Maggs IS a buck

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:54 am
does anyone know anything about this? thought it was just idle speculation until both Tim K AND MTII twatted about it momments ago

Maggette to Milwaukee 4 Gadz and Bell

Tim K wrote:If I'm Bucks, I want more if I'm taking back all that $ @S49erfan what do you make of the proposed Maggette to Milwaukee 4 Gadz and Bell

MTII wrote:#GSW Doesn't need another PG. But Bell has 2 years, $7.9M Left. Gadzuric has one year, $7.4M left. Maggette has 3 years, #30.8M left

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:58 am
Basically getting nothing in return but cap relief ...

I'm all for it.

Would have liked to keep Maggette at the 3 though while AR occupies the 4 and either draft pick or Biedrins plays the 5....

Perhaps this means Aminu is becoming a possibility

Franchise Player
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:59 am
LOL at you saying "Twatted" Leon. :mrgreen: :D ..............such a wonderful "English" word that needs to come up more in America because of how funny it sounds when you guys say it. :mrgreen:

As for the trade, none of my usual sources have anything official about an offer.

All I can say about is...............yes please.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:01 pm
Already being discussed in the Random Warriors Thoughts thread...

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:04 pm
But it's not a "Random Warriors Thought" ... it's a potential trade... and seeing as it is the off-season where the forum is at it's least active point... would probably make more sense to make new threads about interesting topics like these ... just a suggestion.

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:09 pm
Beast Mode wrote:But it's not a "Random Warriors Thought" ... it's a potential trade... and seeing as it is the off-season where the forum is at it's least active point... would probably make more sense to make new threads about interesting topics like these ... just a suggestion.

I agree. We could use a few more new topics imho.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm
Hey, first off asked if anybody knew anything about it. I answered. That's it. :wink:

Franchise Player
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:14 pm
I would totally do that deal. Anything to give up flexibility for the new management team. With Gadzuric and Radmonovich, we would have like $15 mil in expiring players. THAT could potentially land you a great player. I dont have confidence that the current FO would know what to do with it, but if we actually had a competent basketball FO, that could do wonders.

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:15 pm
bigstrads wrote:LOL at you saying "Twatted".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4EoN4nr5FQ[/youtube]

I guess all I wanted tp know is who offered the trade and how serious is it?
Last edited by first off on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:16 pm
so bell and gadzuric are off the books after this upcoming season? that along with radmonovic's, would put us in better cap position as new ownership takes over.

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:19 pm
I'd miss Mags but it's a smart trade. Also if we need to trade a player that I like, I'd like to see them go to a team I like... does that make sense?

I'm a casual Bucks fan and I think Mags would fit well there. So win, win all around.

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:21 pm
warchief wrote:so bell and gadzuric are off the books after this upcoming season? that along with radmonovic's, would put us in better cap position as new ownership takes over.

Bell has 2 years so he wont come off the books until 2012...

I wouldn't mind this trade. It would be good for Boston too. This also frees up more time for Buike, Randolph, Morrow, and Wright.

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:41 pm
C'mon guys, that's our starting PF and back-up center you're talking about! :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:C'mon guys, that's our starting PF and back-up center you're talking about! :mrgreen:

It's very hard these days to come across scoring PF's like that. :mrgreen:

All Star
» Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:26 pm
Salmons is opting out, so Maggette would be a good fit there.