his game or his teammates game when it counts. He gets his stats and his paycheck, and will continue to play on shitty teams while handicapping them to an over bloated contract and be fine with that because it seems to be enough for him.

Role Player
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:56 am
I'll take Lee over Jefferson for sure.

What really pisses me off is that we could sign Lee if we didn't get Maggette and give that extension to Jackson. I was really pissed when we signed Corey because he's a proven loser who doesn't make anyone better and we gave him way, way too much money. And that extension to Jackson was just insane.

I hate and loathe this front office with an unbelievable passion. We're not going to get anyone to come here until Satan sells the team and his crew gets thrown out on their asses
Last edited by GoldenStJayhawk on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Role Player
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:00 am
Latest tweets from Kawakami

timkawakami

On Monta Ellis trade rumors: I don't doubt W's are looking at dealing Ellis, since I've been writing about that concept for a while...

Tim Kawakami

But Riley wants killer deal if he's moving Ellis & I haven't heard one yet. W's believe Ellis sells tickets, which is enormous to them.

timkawakami

During W's sale process, Ellis is a question mark, no doubt, but tough for Cohan to give up a fan favorite--what if he's a bidder favorite?

Role Player
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:07 am
I wouldn't trade Ellis for Jefferson. Ellis for Lee sure! But I wouldn't wanna see one of my favorite players traded for Jefferson of all people...

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:20 am
I wouldn't mind dealing Ellis for Jefferson at all. Jefferson is a pretty productive player, and yeah last year was a down year but he was recovering from injury.

Jefferson's scoring almost makes up for the loss of Ellis, and getting some of our players (like Buike) healthy again it should cover the rest. If we played him at PF then he wouldn't be such a defensive liability.

Jefferson is a post scorer with beef, which is exactly what this team is missing right now. He can block shots and rebound, especially at PF. Plus we have Beans to work the boards and block shots, which would cover up much of Jefferson's weaknesses.

Plus I think Curry played at his best with Ellis out last year, and I think that getting Ellis out of GS would allow Curry to easily take the next step and perhaps he could have an all-star type season.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:24 am
Curry/Watson?
Williams/Morrow
Azubuike/Williams/Randolph
Jefferson/Randolph/Turiaf
Biedrins/Turiaf/Jefferson

All Star
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:18 am
Tarantism wrote:Curry/Watson?
Williams/Morrow
Azubuike/Williams/Randolph
Jefferson/Randolph/Turiaf
Biedrins/Turiaf/Jefferson

Where's Udoh? If this Monta for Jefferson three-way deal goes through we would absolutely have to move Biedrins and put Jefferson at Center... Actually after I typed that it didn't sound so bad to me. I think Udoh at PF would compliment Jefferson very well. Jefferson isn't a great defender but he is a good rebounder, not a bad shot blocker, brings tons o' beef AND is a great post scorer. Even if he has lost a step he is still a wicked low post scoring big, something we just don't have on the Warriors...

PG - Curry <--- floor general, outside shooter, inside slash/jumper scorer
SG - Williams <--- ouside shooter, inside slash/jumper scorer
SF - AR <--- wing defender, iso scorer, extra help with blocks/rebounds
PF - Udoh <--- main low post defender, rebounder, shot blocker
C - Jefferson <--- main low post scorer, extra help with blocks/rebounds

I know many here are against AR being a SF but with Udoh here I think it makes the most sense. Try not to think of AR as a typical SF but more of a Gerald Wallace SF. He plays essentially as a 3rd big, but because he has enough athleticism to cover a SF on the wing he simply does so then shuffles to the post after a shot is made. With the above lineup I don't see any of the 3 bigs stepping on each other's toes so to speak.

Also with Jefferson at center and AR at SF we minimize a lot of Jefferson's shortcommings. He isn't very fast on the break, but AR is. The center position is the one position where having a good rebounder is more important than having a fast floor runner. Jefferson grabing the defensive boards and outletting them to AR shouldn't slow us down at all.

We could also consider trading Biedrins/AR for a really good SF ie Iguadala. Depending on whether or not we keep Morrow we could have a nice SG/SF rotation with Morrow/Azu/Williams/Iggy...

PG - Curry/CJ
SG - Morrow/Azu
SF - Iggy/Williams
PF - Udoh/B.Wright
C - Jefferson/Turiaf

Or we hold onto Biedrins and AR...

PG - Curry/CJ
SG - Morrow/Azu
SF - AR/Williams
PF - Udoh/B.Wright
C - Jefferson/Biedrins/Turiaf

I guess I still see Monta for Jefferson as a good trade but I was hoping for something better. We'd have to do something with AR, and probably Biedrins, or we are just adding to out logjam at the PF/C problem.

Funny, our FO can't seem to ever find any balance. We have been struggling with having two many guards for sooooo long and now we are suddenly struggling with having too many bigs :roll:

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:29 am
Trading Monta for Jefferson over Lee is a tasteless mistake.

All Star
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:31 am
War Years wrote:Trading Monta for Jefferson over Lee is a tasteless mistake.

Agreed. It's gonna be a lot harder to get Lee though. I'm willing to trade Monta + AR for Lee.

All Star
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:49 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
War Years wrote:Trading Monta for Jefferson over Lee is a tasteless mistake.

Agreed. It's gonna be a lot harder to get Lee though. I'm willing to trade Monta + AR for Lee.

Yeah I agree with this. If NY wants Monta and the Warriors want a big for him, why are we bothering to discuss a threeway with Minn. for Jefferson? Why not just trade for Lee?

Monta + AR for Lee is a lot, but Lee is already a proven stud.

Beast you said in some other post you'd take Lee over Amare or Boozer. I totally agree with that.

Still, Monta for Jefferson stright up, if we can't get Lee, would still be worth it.

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:59 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:I know I'm in the minority as a Monta supporter here, but I would hope most people would not do this trade. Jefferson is a loser. At least Monta has played some winning basketball, and you could tell last year (the first real year he had to play for a loser team) he was pissed. He hates losing. He does not want to play for a losing team and has voiced his frustration. This CAN be a bad thing if the player pulls an S - Jax, but Al Jefferson has played for terrible teams his whole career. I've never heard of him being upset. Never called out his team mates and organization for the terrible product they put on the floor. He does not elevate his game or his teammates game when it counts. He gets his stats and his paycheck, and will continue to play on shitty teams while handicapping them to an over bloated contract and be fine with that because it seems to be enough for him.

hmm, I have NEVER got that impression from Monta. The vibe he gives off is "I just want to go out here, do my thing, and get paid, then get the f off the floor"

All Star
» Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:13 pm
bada wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:I know I'm in the minority as a Monta supporter here, but I would hope most people would not do this trade. Jefferson is a loser. At least Monta has played some winning basketball, and you could tell last year (the first real year he had to play for a loser team) he was pissed. He hates losing. He does not want to play for a losing team and has voiced his frustration. This CAN be a bad thing if the player pulls an S - Jax, but Al Jefferson has played for terrible teams his whole career. I've never heard of him being upset. Never called out his team mates and organization for the terrible product they put on the floor. He does not elevate his game or his teammates game when it counts. He gets his stats and his paycheck, and will continue to play on shitty teams while handicapping them to an over bloated contract and be fine with that because it seems to be enough for him.

hmm, I have NEVER got that impression from Monta. The vibe he gives off is "I just want to go out here, do my thing, and get paid, then get the f off the floor"

Lol... "Al Jefferson never called out his teammates or organization"

Are you fking serious? So he could be slaughtered by the media?

Phrase of the year: "Think before you post"