The Irony of Al Harrington(bonus Dunleavy)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:58 am
He complained about playing time, being a perimeter player, and coming off the bench. Apparently Nellie didn't treat him like a man.

The irony now is that Al Harrington is in New York he is still being played to spread the floor as a perimeter player, comes of the bench, gets inconsistent minutes.

Anyone find that hilarious that in the end D'Antoni plays Harrington the exact same way as Don Nelson did.

Whenever I see him play I am so glad we shipped his ass out same with Dunleavy. Anyone remember the fanfare he got for that one good season as a Pacer 2 years ago. How in a SI article he said it was because Nellie didn't play him right etc etc. Where is he now? Sucking with the Pacers.

All Star
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:34 am
saintdee wrote:He complained about playing time, being a perimeter player, and coming off the bench. Apparently Nellie didn't treat him like a man.

The irony now is that Al Harrington is in New York he is still being played to spread the floor as a perimeter player, comes of the bench, gets inconsistent minutes.

Anyone find that hilarious that in the end D'Antoni plays Harrington the exact same way as Don Nelson did.

Whenever I see him play I am so glad we shipped his ass out same with Dunleavy. Anyone remember the fanfare he got for that one good season as a Pacer 2 years ago. How in a SI article he said it was because Nellie didn't play him right etc etc. Where is he now? Sucking with the Pacers.

Gotta agree with you about Harrington. He played like a jerk last night also. He was fouling way too hard for no reason other than douchebaggery.

All Star
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:21 am
Never liked him from day 1. His horrible performance in our playoff run sealed it for me.

Franchise Player
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 am
Beast Mode wrote:Never liked him from day 1. His horrible performance in our playoff run sealed it for me.

Are you talking JUST about the Dallas series? If so, yes, he had a terrible series but he was one of our better players in the Utah series and then the last month and a half of the regular season, he was as big of part of us getting into the playoffs as anyone. He was terrific despite being played out of position at Center.

Much like Monta however, he was god awful in the opening series against Dallas.

All Star
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:29 pm
I found it hilarious that during the last NY possession when the shot clock was already turned off he shot a three instead of just holding the ball like you should. The guy likes being disliked here. I still remember going to the first game after he got traded and everyone booing the crap out of him every time he touched the ball.

All Star
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:36 pm
Has Al gained some weight?
maybe it was the dark blue jerseys on my tv, but he looks thicker than I remember.

Rookie
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 pm
I remember going to the Knicks game last season and last night, he got booed every time he got the ball. Freakin hilarious. Warrior fans are the best. We'll never let go of our hatred for players we traded away. Especially when I went to the Bobcats game when Jackson came back for the first time. Although we got whooped and Jackson beasted on us, I almost lost my voice booing him every time he got the ball. Ah! The joy of being a Warriors fan.

All Star
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:56 pm
KingJames1223 wrote:I remember going to the Knicks game last season and last night, he got booed every time he got the ball. Freakin hilarious. Warrior fans are the best. We'll never let go of our hatred for players we traded away. Especially when I went to the Bobcats game when Jackson came back for the first time. Although we got whooped and Jackson beasted on us, I almost lost my voice booing him every time he got the ball. Ah! The joy of being a Warriors fan.

We don't boo traded away players we boo players we demand to be traded or give no effort or betray us.
ie.( Harrington, Jackson, Dunnleavy, Baron)

players who played their hearts out and were traded, not signed are cheered
ie (Foyle, Richardson, Barnes)

Rookie
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:04 pm
I agree with most of that. Dunleavy had to be traded cuz he sucks. Harrington and Jackson, yes, they demanded to be traded and deserved to be traded. But Baron, he didn't demand to be traded nor did he betray us. We betrayed him. Well, the front office at least. So, just keep Baron off that list.

All Star
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:39 pm
KingJames1223 wrote:I agree with most of that. Dunleavy had to be traded cuz he sucks. Harrington and Jackson, yes, they demanded to be traded and deserved to be traded. But Baron, he didn't demand to be traded nor did he betray us. We betrayed him. Well, the front office at least. So, just keep Baron off that list.

Baron had a player option. He left us to be with the Clippers so he could be with Elton Brand who bolted on him.

Franchise Player
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:25 pm
saintdee wrote:
KingJames1223 wrote:I agree with most of that. Dunleavy had to be traded cuz he sucks. Harrington and Jackson, yes, they demanded to be traded and deserved to be traded. But Baron, he didn't demand to be traded nor did he betray us. We betrayed him. Well, the front office at least. So, just keep Baron off that list.

Baron had a player option. He left us to be with the Clippers so he could be with Elton Brand who bolted on him.

This has been hashed out MANY times. saintdee, while what you say is factually true, there are so many details in between. When you understand those, then you understand why it was the WARRIORS that turned their back on him, not Baron.

All Star
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:34 pm
bada wrote:
saintdee wrote:

This has been hashed out MANY times. saintdee, while what you say is factually true, there are so many details in between. When you understand those, then you understand why it was the WARRIORS that turned their back on him, not Baron.

If you're talking about that deal that Rowell nixed Baron still should have stayed. In the end Baron was looking out for #1(himself).. I don't blame him, but don't except me to cheer for him.

Franchise Player
» Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:54 pm
saintdee wrote:
bada wrote:
saintdee wrote:

If you're talking about that deal that Rowell nixed Baron still should have stayed. In the end Baron was looking out for #1(himself).. I don't blame him, but don't except me to cheer for him.

Lets just say the Warriors front office was absolutely THRILLED that Baron opted out.