Welcome Ekpe Udoh

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 pm
I am going to probably laugh at this thread by the end of next season.

Rookie
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:11 pm
fine wrote:Baylorfite another question:

Any good nicknames we should know about?

I imagine after he blocks a shot "Ekpe U-DON'T!!!" is appropriate.

His middle name is Friday. He chose number 13. And the Baylor players tagged him as the "Nightmare". Baylor students wore Friday the 13th Jason masks in the "Bear Pit"- student sections behind each goal.

All Star
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:14 pm
Baylorfite wrote:

His middle name is Friday. He chose number 13. And the Baylor players tagged him as the "Nightmare". Baylor students wore Friday the 13th Jason masks in the "Bear Pit"- student sections behind each goal.

His name means lion, right?

Rookie
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:24 pm
1 question. Can you guys imagine this guy going up against bynum and gasol in the post. I'm sick of everyone's obsession with scrawny ass players. Brandon Wright, biedrins, AR, and now this joke of a pick. Did you guys not watch the finals? you think these guys can go up against the best in the league? I am heated right now about this pick. and don't respond with the word "potential"

All Star
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:25 pm
biggumt wrote:1 question. Can you guys imagine this guy going up against bynum and gasol in the post. I'm sick of everyone's obsession with scrawny ass players. Brandon Wright, biedrins, AR, and now this joke of a pick. Did you guys not watch the finals? you think these guys can go up against the best in the league? I am heated right now about this pick. and don't respond with the word "potential"

Watch the Duke-Baylor Tournament Game.

Rookie
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 pm
biggumt wrote:1 question. Can you guys imagine this guy going up against bynum and gasol in the post. I'm sick of everyone's obsession with scrawny ass players. Brandon Wright, biedrins, AR, and now this joke of a pick. Did you guys not watch the finals? you think these guys can go up against the best in the league? I am heated right now about this pick. and don't respond with the word "potential"

Ekpe would bother Gasol- I promise you. He isn't suckered by head fakes. He has the length to bother Gasol and his strength is comparable. He would struggle against Bynum. Go to big12sports.com and watch the Baylor vs Texas big 12 tourney game. Udoh abused the Texas bigs- two of which were drafted in the 1st 32 picks.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:57 pm
I'll take a wait an see approach with Udoh... Right now he yet another tweener F who needs to gain weight...

Such a shame that Cousins was one pick up... Monroe may have been better... I am tired of waiting for toothpicks to maybe make a real presenece in the post.

So far all it shows is they are supremely talent and supremely frail...

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:00 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:
Baylorfite wrote:

His name means lion, right?
I think it means "The Tawny Scrawny Lion" http://mulattodiaries.files.wordpress.c ... y-lion.jpg
Last edited by loyaltyisacurse on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:05 pm
If he develops his shot we should play him at SF, Randolph at PF. That's damn scary.

All Star
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:07 pm
well we were one of 4-5 teams in the "Bad draft" category on RealGM

Warriors: The simplest question is just this: WHY? Udoh is a fine player, but he makes zero sense playing with Anthony Randolph and does not look like anything more than a OK starting NBA big man who primarily plays PF and can dabble at the C spot. On top of that, they used the other pick to shed Maggette’s contract, a fair move but it does take a potentially useful player off the table. If Golden State wanted Udoh so badly, they should have traded down with Utah (who wanted Greg Monroe) and picked up something (anything!) because there is no doubt he would have been on the board there.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_feature_piece ... z0rq1g7ixL

Rookie
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:18 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:I'll take a wait an see approach with Udoh... Right now he yet another tweener F who needs to gain weight...

Such a shame that Cousins was one pick up... Monroe may have been better... I am tired of waiting for toothpicks to maybe make a real presenece in the post.

So far all it shows is they are supremely talent and supremely frail...

that's what i'm saying. I am tired of these players who have no girth on them but people keep making excuses for them saying "whoa he's got potential" I am not sure if this guy can contribute right away. He seems like another project for sure.

Rookie
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:24 pm
I had alot of good feelings with Riley when he snatched up Curry, but this is all its getting stupid, fire Nelson already... Riley next. We'll look back in five years and remember this year as the year we sacraficed one of the top five guys to help Nellie sleep at night with a big ol' frame that says "1333!!"

All Star
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:28 pm
Gordon Hayward. Luke Babbitt. Paul George. Patrick Patterson.

All preferred over Udoh, but eh. I'll give him a chance.

All Star
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:29 pm
If he brings a drop of defense to this team I will be ok with this pick. I still think the Dubs should have traded the pick.

Rookie
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Gordon Hayward. Luke Babbitt. Paul George. Patrick Patterson.

All preferred over Udoh, but eh. I'll give him a chance.

Man Luke Babbitt isn't even on the Warriors radar, i would kill for him. I find myself wishing Portland will somehow send him over here, but it's almost impossible :(