The Nuggets want Andris

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:08 am
via Espn Insider

Dave Krieger of The Denver Post reports the Nuggets want to acquire Andris Biedrins.

Krieger writes: "Desperate to upgrade an increasingly fragile frontcourt, I'm told the Nuggets are trying to pry center Andris Biedrins from the Golden State Warriors. At 24, Biedrins has already played six years in the NBA. He averaged a double-double two years ago, but slumped to averages of 5.0 points and 7.8 rebounds in an injury-marred campaign last season. That and his contract -- he has four years left at $9 million per -- have apparently made him expendable to the Warriors. But the Nuggets are struggling to come up with a package that will get a deal done."

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:13 am
Carmelo straight up.

Honestly, the only thing they have of any value is K-Mart's expiring contract next year. Wouldn't mind having K-Mart here. But if we take him back, we better get some draft picks too.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 am
Beast Mode wrote:Carmelo straight up.

Honestly, the only thing they have of any value is K-Mart's expiring contract next year. Wouldn't mind having K-Mart here. But if we take him back, we better get some draft picks too.

The K-Mart thing wont happen to the W's I dont think. Even though the expiring part would appeal to the Warriors, he is coming off ANOTHER knee surgery and there are questions on whether he will ever be able to play or not. It has been reported that if he can't play, his insurance policy will not pay for his salary so whoever trades for him is likely to pay $16 million for a player that will never see the court. I can't see Cohan doing that.

» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:29 am
they are not going to trade carmelo straight up.

What about we try to make a package where they can also get Ellis and Biedrins. But, with Denver, a third team is necessary to make any legit trade possible due to their salary situation.

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:30 am
yeah... i don't think we're going to be trading for expirers anymore... we already have enough amount of expirers, plus i don't think there's any significant free agents next year anyways... if they want andris, we have to get some solid veteran that can play in return...

im looking at their roster and chris anderson is the only player i could think of that will help us... but i dont know if i want to take on that contract over 4 years... maybe we could get a 3rd party involved...

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:30 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:they are not going to trade carmelo straight up.

What about we try to make a package where they can also get Ellis and Biedrins. But, with Denver, a third team is necessary to make any legit trade possible due to their salary situation.

Carmelo line was obviously a joke ...

But yeah, a third team will NEED to be involved. And I didn't know Kenyon had ANOTHER surgery this off-season ... he was playing great the 2nd half of last season [averaged a double double if I recall correctly]

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 am
dude... just fukken do it! get kenyon's expiring, and throw in a filler like charlie bell or something... i don't think we need to worry about being competitive cuz everyone knows with this roster that we're not gonna go anywhere

over the past 2 years, it's like we were standing on the line of developing our youngs and being competitive... well now, i think it's time to outright play our youngs 30+ minutes a game just to see what we have... and if that doesn't work out, we'll go a different direction next year with our expiring contracts whether that means signing a free agent, acquiring draft picks, or being able to offer restricted agents max money.

seriously... we've been down this road before with this roster... we need to change...

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:21 am
Biedrins for free?

I think we should keep him unless we get Nene or Melo back from the Nuggets. my reasons:

1. we have no one to replace him at center. too often this team makes moves with zero backup plan.
2. I have a problem trading someone who had an off year due to injury only. if he was healthy he'd probably be back to his old self. his resume is good. this year was an off year, not the norm.
3. he was getting all-star mentions the season before last.
4. when he's healthy, he's top 5 in the Nba at rebounding
5. Rick Barry is teaching him how to shoot FT's
6. I don't trust this FO to make any more decisions
7. he's still only 24
8. there aren't many quality centers in the Nba, so a replacement would be tough to come by.

probably a pipe dream...Ellis/Biedrins/Azubuike for Melo & JR Smith? if they're going to lose Melo anyway, and they like Beans...

Curry
JR Smith
Carmello
AR
Udoh / Turiaf

Billups
Ellis
Azubuike
Nene
Biedrins
Last edited by rockyBeli on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:22 am
According to this article, the Nuggets might consider trading Carmelo if he doesn't sign an extension.
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15405631?source=rss
Kiszla: Nuggets trade Carmelo Anthony? It's possible
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post
Posted: 06/30/2010 01:00:00 AM MDTUpdated: 06/30/2010 12:32:23 PM MDT

So, Riley tells Denver - Andris & Monta (+ s&t Morrow &/or Watson) for Melo & whatever crap they want to unload. Either Riley gets laughed at, or he doesn't.

We get our Small Forward. He plays with Curry, he has a plethora of long-limbed bigs behind him on D, Ellison become the owner...he extends with us. :)

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:08 pm
holy crap Melo+Nene for Bell+Monta+Biedrins
YES

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:09 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:holy crap Melo+Nene for Bell+Monta+Biedrins
YES

Monta + JR Smith on same team = $%#^%($%*%

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:14 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
YES

lol remember the first game vs. Nuggets last year? Monta 'fouling' Smith on the half court. lol

All Star
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:22 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
YES

lol remember the first game vs. Nuggets last year? Monta 'fouling' Smith on the half court. lol

Yes... I wrote that game as my favorite game of the year [most exciting to watch] ... aside from the horrible ending.

Rookie
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:42 pm
is there anyone who even wants biedrin's on this team? and why?

Rookie
» Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:06 pm
I want Andris (unless we can get equal value or slighly lesser value + shorter contract) because I have recently watched highlights of the We Believe playoff run and I think a healthy, focused, mature Andris with the underhand free throws and screen/rolling with Steph as he did with Baron will work very well.